Page 155 of 699 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205255655 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 6981

Thread: A thread wherein guys rant, complain, and chat about MANLY MAN THINGS page 155

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by spakesneaker View Post
    ha ha.. that blog is my guilty pleasure.

edit: it also lowered my self-esteem a lot
    read this yet?

The Futurist: The Misandry Bubble
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

strom is offline Senior Member
    Bookmarked that blog kenn. Looks fantastic. Want to work on being more alpha.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by strom View Post
    Want to work on being more alpha.
    Screw that. Be alpha now.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

strom is offline Senior Member
    How? It will take some effort to completely change my viewpoint and behaviors. Unless there is some quick way I don't know about.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by strom View Post
    How? It will take some effort to completely change my viewpoint and behaviors. Unless there is some quick way I don't know about.
    As a man, the alpha nature is in you already. You intuitively know what it looks and feels like.

When you hear the words, "Oprah Winfrey Show," you should be aware of a spark of rage deep inside you, no matter how small. That's a manifestation of your alpha nature. When you see a lavish wedding ceremony all for the benefit of the bride and the groom looks like he's not sure he should be there, the spark that you feel is your alpha nature. You will feel the spark when you see a woman berating her husband in public.

Meditate on that spark. Here is your mantra: "A woman is the least of my concerns."
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    i think the gist of it is to be assertive and confident. don't be surprised if some of that advice backfires on you. some of us women really aren't into being told what to do, even if "experts" say we are biologically predisposed to want direction and commands. but then again, some of us women aren't into head games and don't want to be in a relationship with people who play around like that. another way to look at it is to decide what YOU are going to do (whether that's where you're eating, how you're spending your afternoon, or what mood you want to have), and ask her if she'd like to join you. honestly, self-help books have been recommending this for decades. you can only control yourself, and followers will follow if you lead confidently.

for example, BS like this: "Women want men to rule them, protect them, guide them, tell them what to doÖ itís just the natural order." Pfft... right... men like to think this (and maybe it works for some women), but that attitude would not get my husband anywhere with me. at the same time, the author talks about groups of women trash-talkinging their husbands, and i agree with his advice there. if my husband was in a group of men trash-talking their wives, I would never stand for it. why on earth is it okay for women to do this to their husbands? i've actually stood up against my friends before because they were verbally denigrating their husbands.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 05-08-2011 at 09:35 PM.

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    ...some of us women really aren't into being told what to do...
    This is false. Now come rub my shoulders, I had a long day at work.

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    i think the gist of it is to be assertive and confident. don't be surprised if some of that advice backfires on you. some of us women really aren't into being told what to do, even if "experts" say we are biologically predisposed to want direction and commands. but then again, some of us women aren't into head games and don't want to be in a relationship with people who play around like that. another way to look at it is to decide what YOU are going to do (whether that's where you're eating, how you're spending your afternoon, or what mood you want to have), and ask her if she'd like to join you. honestly, self-help books have been recommending this for decades. you can only control yourself, and followers will follow if you lead confidently.
    + infinity and beyond..
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post
    LOL now this is REALLY becoming the Manly man thread.. ;-) haha
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post
    lol.
    that would only work if i loved you and knew that you (as my love) were joking. my husband has pulled this on me many times, and if i wasn't feeling the love i'd just laugh and walk on by. then again, according to the descriptions, my husband may be a bit too alpha. and if i had married a beta, i would have ditched him long ago because i'm NOT a princess.