Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Man, Primal Man, doing the things that primal can page 2

John Gibson is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Morning all,

80/20 night last night... I decided to kick back and relax after losing almost 100 pounds (99 as of last saturday) so I had some Rum, and well a bit of clouded judgement and a couple of ounces of Corn Chips and Potato Chips...

Grok was laughing at me from the corner of the room and we agreed, that it wasn't the best idea in the world...

This morning when I woke up to the birds... hang over and all I am back on the wagon and back into primal...

Well, progress not perfection... 80/20 and all... So not kicking myself but need to get off my butt and migrate over to the health club and do a 45 minute walk on the treadmill. Then tonight, my wife and I might go hunting wild books at the local library, so we will go from our camp into the wilderness of Downtown and stalk the library.

My personal rule is at if the place I want to go is within a 2.5 mile radius of my house its in the prime migration area. If we can walk it we do so.... I am getting a wagon so we can migrate to the grocery and migrate back home with the spoils.

Well, I got my butt to the health club and did 45 minutes on the treadmill. Tonight will be three miles of slow movement with the Primal Pooch, possibly Grokette will join me for the migration.

Well no more than a little worse for wear. The day went off without a hitch and no real cravings due to the carb fest last night.

No real hunger either... just finished up 5 ounces of Salmon that was smoked on the grill MMmmmmm love smoked meat...

Will have something just before bed, I think.

inquisitiveone is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you're doing pretty well. Hang in there!
    “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t — you’re right.” ~ Henry Ford

My primal journal

You want some whine with that cheese? wait... cheese isn't primal damn...

Today I am dealing with body image issues. You would think that I would be happy with a 100 pound weight loss. But today I looked in the mirror and the only thing I could think was "WTF when will the belly go away?????!!!" I think I have 20 pounds of fat hanging in front of me still and I get discouraged.

I was thinking skin removal, but I decided after reading about Unconquerable Dave on this site that I would do the primal fitness and see if I could get the skin to shrink naturally.

Anyhow, sorry to be a whiner... cause when you think about it 100 down is a pretty awesome thing.

John

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Hey i totally know the feeling I started at 502 and my skin is doing well but not what i want to see. I have days when i curse the moon and the sky and the sun for blah blah blah, howevver inmy more lucid days i realize that you play the hand you were dealt to the best of your ability. that is that.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    Hey i totally know the feeling I started at 502 and my skin is doing well but not what i want to see. I have days when i curse the moon and the sky and the sun for blah blah blah, howevver inmy more lucid days i realize that you play the hand you were dealt to the best of your ability. that is that.
    You are quite right...

I am feeling much better at this point. I went out and wrestled a wild coffee and added some unprimal (insert primal scream here) Heavy whipping cream to it.

For the purists out there... yes I know, but I love my cream... what can I say.

Since going LC / Primal (16 months ago) my allergies have been much better. I don't have to use the medications that I used to have to use. This is another plus to this type of eating.

Another plus, is my dandruff isn't as bad as it used to be.

I wonder what else this thing gets rid of...

TMI - when I eat like this my Sex Drive is through the roof Not bad for a 47 year old dude...

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John Gibson View Post
    Since going LC / Primal (16 months ago) my allergies have been much better. I don't have to use the medications that I used to have to use. This is another plus to this type of eating.

Another plus, is my dandruff isn't as bad as it used to be.

I wonder what else this thing gets rid of...

TMI - when I eat like this my Sex Drive is through the roof Not bad for a 47 year old dude...
    My allergies/asthma have improved immensely. I only take what I have when I feel an attack coming on. What else have I noticed...I recover from illnesses faster than before and I don't really have to go to the doctor as much, skin is much clearer, starting to find new hair growth on my head and feeling it as well. My scalp is always itchy and I've found tea tree oil helps immensely with the itchy scalp. I need less sleep which is really, really odd for me to wrap my head around.
    Georgette

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I want to take a nap, but I am work...

How do other primal people deal with workplace naps during the day?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast