Thread: 6 Pack Abs?? page

jamesfonda is offline Junior Member

6 Pack Abs??

I want to go on a diet so that I can lose body fat so that my abs will appear. I don't want anything really drastic because I'm not overweight. I was wondering if you could recommend a certain diet or way to eat. Also, what is the goal body fat percentage I should be aiming for if I really want to unveil my six pack.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Read the Primal Blueprint, while you wait for your copy, read Mark's Daily Apple

RezH is offline Senior Member
    From my experience, simply eating primally will not get you much below 10% BF, not enough to have sharp abs. It's certainly possible, but a fair amount of cardio would be involved.

A better way (my opinion) is leangains or just doing a daily or weekly intermittent fast. Either fast for 16 hours each day (skip breakfast), or do 1 or 2 weekly 24 hour fasts (Eat Stop Eat).

For most guys, unless you do a ton of ab work, a good six pack won't show up until about 8%.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    I got below 10% just following the guidelines here...

NeoBerserker is offline Senior Member
    leangains don't work for everybody. It was putting too much stress on me. Everyone is different though. I wasn't recovering fast enough and i was crashing/storing fat. You can get below 10% with tweaking (unless you have very stubborn genes or some sort of health issue), i say tweaking but its really just figuring out what your body is asking for (there was something holding me back, it was either eggs, nightshades, or dairy, i cut em all out and iv'e been leaner and no gut pain, going to add them back one at a time to see what doesn't irritate me with the aid of gut healing stuff for a while). Every time i make the most progress i find out that i just need to eat clean(er) and reduce stress and my body will do what i want.... except for getting rid of allergies, but even then i'm at least keeping them under control (less inflammation) which is something iv'e never been able to say before.

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Advertising in sig...he won't be back...save your effort.