Page 156 of 699 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256656 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 6981

Thread: A thread wherein guys rant, complain, and chat about MANLY MAN THINGS page 156

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    and the comments are just unbelievable:
    "Years into my marriage, I just came out and told my wife that I’d be porking other chicks on occasion. It turns out that she had assumed I had already been doing so. She’s not exactly in love with the idea, but she knows I’m gonna do it anyhow, and is only afraid that I’ll actually fall in love with another (younger) woman. The brutal honesty makes the marriage stronger, and the sex hotter."

wow...so he's fucking other women because he knows that his wife feels too shitty about herself to leave him? that true love man. again, i'd rather be alone than living with a dipshit, and my husband knows it.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    lol.
    that would only work if i loved you and knew that you (as my love) were joking. my husband has pulled this on me many times, and if i wasn't feeling the love i'd just laugh and walk on by. then again, according to the descriptions, my husband may be a bit too alpha. and if i had married a beta, i would have ditched him long ago because i'm NOT a princess.
    That would work because the attitude would make you love him. As you said, lead confidently. It's all about attitude. A man who does not truly feel that he is in command can memorize the most "alpha" lines in the world, but they will do him no good without the attitude to back them up. And by the time he has that attitude, he won't need to memorize anyone else's lines.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    wow...so he's fucking other women because he knows that his wife feels too shitty about herself to leave him?
    He's fucking other women because he wants to.

that true love man.
    Even though he has the ability to attract other women and have his choice of who to sleep with, he stays married to her. There's love.

again, i'd rather be alone than living with a dipshit, and my husband knows it.
    Your husband knows you're keeping a close watch on him.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    That would work because the attitude would make you love him. As you said, lead confidently. It's all about attitude. A man who does not truly feel that he is in command can memorize the most "alpha" lines in the world, but they will do him no good without the attitude to back them up. And by the time he has that attitude, he won't need to memorize anyone else's lines.
    The only problem with that is you can't *make* anybody do anything.. but the attitude/ confidence would help catch somebody who is fairly secure off guard and perhaps leave them doing things they probably don't usually do.. Alpha male.. I don't know if those types even exist..
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    nope, you're wrong. i'm a "take me as i am or get the fuck out" type of person. it doesn't matter that i have a vagina. my husband also has the same personality, and yet somehow it works. that attitude (as i've said, he uses it on me) only "works" *if* i'm feeling the love. as a mom to three kids (whom i know that i can raise on my own if it came to that), i don't always feel the love, and so he doesn't always get his back rub. i don't care if he *lightly* flirts with other chicks when i'm not around, and we talk about the attractiveness of other women (usually i bring it up), but if he came home and said "i'd like to bang other chicks, cool with you?" i would very cooly tell him "go right ahead, but don't come back." i don't believe in feeling incapable of functioning without another person, and i know that i could always get someone who makes more $$.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    i think the gist of it is to be assertive and confident. don't be surprised if some of that advice backfires on you. some of us women really aren't into being told what to do, even if "experts" say we are biologically predisposed to want direction and commands. but then again, some of us women aren't into head games and don't want to be in a relationship with people who play around like that. another way to look at it is to decide what YOU are going to do (whether that's where you're eating, how you're spending your afternoon, or what mood you want to have), and ask her if she'd like to join you. honestly, self-help books have been recommending this for decades. you can only control yourself, and followers will follow if you lead confidently.
    few women are like that; especially in today's western society where tv has ruined our ability to understand reality
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Paleobird Guest
    This kind of discussion makes me glad I'm not married.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    few women are like that; especially in today's western society where tv has ruined our ability to understand reality
    yeah, i know.

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    lol marriage is over rated .. *personal opinion*
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    many of the comments on the blog piss me off, but that has nothing to do with my marital status.

honestly, when my husband is commanding like that, i feel like he *expects* me to submissively follow along, which makes me feel unsexy and downright angry. that's why i say that this advice might backfire on some, because not every woman subconsciously prefers to submit.