Thread: Success!! page

lucyewok is offline Member

Talking Success!!

Hi

i wanted to share my success and ask some advice. i started primal in about january this year, it took me till the end of march to cut out dairy and till the end of feb to change my work outs to 1 or 2 cardio sessions max and 3 weight sessions. I now eat no dairy, grains, pulses, legumes and try to avoid sugar and alcohol (although i have had 11 days anuual leave from work and did 'treat' myself a little here and there, but i guess what is life without the little pleasures one week now and again)

At 5 foot 1 inches tall, i started at 9stone 3lbs about a 31.5 inch chest, 26.5 inch waist and 38.5 inch hips. I was very active doing 3 cardio sessions and 3 weight sessions per week, long low weight high rep seeing no progress especially in my apprearance which is where i wanted it the most. i feel ahsamed as a qualified gym, exercise to music and spinning instructor that i wasnt the best i could be.

so far i have gone down to 8stone 12lbs, and have gone down to 29.5 chest, 24.5 waist and 36 inch hips. i'm stronger than ever before, my max deadlift is 60kg, i can do full body weight dips and chins and clean and press with 12.5kg which is an exercise i have never done before. i feel i've gained a lot of muscle and strength and am getting comments from people, even men, so i must look different!! the best thing is my thighs are smaller and my cellulite is melting away, slowly, but i hope for it to be gone by the end of the summer august/september time.

i've done things i never thought i'd be able to do, i.e. chins, pistol squats, plyrometric push ups, dips. all these things were thing i've wanted to be able to do for so long!!

my boyfriend commented on me and said 'lucy where is your bottom going?!' meaning it was shrinking in size, i am a pear shaped lady so hold my excess more in this area, i'm making myself much more into an hourglass with the paleo diet and workout regime and couldnt be more pleased.

i want to step it up and over the next 6-8 weeks really focus on eating well and eating less treats, as i find it hard to resist a slice of cake if my partners mother has made some and he brings it home, or a glass or two of wine on a saturday.

i live in england too so need to make the most of the summer aa our winters, autumns and spring times tend to be cold, wet and dark and last about 6 - 8 months of the year!!

i hope this is inspriation to any ladies thinking of starting primal as i cant reccommend it enough, i have never been so strong lean and fit ever and at 25 i hope to only get better!!

lucy

sarahmasteller is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on your hard work and success!

Kymma is offline Senior Member

Polecatz is offline Senior Member
    Well done. I like to read what other people do to get ideas and also to think ah I am not the only woman in the weights section. I agree that low carb, high fat/protein and using weights does give you that hourglass figure. I never had an aim to get thin but I longed for a waist and curves rather than the fat around the middle/shapeless look I used to have. Thanks to doing weights I have got that great curve from the waist to the hips that looks so feminine and you just want to show it off!

MaBelle is offline Member
    awesome - your hard word is paying off!

i agree, i am usually the only woman in the weights section, and always the only woman doing weights 'properly' i.e. heavy and compound exercises, low rep.
    the first time in my life i want to show my body off, i have more confidence and zero hang ups with my ody around my long term partner who has loved me fat, loved me thin and now loves me ripped ahahaha!! he also does primal and the same work outs as me and i think that helps support and motivate me.

keep it up girl we are awesome!!

thank you so much x

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Excellent, congratulations on the changes!
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Polecatz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucyewok View Post
    i agree, i am usually the only woman in the weights section, and always the only woman doing weights 'properly' i.e. heavy and compound exercises, low rep.
    the first time in my life i want to show my body off, i have more confidence and zero hang ups with my ody around my long term partner who has loved me fat, loved me thin and now loves me ripped ahahaha!! he also does primal and the same work outs as me and i think that helps support and motivate me.

keep it up girl we are awesome!!
    Yeah it is such a shame that few girls cotton on about the virtues of weight training and the high fat diet. I just feel so sad for other women in a way when say you read on FB that someone is starting a diet and from what they are saying it always involves eating rabbit food and doing loads of cardio. You just know they'll end up failing and miserable but I have so far been unable to convince any of my female friends to try this way. Even though I have got results they still won't go for it. Its like, its not even hard. A lot of women seem to be terrified of eating fat and also terrified of doing weights lest they become some sort of iron woman. Yes it has taken discipline but with the CW diet I always had food on my mind and how much I had to exercise to burn x calories. Now I can exercise because I want to get stronger and want to be better at sprinting, not JUST to lose weight. The most amazing thing is to feel in control of your blood sugar levels - I am never ever starving hungry any more so I can always make sensible food choices rather than go crazy and eat a whole loaf of bread. Glad you are wanting to show it off - do it! I feel the same.

Nion is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Pictures! I wanna see your ripped arms