Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What's your go-to Primal daily menu? page 4

hannahc is offline Senior Member

MariaNYC I was going to say the same thing with the breast meat! I have trouble getting through it as well, unless it's either doused in mayo or mixed into a soup or something (which will usually have other fattier meats in it). I love roasting whole chicken, but always end up with pretty much the entire breast (both sides) to figure out how to use.

Typical meals

B: nada

L: dinner leftovers

D: meatloaf, meatballs, cabbage rolls, eggs and meat, roasted meat, sometimes a vegetable side (many times not), some sort of jambalaya/gumbo/chili/hearty stew...those are colder weather meals anyway.

In the spring/summer it was more like fish, shrimp, slaw, big salads, grilled chicken thighs or flank steak...more "refreshing" things

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

misathemeb is offline Member

B: weekdays (IF 1-2x a week, or raw almonds, pumpkin swirled in greek yogurt with bloobs OR a protein shake made with almond milk) weekends: bacon & eggs or frittata

L: BAS with either albacore, salmon, or chicken

D: try to mix it up as much as possible. turkey burger, cornish hen, pork chops, ny strip, bison, cottage pie, eggs etc. a nice helping of broccoli, or cauliflower, summer squash, leafy greens etc. with EVOO

findchris Guest

Wow, this was eye-opening.

Seems that us primal people love to start the day with eggs and bacon.

It's so nice to be amongst such good company :-)

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

B = Black coffee. Spinach salad with apple, walnuts, pecans, canned wild fish, and olive oil.

L = Leftovers from dinner or a couple HB eggs and some pickled herring or sardines.

D = Meat-based dinner such as pulled pork, pot roast, ground beef with olives and onions, spaghetti sauce (over spaghetti squash) with ground beef/sausage, grilled chicken, curry, stir fry etc. And some veggies.

I often have a bit of alcohol, chocolate, or berries for dessert.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

rachelsgroove Guest

Breakfast: Eggs w/ scallions, bacon, coffee w/ cream and sometimes 4 oz of pure oj.

Lunch/Snack 1: Salad w/ chicken or tuna

Lunch/Snack 2: Apple with almond butter

Dinner: Chicken breast cooked in lots of olive oil, sauteed broccoli w/ onions. Glass of wine 2-ish nights a week.

soror is offline Senior Member

b-fast- homemade sausage cooked w/ grassfed tallow or coco oil and stirfry veggies(broccoli-onions- greenpeppers-green beans)

lunch- leftovers - or big salad w/ meat(if I have it) or hard boiled eggs- sunflower nuts - evoo dressing

supper- roasted chicken is a big favorite- if I am lazy just evoo-lemon juice- sea salt and garlic- if not than lots of different spice blends - lately it has been a sort of greek mix I made up- served w/ some sauteed veggies and maybe a sweet potato

Mama to 4, wife to my love

syzchan is offline Member

Quick and easy due to lack of time!

B: Frozen salmon filet nuked up, served with half avocado (+/- frozen green veggies), loads of coffee

S/early lunch: 2 boiled eggs + raw veggie sticks (e.g. peppers)

S/early dinner: serving of some meat I cooked up in a big batch earlier in the week + veggies + tsp EVCO (or replaced with butter in veggies)

Later Dinner: repeat of early dinner (+/- 1 or 2 squares of 85% dark chocolate)

May skipped the first dinner, depending if I'm working out and then just eat it with the later dinner.

mstrudle is offline Member

This is the general routine I have fallen into for the weekday; weekends I have more time to cook quality meals so I eat more

Breakfast:

Apple

Water

Handful of almonds (if on hand)

Lunch:

3-4 eggs, sunnyside up or omelet, with salsa on top

Sliced avocado and/or bell pepper

Apple or bananna

Water

Fish oil supplements

Sometimes I also eat a spinach, tomato, avocado, bell pepper, and onion salad with loads of olive oil and a wee bit of vinegar and oregano.

If it's a race day I will also eat some celery with almond butter.

Dinner:

Usually half of a small chicken or broiled steak or fish for protein

Salad

pellegrina is offline Junior Member

Breakfast is two cups of coffee (with cream and Sun Crystals--my big indulgence), and some combination of fruit and nuts. My favorite is mixed berries topped with coconut milk, walnuts and cinnamon.

Lunch is usually eggs, a big-ass salad, or leftovers from the night before. I love it when there's leftover cold chicken legs!

I rarely snack but if I do, it's a handful of cashews or almonds.

Dinner is generally some kind of meat or fish, and a generous portion of sauteed, steamed, or roasted veggies.

A couple times a week I might have a "dessert" of a sliced apple with almond butter, a square of dark chocolate, or a cup of herbal tea with honey.

After more than three months of primal eating, my daily menu is pretty much automatic.

geraldh Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

My workdays usually end up:

B - 3 egg omlette w/bacon, cheese

L - Albacore tuna on a bed of baby spinach w/mushrooms, olive oil dressing

D - some type of chicken or a steak w/2 cups steamed veggies, 2 glasses red wine.

Weekends I'll get a little fancier with the recipes.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234