Page 160 of 699 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210260660 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 6981

Thread: A thread wherein guys rant, complain, and chat about MANLY MAN THINGS page 160

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    This times infinite. I love women but they are incredibly annoying. Or rather I should say feminists are annoying, because they combine a woman's manipulative traits with a sense of entitlement, and that just becomes disastrous.
    Those aren't feminists. Those are women who benefit from feminism but don't hold up their end of the bargain.

New Renaissance is offline Senior Member
    Does that mean you aren't going to show your boobs anymore?

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I’m seeing a lot of dudes that just haven’t met the right girl. I must be ridiculously lucky, somehow I managed to find a non-materialistic, substance-having, purpose-driven female with whom to spend time with. I guess there’s always a chance she’ll flip into bitch-mode, but I don’t see it in her nature.

I have always been a “nice guy” I just don’t see the point in being otherwise, this “fuck me and leave” attitude that a lot of guys want to carry around is so empty. I never wanted that for myself, as much as I wanted to have sex with tons of girls I couldn’t bring myself to perform the physical act lacking SOME type of emotional connection. Out of all the sexual partners I’ve had (not many) I was only ever with one girl whom I really didn’t know, the rest have all been friends/girlfriends and I like it that way. It didn’t always end well, because they wanted more out of it than I did, but I still wasn’t just trying to give them the dick and the door. I was respectful in conveying my intentions and all was understood (though there were some instances where the girls would try to change me or later told me they hoped I would come around and want to date them, didn’t happen, I figure that’s their fault after I had been honest with them) but I at least wasn’t a jerk or led them on, or lied to them.

There’s nothing wrong with being nice, provided you don’t become a pushover, or an emotional tampon for those girls you secretly want to bone. I never fell into that, at least not after leaving high school and learning from a bad experience in which I definitely was a girl’s emotional tampon thinking that it would get me in, that’s a dead end for sure, but I learned from it.

I just don’t agree with males needing to be assholes in order to get girls, one night stands maybe, but not quality girls.

Rosegin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Keep in mind that gradually over the past 30 years or so the masculine spirit has been suppressed while the feminine has been uplifted and given preference in most of Western society. That has led to a lot of frustrated men, alpha or otherwise. Unvented anger can make a person incredibly bitter. These gaming blogs are great places for men to vent that anger.

Realize that we've had maybe 15,000 years to come up with either a woman-dominant society or a society where men and women are "equal." They may have popped up in the past but are they still around? There is a reason they're not around. Like it or lump it, male-dominated society is the one that has withstood the test of time.

Now, I could paint the most beautiful pictures of women or write the most flowery and heart-stirring poetry about how lovely they are and mean it, but I still hate women half the time. I hate their silliness and how they always make the whole world into their own personal drama with themselves cast as the lead tragic heroine. I hate their shit-tests that they don't even realize they're giving.

I love women, but holy crap you piss me off sometimes
    Now see, THIS I agree with. I think women, like men, are a product of their environment. I hate that television has made women out to be whiny princesses. I am not a whiny princess and I despise whiny princesses. I think we've moved past the "feminist" movement and into the "act like a helpless idiot to get what you want" movement.
    ~Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by strom View Post
    I am definetly a "nice guy" so trying to break that pattern. I think its repulsive and why I haven't had much success. I never really wanted to rock the boat. I do like the idea of making my intentions more obvious. Subtlety doesn't work that well. I think touch helps with that, since I have mainly avoided it. It creates this tension that isn't helpful and raises my anxiety. There is not connection to the person except mentally.

The marriage 2.0 I read from one of those links is frightening though. How can you raise a kid if both people are working in competition rather than cooperatively? Also how you manage to not become a victim of a system that is stacked against the male?
    Does "nice guy"="doormat"? I happen to like nice guys. To me, nice means nice, considerate, not an asshole. It doesn't mean "whipped" or "hen-pecked". I appreciate courtesy, manners, etc. I also appreciate people (not just men) who stand up for themselves and don't allow people to walk all over them. I am not, and never have been, attracted to "bad boys". Bad boys are generally douche bags.
    ~Sandy

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Most of the alpha-male stuff on the internet is BS, or is an hyperbolic example. You never need to be rude to be an alpha, being rude diminishes your status. It's just that today's men have been so feminized that you have to exaggerate to make a point sometimes, and then dumb people take it out of context and out of proportion. Most "straight" women out there are so brainwashed that they are basically lesbians(not a criticism of gay people)- wanting a "male" with a feminine appearance and personality. Real alphas are just men, it's just that the word man has lost all meaning these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post
    Most of the alpha-male stuff on the internet is BS, or is an hyperbolic example. You never need to be rude to be an alpha, being rude diminishes your status. It's just that today's men have been so feminized that you have to exaggerate to make a point sometimes, and then dumb people take it out of context and out of proportion. Most "straight" women out there are so brainwashed that they are basically lesbians(not a criticism of gay people)- wanting a "male" with a feminine appearance and personality. Real alphas are just men, it's just that the word man has lost all meaning these days.
    What does this mean? If society has set the bar for what is "feminine" and what is "masculine", then we, as society, can choose to change that. Feminine and masculine are a state of mind.

I don't understand why wearing nice clothing and actually having and expressing feelings beyond anger is considered feminine.
    ~Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by Rosegin View Post
    Does "nice guy"="doormat"? I happen to like nice guys. To me, nice means nice, considerate, not an asshole. It doesn't mean "whipped" or "hen-pecked". I appreciate courtesy, manners, etc. I also appreciate people (not just men) who stand up for themselves and don't allow people to walk all over them. I am not, and never have been, attracted to "bad boys". Bad boys are generally douche bags.
    There is a difference between chivalry and subservience. Do you like to have the upper hand, or do you like respect? A confident assertive individual takes their significant other into consideration when making decisions about their actions. A lot of "nice guys" are just emotional tampons (i like that term. hilarious!) for women to get their emotive fix, but ultimately need the challenge of someone who doesn't put up with their shit. Working relationships strike a balance where both partners compliment each other's good qualities.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosegin View Post
    Now see, THIS I agree with. I think women, like men, are a product of their environment. I hate that television has made women out to be whiny princesses. I am not a whiny princess and I despise whiny princesses. I think we've moved past the "feminist" movement and into the "act like a helpless idiot to get what you want" movement.
    You know what is sad, I have MALE friends telling me I should be the whiny helpless princess type to get what I want. Even if I could be that way, I just can't do it. Women who are like that not only disrespect themselves but also disrespect the entire sex. If I were like that with my husband, he would tell me there's the door. I've never been the princess type and I absolutely hate seeing women pull this shit with men. I'm teaching my girls that its ok to not be a princess, which goes against everything that society teaches them.
    Georgette

Can we bury this Alpha Beta convo BS?