Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Hong Kong Grocks here ? page 2

Barnesc is offline Junior Member
    Looks like i'll have a challenge going Primal... but that is ok. I'm really really excited about moving to Hong Kong and going Primal at the same time and basically turning to a new page in my life. I'm not going to let any negatives get in the way. If anyone has anymore useful information please feel free to let me know!

BTW. Primalpilgrim - I was looking at some of your posts and your blog, absolutely amazing. Your success and kindness in helping others really is motivating me to want to live a PRIMAL lifestyle. I thank you for that!

Cheers!

primalpilgrim is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Barnesc.

Being in HK, organic meats would be very expensive. Your best bet might be organic\free range eggs. If you can speak Cantonese or phonetic Cantonese its called "chao tei gai taan" (literally "run ground chicken eggs").

As others have mentioned, Australian and New Zealand meats should be considered very good options (the lamb I use in Vancouver, Canada is from NZ).

Space is a premium in HK. Primal workouts could be anything from a single kettlebell in your living space to pull ups\chin ups\bodyweight stuff in public parks and recreation spaces.

If you are interested in cycling touring HK, get in touch with Amuro Lee from this forum http://www.stridaforum.com/forum/vie...php?f=3&t=2894

They run an active folding bicycle cycling group, communicate in English and are comfortable with western culture.

Barnesc is offline Junior Member
    Excellent!!!

I'll be sure to send a note once I get over there! I appreciate the link and the information above!

gordonsanders is offline Junior Member

Any Hk groks still here?

Living in north point and wanting to fellow ev fit people.

Please let me know.. Btw my cell is +852-5418-5490 .. Send me an SMS !

70in2012 is offline Senior Member
    Been in HK for nearly 5 years. Been primal over the last couple of months. HK is pretty expensive especially when it comes to organic meat and vegetables. However, i have realised that cooking primal at home is actually cheaper than eating out all the time.
    Few but ripe.

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    In Hong Kong right now on holiday...

Any good restaurants? Yesterday I hit Wu Kong and Crystal Jade in TTT district. I must say, did not find the HK cooking thus far to be as good as the Shanghainese cooking which I love.

Just sort of lacking in effort, very so so. Perhaps I haven't found the good stuff yet?

shivan is offline Junior Member
    I just moved here. Im up for meetup / whatever

seano is offline Junior Member
    Bumping the HK thread

I'm here for 2 months. Staying at the Harbour Plaza between North Point & Quarry Bay.

I expected my food costs to go down compared to Australia (where I've been for the last month) but no way! A lot more expensive and none of the stores I've been to sell the large cuts I like. I may buy from local butchers, who speak very little English, but am guessing that meat can't be trusted.

I did find Brazilian chicken reduced heavily so stocked up on that. Though not sure about it's quality either.

How do you eat out and stay gluten free? Everything has soy sauce! I don't mind a bit of rice, starches or poor quality meat, but have avoided gluten for more than a decade.

--
    Sean Roberts

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wow, just noticed this thread here. I used to live in Hong Kong.

You can buy duck eggs at North Point and Shau Kei Wan markets. Much better quality than the "run-ground chicken eggs".

The meats at the local butchers come from China. Organic meat can be found in CitySuper or Jason's, but really expensive.

Some ideas to avoid gluten:
    - at chinese restaurants: congee, rice noodles, rice cakes
    - vietanese restaurants (pho, spring rolls)
    - sushi places
    - some local 'tea-cafes' serve salads and steaks now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12