Page 39 of 54 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Calorie Counting Revisited : Distillation and Update page 39

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Hi! glad you joined us.
    Thanks! I have so much catching up to do ~ calorie control is something I need to do also~ looking forward to reading the whole thread!

Paleobird Guest
    Welcome, Nady. Let me know if I can help.

I posted this before leaving for Africa at the end of July. The reason that i am re-posting it is for all the nay-sayers who said that maybe I could lose some this way but that my weight would yo-yo right back up.

"Final results :
    weight went from 180 to 152 so 28 out of 30, not bad.
    waist went from 32 to 28. 4 inches lost.
    hips went from 44 to 39. 5 inches lost.

The size 8s are comfy"

I now weigh 145
    My waist is 27"
    My hips are 38"

And I wear a size six Levi's jeans. (I'm 5'10")

I don't count calories anymore and I am loving it. It was a means to an end. PB is a great maintenance plan.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Welcome, Nady. Let me know if I can help.
    A long time ago~ 40 years or so~ I read that the metabolism slows by about 10% per decade. If that's true, then at 62, I can't eat the number of calories I could at 22 or even 42! I believe this~ I need to stop listening to skinny 20 somethings that can eat 4500 cal. and face facts~ I need to watch my calories too.

Thank you for this thread~ I think too many people just don't get the *body changes because of age* concept~ until they are actually there!

I love this thread!!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I am losing fat now, and am mid menopause and turned 53 last week. So it can be done. And doing it primally means it doesn't feel like dieting, I don't have to starve, no binging, no trying to kill myself at a gym. Life is good.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I am losing fat now, and am mid menopause and turned 53 last week. So it can be done. And doing it primally means it doesn't feel like dieting, I don't have to starve, no binging, no trying to kill myself at a gym. Life is good.
    +1
    check out her killer journal!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nady View Post
    A long time ago~ 40 years or so~ I read that the metabolism slows by about 10% per decade. If that's true, then at 62, I can't eat the number of calories I could at 22 or even 42! I believe this~ I need to stop listening to skinny 20 somethings that can eat 4500 cal. and face facts~ I need to watch my calories too.

Thank you for this thread~ I think too many people just don't get the *body changes because of age* concept~ until they are actually there!

I love this thread!!
    Exactly.

Paleobird Guest
    The day I turned in my gym membership card was one of the most liberating experiences of my life.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    +1
    check out her killer journal!
    I am so proud of Demuralist. She's doing great.

weird fish is offline Senior Member
    Paleobird, I saw your before/after today - my jaw just dropped, you look fantastic! I am looking forward to reaching the point where I can eat to change my body composition in a more focused way. Not for at least several months though - I need to regulate my cycle and take care of the problems with my appetite and digestion. From what I've gathered, calorie restriction seems to be a guaranteed disaster for mentally and metabolically wrecked people and an effective weight loss tool when used correctly by relatively healthy people. Ahh, hopefully I'll get there.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks you guys, you are very sweet, love the encouragement!!

@ weird fish, PMA (Positive Mental Attitude) will carry you through. It sounds as though you are doing what you need to do to be well, that is definitely the first step.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Page 39 of 54 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast