Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your go-to Primal daily menu? page 3

Tarlach is offline Member

Primal Fuel

B: nothing

L: nothing

D: 3 or 4 t-bone steaks

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

• Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . • Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . .• Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    • Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . • Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . • Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    • Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

bobbylight Guest

Damn Tarlach, that is hardcore!

MariaNYC is offline Senior Member

Solution for those pesky chicken breasts -- chicken salad! I used the have the same problem with them going bad and being to bland/dry, so once I got my food processor, started throwing it in with lots of mayo. Other things to add include avocado, olives, tomato, etc.

And that is so funny you have to eat sardines outside!! Shortly after moving in with my fiance, I had smoked cod liver from a can when he wasn't home. He gagged from the smell for the next 3 days!!

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Metasequoia Guest

bobbylight - lol! "my one cheat of the day" - classic!

I'm a newbie. I keep a food journal so I can see how food affects me, it's pretty handy. I like to make up huge batches of stew & eat it for most meals until it's gone. Last week I made a goat stew & I just made a beef stew a couple days ago. (Goat is sooo much better.) I found a local farmer who raises them as a hobby & they've never tasted grain in their lives - just grass & shrubs.

If I'm not having stew, my day might look like this:

Breakfast:

Leftover steak over a salad with crispy sunflower seeds (as per NT) & Bragg dressing.

Cod lover oil.

About 2-3 TBSP worth of raw beef liver.

Nettles & spearmint (either chilled or hot.)

Lunch:

Wild Alaskan salmon, zucchini, yellow squash & asparagus in a butter-lemon-coconut milk sauce.

1 fermented pickle.

Egg nog (2 raw egg yolks, cream, nutmeg, sprinkle of salt, drop of stevia glycerite.)

Dinner:

1 whole chicken leg/thigh.

Collards sauteed in butter.

Sauerkraut.

Fermented beets, carrots & ginger.

Big gob of raw butter.

I try not to snack & I keep my carbs low. I don't do well with carbs or fruit (or sugar.) I eat raw butter on *everything*, I slather it on just about everything that goes in my mouth. The kids just eat it plain.

I've been making a treat once in a while. I pour just a splash of boiling water in a cup, add some beef gelatin, some cocoa powder, a drop of 2 of stevia glycerite & fill it up with cream & chill. It's like chocolate cream jello & it hits the spot. I can't seem to get enough fat.

eva
    eva is offline Senior Member

B - nothing

L - nothing

D- roast pork, vegetables ( roasted with lard) or avocados and

coconutcreme with a sprinkle of cranberries for desert

challenge yourself
    i blog here http://theprimalwoman.blogspot.com/

gazb is offline Junior Member

On weekdays I typically eat...

Breakfast: Bacon, eggs, and optional veg (spinach, mushrooms, olives). I usually fry the eggs but sometimes I'll mix things up a bit and scramble them or make frittata. Sometimes sausages or haggis or liver as well, but they're not a staple.

Lunch: Usually leftovers from last night's dinner (see below). If not, I'll sometimes go to Baguette Express or occasionally Subway and get their salad offering. All the good stuff, none of the bread, awesome. I'll make sure to have plenty of protein and fat in it - chicken, eggs, bacon, brie.... Or I'll go to a supermarket and get some chicken pieces (dark meat, not breast, of course).

Dinner: Things I often make are:

- Beef mince fried with veg (onions, garlic, whatever else I may have around) and some herbs.

- Big piece of meat: pork chop / belly, steak, chicken legs, lamb chop, you get the idea. Usually with some veg like broccoli, cauliflour, and/or carrots.

- Omelette, only if I don't have any meat ready to go, I just don't find eggs hit the spot as much as meat does for dinner.

Dessert (maybe once a week): chocolate cream. Take some cream, add cocoa powder, whip it up, done, no sweeteners required although those with a sweeter tooth than me might need to add a bit of sugar or whatever articifial sweetner is "in" at the moment for it to hit the "dessert" spot. Fatty, fairly low carb, and filling.

Pre-workout banana, seems to improve performance, particularly as I need to cycle to the gym so that uses up some energy before I even get near the weights!

Snacks: Chicken thighs are a good one, you can buy them pre-cooked, they're a perfect size for a snack, and it's one of the fattiest and tastiest parts of the chicken. Also, coffee with cream counts as a snack if you put enough cream in :P. Sometimes pâté. Occasionally nuts, but they're VERY easy to overdo, which results in me feeling a bit bloated and ill. Cheese once in a while. Sometimes just straight butter or coconut oil.

Also if there's non-Primal stuff going, like if I'm offered a sandwich or pizza slice or cake, I'll find it hard to say no. 20% and all that.

Anyway I'm very much not going for weight loss; if anything I'm trying to put on a bit of muscle. I guess I'd go a bit easier on the cream, fruit, starchy veg, cheats, and snacks if I were trying to lose weight.

Squirrel Jo is offline Junior Member

I'm still a bit new to this, but trying...

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs & bacon/ quinoa with coconut milk

Lunch: Olives, sundried tomatoes, artichokes (all drenched in olive oil), cured meat, avocado.

Dinner: Roast meat & veg

snacks: Nuts, seeds, peppermint tea with coconut milk (someone suggested it on here - I love it!).

Baglady is offline Junior Member

B= 2 eggs boiled, 12 macadamias, berries. substitute bacon or smoked sausage for macadamias or substitute cottage cheese for eggs on occasion

L=big salad, with whatever fresh veges I have on hand and usually leftover meat from the night before of a meat that was precooked and measured and frozen. All with "Non Primal" salad dressing (still working on that one)

D=meat (usually whatever i have found on sale or defrosted from the freezer) and vegetables, steamed or roasted.

Snacks are jerky, nuts, apples w/almond butter, cheese.

Bags
    Primal Since 10/2009

fotakou is offline Junior Member

Breakfast:either IF/some eggs(2-3) poached with butter/half avocado,fish(tuna or sardines) with 1oz of butter/handful of nuts

Lunchepending on situation.If I have university I will eat whats on the menu. That means chicken,red meat,burger(but I think i will stop it) or anchovies.Every time a medium salad and perhaps some cheese of unknown origin :P

If I am at home I will prepare some eggs,usually omelet and eat some veggies like tomatoes,cucumbers,carrots or Chinese Cabbage. The veggies change according to what is in season

Dinner:Usually I want meat,either a steak,chicken,beef liver or fish. If I ate a lot during the day I might go for a 5 egg omelet and while the skillet is still frying I might throw some tomatoes and cabbage.

I also eat 1-2 handfuls of nuts or teaspoons of nut butter,no matter the main course.

Snacks:mainly nuts but I might switch to fruits some time soon

Kebekgirl Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Great ideas here... For what it's worth, I can't stand chicken breasts - even as chicken salad or in soup... So I just don't buy them - only thighs, drumsticks or the whole leg!

Yesterday's meals:

Breakfast - flank steak

Lunch - ground beef sauteed with cabbage, onions, celery and carots

Dinner - eggs and bacon with tomatoes

I do IF sometimes as well - makes meal prep a cinch!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast