Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm heart and soul into primal living!!... except my body? page

Enilegna/hearts is offline Senior Member

Unhappy I'm heart and soul into primal living!!... except my body?

Shop Now
    HI! :P
    I think it's been a month... and a half since I started eating Primal. Other than missing certain foods, I'm happy with the change. I don't have any more bloating , amazingly I have more energy and I found my forgotten love for eggs and meat.
    Problem is, my body hasn't adjusted yet. My period stopped (I think is gonna be my 2nd month in may and well.....I can't go to the bathroom. Like..... can't. Period. I know there's a period of adjustment for the body, but for how long? And the stop in cycles... is that really normal? I don't know, I guess I just need some advice on how to endure this changes until my body adjusts completely. Or am I doing something wrong?
    Advice would be a blessing!

huntergirlhayden is offline Senior Member
    Incorporate some more leafy greens, that always helps with the bathroom. Also be sure you're drinking enough water, water is -extremely- important in elimination. First thing in the morning, right after waking, have at least 8-12oz of water, room temp is best. Just chug it down. That should help get things moving as our bodies are normally ready to do some business after a nights rest and digestion.
    For you cycle, any change in diet has an effect on your hormone levels thus effecting your period. If you were coming off a hardcore SAD your bodies hormone levels are probably stabilizing and working out how to operate with out interference from added chemicals/sugars/hormones etc. Give you body time to adjust. If you were average weight and have lost weight that might also be the key. If you were over weight and are losing weight, again, your hormone levels change in the process thus disrupting your cycle. I'm not a doctor, or even all that smart, so don't take any of this information too seriously, I just know what I've been through personally. If you don't start in the next month or so maybe you should see your doctor to make sure nothing is amiss. Nobody likes stirrups. But sometimes, we just gotta climb up and spread to make sure everything's okay!
    "It is not what you are that holds you back, it is what you think you're not."
    Denis Waitley

huntergirlhayden is offline Senior Member
    Oh! And there is absolutely NO wrong way to do this, its your body, you find what works best for you. Ignore anyone who tells you exactly how something should be done, remember they're only experts on their bodies, not yours.

Thanks a ton! I'll up my vegetable intake to see any improvement, although being a college student is pretty difficult to get enough greens when I'm in a hurry, specially during finals. You wouldn't believe some of the food I see served in the cafeteria. I kind of was average weight, although my friends have notice the change, I'm just hoping I can get the answers here, instead of going to a doctor that'll maybe tell me to up cars or grains or whatnot.. :S

Wenona1975 is offline Member
    taking a few grams (1 gram = 1,000 milligrams) of vitamin C at one time would give you a fast bowel movement also if you really need to have one.

I've gone months and months without a period because my hormones were messed up. And personally that was fine with me, only if I had pain or was worried about having children would I go to a doctor for it. But as Hayden said, your body is still adjusting to changes you've made. Do what puts your mind at ease, if you're really worried that something is wrong you can go to the doc for advice.

I can't remember how long it took for my first period after I stopped taking a regular birth control pill, but I didn't feel sick or anything so I didn't worry.

Ohhh... well that's a relief. I thought missing periods was a bad health sign. Phew!
    As for the vitamins - will try it, I've been inclined also to make some homemade kefir or kimshi too, although I need to buy the kefir grains online. I don't think anybody knows what kefir is around here. o.O

Ideal Peace is offline Senior Member
    What's you're exercise like? I go for a light jog in the morning (I have to at least jog to get to 50-60% primal heart rate), which helps a lot with my digestion from the night before because of my very low carb (20-40g) intake, I also defecate from a standing/squating position as mentioned in Mark's sidebar on this week's exercises on squats which makes it easier.

Don't make the mistake I did two weeks ago, in which my only carb intake was from almonds and walnuts (2lbs over the course of a week), suffice to say I felt like I was pooping rocks coated in oil.

profdjj is offline Senior Member
    Make sure you're getting enough magnesium. Take a magnesium citrate supplement and you'll be going in no time. A popular brand to drink is Nature Calm.

Belforte is offline Senior Member
    I have found an easy way to include greens is with my scrambled eggs. I buy a pack of rocket and use about a cup to make a bed of greens on the plate. Than I put my scrambled eggs on top, its absolutely delicious. You could do it with baby spinach as well.

If you are not completely primal perhaps have a fresh fig or two and lots of lots of water.

Good luck.

XD I'll try to remember that!
    I actually do body-weight / interval training exercises, like 15 - 20 min most of them, all from Bodyrock.tv. They're fast and effective, I think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast