Thread: Primal Journal (flufs99) page

flufs99 is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal (flufs99)

I had been following the Primal/Paleo guidelines for about a month and felt great! It is definitely something I like and helps me to feel good. I just want an additional reason to be accountable so I am starting this journal now.

I am on a hiatus from the PB at this time, since I had a tonsillectomy on 4/26. It's been a week and I cannot really eat anything solid yet. It will probably be another week or maybe more before I can eat food because the pain is so great. I also cannot do any physical activity. Being a couch potato for 2 weeks really doesn't suit my needs or lifestyle, I am really bored and very hungry. At this time I am eating whatever I can, which isn't much. There isn't much I can seem to get down (other than ice cream which is cold/soothing and soft) so I am getting calories any way I can. I am very anxious to get back into following the primal lifestyle and once I can I will start my journal. I am hoping to be back on it by 5/11, which is exactly 2 weeks.

Goals:
    1. Feel good
    2. Be in the best shape of my life
    3. Look good naked!
    4. Start PB on 5/11

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. Hope you get better fast!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Almost through my recovery period, starting to eat soft foods. I'm eating a lot of dairy (yogurt, ice cream, kefir) and my body isn't very happy. I am going to start eating more veggies (think baby food style) and eggs starting tomorrow. I'm thinking ground beef and chicken might be where I start in terms of meat. I've been looking for lots of recipes to try and am looking forward to the PB lifestyle. My activity is also limited until 5/11 but I have been trying to take walks often. Sometimes I hate when I follow doctor's orders but it's only for my own good. Having to go back to the hospital following a complication would be the worst thing right now! So I am taking it easy on the road to recovery. Only a few more days...

Yesterday I was not very hungry in the morning, i listened to my body. Had 2 eggs for breakfast, a banana with almond butter later for lunch. Had a great workout at the gym where I lifted very heavy things! Came home to have a protein shake. Walked 1.5 miles to a pho restaurant where I got grilled pork and "vietnamese omelette" with steamed veggies instead of rice. I'm not sure what was in the omelette but it was interesting and good. Then had a nice after-dinner walk home.

Workout
    Warm up, mobility, foam rolling
    Push up/Squat ladder 2x5
    DL - warm up sets then sets of 3 up to 160 and 1 rep at 165
    Bar complexes - RDL/bent over row/hang clean/push press/front squat 5 reps - 45/55/55

After not working out for so long I was pretty gassed! Felt great! Definite DOMS today though. I'm thinking a nice hike/walk will be on the agenda today, along with food prep and cooking.

I have been under the weather all week and for some reason I felt like eating really badly. I ate lots of stuff I normally wouldn't and that isn't of the PB lifestyle. I feel like a crack addict who keeps going back for more. Breaking a lifetime's worth of habits is hard stuff. Lately I haven't been hungry in the morning and eating just sounds horrible. Then I go to work and am too busy for any breaks. I eat a Larabar cause that's the only thing I can sneak eat while I'm working. My throat has been sore so its a lot of green tea. I definitely need to up the water intake today. I finally have a day off, tomorrow, and want to enjoy it! I am recommitting myself to the PB today! I am having a paleo style potluck with my friends today in the park, hopefully it's sunny. There are a lot more people than I thought that I know that are into this way of eating. It's awesome!! Whatever it takes, I need to stick to the PB cause it definitely helps me feel my best. I know it and still I am back to CW when things get busy or hard or something...starting today again.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Have a great day! You can do it
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals