Page 13 of 699 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113513 ... LastLast

Thread: A thread wherein guys rant, complain, and chat about MANLY MAN THINGS page 13

huntergirlhayden is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I wasn't going to post here, out of respect for the man-cave effect being sought. BUT! My name was brought up as a resource on whether or not hair is kosher. I'm a proponent of keeping it clean and neat, and KEEPING it. For guys that is.
    Not going into my opinions on how ladies should have a clean snatch. (See I can say that because it's a weight lifting term, it's your pervy mind that takes it out of context, geez!)
    Now that I've done my June Cleaver duties of delivering a plate of cookies and lemonade to the boys, I will sashay away into the kitchen to polish the stove, I wont vacuum, I don't have my pearls on and I don't want the noise to disrupt ya'll watching the game.

Toodaloo!
    "It is not what you are that holds you back, it is what you think you're not."
    Denis Waitley

PhoenixFour is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by inquisitiveone View Post
    Gorram it, we did, didn't we?
    Someone is a Firefly/Serenity fan. It takes one to know one. :-)

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eelnus View Post
    About Dutch -

I always go dutch if I'm not interested in the guy. That's part of my way of letting him know that I'm not interested because I won't let him pay for me. I guess that's kinda opposite. But if I'm interested and I know there will be more dates, then I let him pay because I know I can get the next one or because there will be opportunities for it to even out eventually. And I think it makes the guy feel good to pay...not that I deserve it or anything. But if he's interested, I think he likes the opportunity to "be the Man."
    But I don't know...I could totally be wrong...I have no clue how a guy thinks...this man thread is helpful actually.
    If a girl offers to go dutch on the first date, I immediately assume i'm wasting my time and try to wrap the date up as quickly as possible.

If we've been dating for 3 months and she has never even made a weak attempt at an offer, I may be getting a little PO'd. I mean, even if the girl doesn't mean it, at least pretend like you want to make a genuine offer.

basically ladies... LIE TO ME

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post
    If a girl offers to go dutch on the first date, I immediately assume i'm wasting my time and try to wrap the date up as quickly as possible.

If we've been dating for 3 months and she has never even made a weak attempt at an offer, I may be getting a little PO'd. I mean, even if the girl doesn't mean it, at least pretend like you want to make a genuine offer.

basically ladies... LIE TO ME
    I agree, if they during the date, it's a loss, and wrap it up asap and move on. But if it's beforehand, I wouldn't discount it.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFour View Post
    Someone is a Firefly/Serenity fan. It takes one to know one. :-)
    Captain Mal is my man crush. Is that allowed? I hope so.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Any guy I've ever dated (including now, with my husband because we have separate accounts) had to be kosher with going back and forth on who pays. I wasn't gonna pay for everything and neither was he. It felt like I was taking the guy for a ride if he paid all the time, which isn't cool if you want an open, honest, and equal relationship.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

PhoenixFour is offline Junior Member
    The only reason I watch the show "Castle" is to get my Nathan Fillion fix, so yeah, he's probably my man-crush too. Met him once, and he's almost exactly like Castle in real life, except funnier.

eelnus is offline Senior Member
    Speaking of Firefly...who do guys prefer? Inara or Kaylee? I think most women would assume Inara because she's so pretty.

I liked Jane because he was funny and masculine and had a heart underneath all that muscle. One of my fave episodes is the Janesville ep.

jspradley is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Any guy I've ever dated (including now, with my husband because we have separate accounts) had to be kosher with going back and forth on who pays. I wasn't gonna pay for everything and neither was he. It felt like I was taking the guy for a ride if he paid all the time, which isn't cool if you want an open, honest, and equal relationship.
    Exactly! That's how I've always done it...

jspradley is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by eelnus View Post
    Speaking of Firefly...who do guys prefer? Inara or Kaylee? I think most women would assume Inara because she's so pretty.

I liked Jane because he was funny and masculine and had a heart underneath all that muscle. One of my fave episodes is the Janesville ep.
    Kaylee ftw. And don't forget about Zoey...she's hot as hell too! I like a woman who could carry me back to her cave and rape me.