Page 159 of 699 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259659 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 6981

Thread: A thread wherein guys rant, complain, and chat about MANLY MAN THINGS page 159

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I didn’t read the above links but I’ll say that I think it is absolutely perfectly possible for man to be monogamous but social pressures force some to be otherwise. I do also think that humans as a species are always going to be predisposed to looking for mates so for some people (men or women) monogamy simply doesn’t work. They’re forcing themselves into it to comply with our monogamous society and eventually have to follow their true nature and “cheat” on their spouses while being true to themselves. I know it’s a touchy subject, but I do believe that.

I personally think I fall into the “could be monogamous, we’ll see” camp. I loooooove women, and looking at them, etc, I may also quietly desire them, I see nothing wrong with this, but actively acting upon it at the risk of hurting my current mate is absolutely out of the question. Nothing is more important to me at present than this girl’s happiness and knowing how badly it would hurt her is enough to kill any desire for another woman. Surely I’m young, and surely love may eventually fizzle down with the years but as it stands right now there’s no way that I could, no matter how accessible the situation could be. Even if she were to never find out, I personally wouldn't be able to stand myself or her thinking that I was the man I'm presenting, while being another.

Sorry if I missed the point but I’m at work and I can’t read the blogs posted.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Keep in mind that gradually over the past 30 years or so the masculine spirit has been suppressed while the feminine has been uplifted and given preference in most of Western society. That has led to a lot of frustrated men, alpha or otherwise. Unvented anger can make a person incredibly bitter. These gaming blogs are great places for men to vent that anger.

Realize that we've had maybe 15,000 years to come up with either a woman-dominant society or a society where men and women are "equal." They may have popped up in the past but are they still around? There is a reason they're not around. Like it or lump it, male-dominated society is the one that has withstood the test of time.

Now, I could paint the most beautiful pictures of women or write the most flowery and heart-stirring poetry about how lovely they are and mean it, but I still hate women half the time. I hate their silliness and how they always make the whole world into their own personal drama with themselves cast as the lead tragic heroine. I hate their shit-tests that they don't even realize they're giving.

I love women, but holy crap you piss me off sometimes
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    The alpha male thing is too subtle to be discussed productively on the internet. I will say that when I stopped being "too nice" for lack of a better world, I got a lot happier, and so did the women in my life. The alpha male thing is hardly a myth, but it makes both sides happier, not one at the expense of the other.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by New Renaissance View Post
    This thread took a turn for the worse. Neither side is right, and both girls and guys can pee their names in the snow.
    Only girls have to work a lot harder and have a lot more piss stored up to get the letters looking right and in the end they piss on themselves as much as the snow. That's a good metaphor. Live life according to the tools nature gave you. Don't try to be a man if you don't have a cock.

And this thread didn't take a turn for the worse. This thread is precisely the place for this kind of discussion. We can be lovey-dovey and tiptoe around each other's feelings in all the other threads.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

New Renaissance is offline Senior Member

strom is offline Senior Member
    I am definetly a "nice guy" so trying to break that pattern. I think its repulsive and why I haven't had much success. I never really wanted to rock the boat. I do like the idea of making my intentions more obvious. Subtlety doesn't work that well. I think touch helps with that, since I have mainly avoided it. It creates this tension that isn't helpful and raises my anxiety. There is not connection to the person except mentally.

The marriage 2.0 I read from one of those links is frightening though. How can you raise a kid if both people are working in competition rather than cooperatively? Also how you manage to not become a victim of a system that is stacked against the male?

New Renaissance is offline Senior Member
    Nice guys just need to play guitars.

mikeyt is offline Senior Member

but I had to sell it

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Keep in mind that gradually over the past 30 years or so the masculine spirit has been suppressed while the feminine has been uplifted and given preference in most of Western society. That has led to a lot of frustrated men, alpha or otherwise. Unvented anger can make a person incredibly bitter. These gaming blogs are great places for men to vent that anger.

Realize that we've had maybe 15,000 years to come up with either a woman-dominant society or a society where men and women are "equal." They may have popped up in the past but are they still around? There is a reason they're not around. Like it or lump it, male-dominated society is the one that has withstood the test of time.

Now, I could paint the most beautiful pictures of women or write the most flowery and heart-stirring poetry about how lovely they are and mean it, but I still hate women half the time. I hate their silliness and how they always make the whole world into their own personal drama with themselves cast as the lead tragic heroine. I hate their shit-tests that they don't even realize they're giving.

I love women, but holy crap you piss me off sometimes
    This times infinite. I love women but they are incredibly annoying. Or rather I should say feminists are annoying, because they combine a woman's manipulative traits with a sense of entitlement, and that just becomes disastrous.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by strom View Post
    I am definetly a "nice guy" so trying to break that pattern. I think its repulsive and why I haven't had much success. I never really wanted to rock the boat. I do like the idea of making my intentions more obvious. Subtlety doesn't work that well. I think touch helps with that, since I have mainly avoided it. It creates this tension that isn't helpful and raises my anxiety. There is not connection to the person except mentally.

The marriage 2.0 I read from one of those links is frightening though. How can you raise a kid if both people are working in competition rather than cooperatively? Also how you manage to not become a victim of a system that is stacked against the male?
    You break that pattern by being honest. And vocal. If you're interested in someone tell them. Ask them out. If they aren't interested, oh well, move on. And the earth doesn't open up and swallow you. In 50 years nothing that the vast majority of us do, our mistakes, will even be remembered, let alone be important. Fuck it, life's short.

And the system isn't stacked against men, it's stacked against all of us. When you stop seeing "others" as the enemy you can start seeing them as people with their own set of problems. I'm not saying I'm perfect at this. I still get pissed off at "others" sometimes and need a kick in the ass because of it.