Thread: high cholesterol page

JBraun Guest

Primal Fuel

boyfriend and i have been eating paleo...we are both fit and lean...

the problem is he just got put on medical at his job because of high cholesterol...

has anyone else run into this?????? help please. thanks.

groquette is offline Senior Member

Do you have the actual numbers?

JBraun Guest

218 total, 168 LDL, 42 HDL, 38 triglicerides

Griff is offline Senior Member

I'll bet that LDL was calculated, not measured. I'd demand a VAP test.

His trigs are great. His HDL's not bad. LDL's a little high, but like I said, I'll bet they didn't measure it.

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

gkh
    gkh is offline Junior Member

I've been primal (with dairy) for about 6 months - always been big on fruit and veg anyway, and a big exerciser. currently very low body fat, high energy, and feel wonderful, best ever. and i only just turned 27.

my cholesterol says something else though - this time last year it was good - HDL 120; LDL 80; trigs 60.

However, I had it retested 2 months ago and the total had gone to 300; had a fasting test and HDL was 120 and ldl was 180ish; trigs 80. did another total one month later; it had hit 350; did another one month later (last week), and it wouldn't even register on the damn machine (meaning above 400). my doctor prescribed statins. i really don't want to take them, so i haven't yet, but hell if i know what is going on with my cholesterol!? my HDL is phenomenol, but my LDL is atrocious. anybody else have similar numbers?

JBraun Guest

griff, could you please elaborate about what you mean by calculated vs. measured? thanks!

gkh, geez. scary. i'd imagine our high fat/high protein diet HAS to have something to do with it.

does anyone know if mark has talked about this????

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

gkh, I'm thinking about Familial Hypercholesterolemia - do you know if this is in your family? Its good that you have excellent HDL as that is protective in FH. Was your cholesterol always good before going primal and did you always limit fat before going primal?

Its probably worth checking -maybe send Davis or Eades an email. Its probably not FH at all.