Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Body by science page

Valkyria is offline Senior Member

Body by science

Primal Fuel
    Have any of you guys read this book? What did you think?
    "All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."
    Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

Proud mother of twin girls!

gordo is offline Senior Member
    I think that if you're an untrained college-age person, it would work. The studies they reference all use that population. Of course, anything that group does will increase their fitness rapidly.

Gordo

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    This has been gone over quite a bit. The basic story is: Everyone (I think) who trains people for a living and has worked with athletes thinks it's garbage, but a couple of guys here swear it is the only way to get strong.
    Basically, anything you do will work for a while if you are totally new to strength training, which is why BBS "works" - but do any really strong people do this? The book's author isn't even particularly strong looking.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gordo View Post
    I think that if you're an untrained college-age person, it would work. The studies they reference all use that population. Of course, anything that group does will increase their fitness rapidly.

Gordo
    +

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    This has been gone over quite a bit. The basic story is: Everyone (I think) who trains people for a living and has worked with athletes thinks it's garbage, but a couple of guys here swear it is the only way to get strong.
    Basically, anything you do will work for a while if you are totally new to strength training, which is why BBS "works" - but do any really strong people do this? The book's author isn't even particularly strong looking.

= Truth

Thanks guys! I don't think I'll be buying it then.
    "All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."
    Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

gordo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyria View Post
    Thanks guys! I don't think I'll be buying it then.
    Good choice. I got it at the library. I also got "Starting Strength" there. I ended up buying a copy of that one.

Gordo

JordanS is offline Junior Member
    Body by science is really a fantastic read. Lots of great info. My buddy and i have been using the method now for well over 2 years and have gained serious strength. Weve both done over 400 on the deadlift for reps. Read the book, even if you dont "AGREE" with the info, you will still learn alot. Obviously not everyone posting on this thread has even read the book. Wheather or not someone "looks" strong is not the point. As the book explans clearly in the first couple chapters, people who "look" strong are often fat, or they have a genetic mutation that allows them to have a once in a lifetime combo of lots of muscle and very little body fat. Myostatin deletion. Google: belgian blue cattle and you will see exactly the same mutation in cows who do exactly zero exercise and eat grass...

I like how people disagree with science with opinion.

Seriously, it works fine, and the book is a wealth of information.

Quote Originally Posted by JordanS View Post
    Body by science is really a fantastic read. Lots of great info. My buddy and i have been using the method now for well over 2 years and have gained serious strength. Weve both done over 400 on the deadlift for reps. Read the book, even if you dont "AGREE" with the info, you will still learn alot. Obviously not everyone posting on this thread has even read the book. Wheather or not someone "looks" strong is not the point. As the book explans clearly in the first couple chapters, people who "look" strong are often fat, or they have a genetic mutation that allows them to have a once in a lifetime combo of lots of muscle and very little body fat. Myostatin deletion. Google: belgian blue cattle and you will see exactly the same mutation in cows who do exactly zero exercise and eat grass...
    I would read it, it seems like it could be interesting, but the library hasn't got it and I don't want to potentially waste my money buying it ...
    Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyria View Post
    Have any of you guys read this book? What did you think?
    What makes you think anybody here knows what's going on? Read the book and decide for yourself...
    “BODY BY SCIENCE” — ESPECIALLY FOR WOMEN
    YouTube - bodybyscience's Channel

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast