Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Calorie Counting Revisited : Distillation and Update page 9

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by thyme View Post
    and still more thanks to Paleobird for starting this ball and tending its course. I'm struggling to hit my HSIS protein quota because I am absolutely, positively, not hungry, and haven't been since I upped my protein in the first place. I just did an unplanned 30 hour fast because I simply didn't need food.

on a related note, I went shopping today because all my clothes are falling off of me and I think it's been 15 years since I last saw a size 12, much less a size 12 in multiple stores.
    Yay thyme! Isn't that fun? My 10's are getting comfy now, not just buttoning if I hold my breath. Do you want some of my old 12's? Seriously, this could be an idea. People go through sizes so fast, there is no point in buying everything only to shrink out of it again soon. We should have some kind of Primal clothing exchange system where everybody donates the ones that are too big for the next person coming along the journey.

Eatmydust is offline Senior Member
    You are awesome Paleo, this is just the conformation I needed and is what my body has been telling me...

No cravings or binges. Very compliant with PB eating 100%. I sleep well, get plenty of vitamin D,
    lots of play, minimal stress, tons of veggies, no cravings for processed junk, lots of good proteins and fats.
    Dairy free, legume free,gluten free,sugar free, minimal nuts and berries. Almost always good about following the PBF workout routine.
    I’m doing everything “right”, right?
    This is not something that you have to struggle with, you should just
    be able to meet this process without even thinking about it.

I believe until you can do the above w/o effort and it comes natural, then your body has not reached this process below:

"On a low-carb diet your body burns fat for energy.

But it doesn’t care where this fat comes from;
    it can come from the diet or it can come from the fat cells or it can come from both.
    If you are consuming enough fat to meet all your body’s requirements, your body won’t go after the fat in the
    fat cells no matter how severely you restrict your carbs. You will burn dietary fat only and no body fat.
    And you won’t lose weight. It’s that simple.
    When Taubes says calorie restriction is futile, he is talking about people with carbs running their metabolisms
    Those of us long since over carbs are running on fat. But do you want to burn the fat on your fork or the fat on your tush?

This is a big one "he is talking about people with carbs running their metabolisms " if this is happening you will more then likely fail
    PB if you try and cut calories at this stage.. your system must change over to "Those of us long since over carbs are running on fat"""

We see so many drinking beer, wine, pizza, chips ect. Until you let your body reach this point above it will never happen for you, you must heal your body and let the change happen!! For some that can take month's. The faster you reach 100% PB the faster it will happen..
    I am talking no cravings, someone can put a pizza, chips, beer, chocolete, pie,icecream.. infront of you and you can say no thank you!!!!
    Or you can go out to eat and make the right choose to eat what is on the menu and PB compliant...

I have reached this process it is awesome!! I have found that for some reason that if I eat something that
    throws it off, all I have to do is eat high fat & high protien for a few days and its is back on track..
    small things that can throw it out of whack. To much fruit, cream ,nuts... listen to your body..

I am 100% PB since 8/2010 between Aug. and Jan. it was really tough and have lost 25 pounds just from
    changing to low carbs,no gluten,no sugar, I had a lot of gut healing to do...
    I now know this is the next step to losing more weight, I can feel my body and mind has made the change
    and it is easy to be compliant without thought!!!

Thanks again Paleo for all you guys do!!
    Last edited by Eatmydust; 05-02-2011 at 10:17 PM.

j_wren is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for that! I'm trying to do 2 meals a day as well with a small snack of boiled eggs right before I go to teach my afternoon class. Over the past few weeks I've cut way down on veggies and upped the fat and that's not been working out so well so I think I'll reintroduce the salad at lunch. I'm intrigued by the heart jerky. I think I might be able to stomach it if it was seasoned to hell and back and dried out... I'm thinking this weekend I might get a little offal-venturous! Thanks again, and congrats on the success!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Eatmydust View Post
    You are awesome Paleo, this is just the conformation I needed and is what my body has been telling me...

This is not something that you have to struggle with, you should just
    be able to meet this process without even thinking about it.

I believe until you can do the above w/o effort and it comes natural, then your body has not reached this process below:

When Taubes says calorie restriction is futile, he is talking about people with carbs running their metabolisms
    Those of us long since over carbs are running on fat. But do you want to burn the fat on your fork or the fat on your tush?

This is a big one "he is talking about people with carbs running their metabolisms " if this is happening you will more then likely fail
    PB if you try and cut calories at this stage.. your system must change over to "Those of us long since over carbs are running on fat"""

We see so many drinking beer, wine, pizza, chips ect. Until you let your body reach this point above it will never happen for you, you must heal your body and let the change happen!! For some that can take month's. The faster you reach 100% PB the faster it will happen..
    I am talking no cravings, someone can put a pizza, chips, beer, chocolete, pie,icecream.. infront of you and you can say no thank you!!!!
    Or you can go out to eat and make the right choose to eat what is on the menu and PB compliant...

I have reached this process it is awesome!! I have found that for some reason that if I eat something that
    throws it off, all I have to do is eat high fat & high protien for a few days and its is back on track..
    small things that can throw it out of whack. To much fruit, cream ,nuts... listen to your body..

I am 100% PB since 8/2010 between Aug. and Jan. it was really tough and have lost 25 pounds just from
    changing to low carbs,no gluten,no sugar, I had a lot of gut healing to do...
    I now know this is the next step to losing more weight, I can feel my body and mind has made the change
    and it is easy to be compliant without thought!!!

Thanks again Paleo for all you guys do!!
    Yes, once the hybrid engine that is your metabolism gets switched over to running on fat instead of running on carbs you feel like a classic sports car that has been running on low octane gas and has finally gotten a tankful of the good stuff. Your engine just starts humming along. I wish you the best of continued success.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by j_wren View Post
    Thanks for that! I'm trying to do 2 meals a day as well with a small snack of boiled eggs right before I go to teach my afternoon class. Over the past few weeks I've cut way down on veggies and upped the fat and that's not been working out so well so I think I'll reintroduce the salad at lunch. I'm intrigued by the heart jerky. I think I might be able to stomach it if it was seasoned to hell and back and dried out... I'm thinking this weekend I might get a little offal-venturous! Thanks again, and congrats on the success!
    Boiled eggs are good portable protein but jerky would be a good supplement as well. Any lean meat will work. It doesn't have to be heart. Salads are an excellent source of nutrients. Trading veggies in for added fat just doesn't make sense. Lean protein will give you the satiety factor without overdosing on calories in the process.

Paleobird Guest
    Oh, and a word about measuring learned by trial and error. Measure non-liquid things by weight not by volume. For example 1/2 cup of almond flour can be very different depending on how much you pack it into the cup and 1 cup of chopped onions can be very different depending on how finely or coarsely they are chopped. It doesn't matter if you do grams or ounces, just do weight not volume. I think it is worth it to invest in a good quality scale. When i first started counting I bought the cheapo plastic one at Walmart and its spring was soon sprung. Now I have one that you can put a plate on, hit the "Zero" button and it will zero out the weight of the plate (or bowl) so you are just measuring the food.

Kelda is offline Senior Member
    Yes, that's a top tip Paleo! There can be huge differences when using the cup system.
    Seeking the natural way in a modern world ...

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelda View Post
    Yes, that's a top tip Paleo! There can be huge differences when using the cup system.
    Some people find the counting and measuring to be tedious. I kind of enjoy it. It appeals to my inner geek like a science project only with myself as the test subject.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    I need to try that. I've got a kitchen scale in the basement somewhere that I actually bought for weighing yarn
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    bumping so it's on page one again.

Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast