Thread: Going from what I thought was right to Primal! page

Darwin17 is offline Senior Member

Going from what I thought was right to Primal!

Primal Fuel
    What I thought was right. Gym 4 days/week with standard weight lifts.

Found out about kettlebells, still ended up killing myself 4 days/week with a hybrid split system.

Read Primal Bluprint and found out I was doing it all wrong!

Riding bikes, working heavy twice a week, and then a sprint once a week is way more fun! Also my body seems to be thanking me for this new way of excersise. I don't have the pains that I usually have and I think my body was yearning for me to let it recover. The book seemed to go against everything I have ever thought about working out but I am trusting it and also the guidence of the forum and so far it has been a very good experience!

GreenLightJerky is offline Senior Member
    This is pretty much exactly how I feel. Its taken the hard structure out of the work outs and made it more fun and flexible.
    I just took my self assessment test and going to get ready for my first sprint session!
    I am ordering the book soon but in the mean time the website and forum has been a fabulous resource!
    My name is Matt and I am a Beef Jerky Wizard.
    www.greenlightjerky.com

The book is really good, prepare to really come to a change in your belief system of what you think is right and wrong when it comes to our health. I will look into the self assessment as I don't know what that is about. The site is great and there is tons of info in it, just have to dig it all out I guess....I'm still learning tons and have only been primal for two weeks.

It is surprising how the body is reacting to things like shoes that don't support, IF, sprinting instead of a long run....really does feel more "natural"....don't know if I will be climbing any trees soon though!

GreenLightJerky is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darwin17 View Post
    The book is really good, prepare to really come to a change in your belief system of what you think is right and wrong when it comes to our health. I will look into the self assessment as I don't know what that is about. The site is great and there is tons of info in it, just have to dig it all out I guess....I'm still learning tons and have only been primal for two weeks.

It is surprising how the body is reacting to things like shoes that don't support, IF, sprinting instead of a long run....really does feel more "natural"....don't know if I will be climbing any trees soon though!
    Are you wearing barefoot shoes?
    Love my vibrams. Been wearing those for a while.
    My name is Matt and I am a Beef Jerky Wizard.
    www.greenlightjerky.com

Yep the Fila Skeletoes.....a cheaper version of the vibrams. I don't think they are as good, and I am not shocked at that as they are half the price. It is suprising just what is going on with them as I am sore from the calf down from these things. I wear them all the time when I am not wearing my work shoes....and also I will not wear them for pivoting sprints...they suck for those, so if there are cones with the sprints no barefoot for me ass I almost did the splits last weekend!