Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Calorie Counting Revisited : Distillation and Update page 32

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by malloyevelyn110 View Post
    how did I miss this thread? Like it
    Thank you. I hope it could be of help to you.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I think I would actually would be more successful with the jump rope, but I will try both ways and see.

The sausage I use is Jones natural, pork, spices, salt. I am a big label reader. So I tend to do those with breakfast. I will try the switch to scrambled eggs I could eat 4 of those and that would save me about 100 calories and 10g of fat (which I could use elsewhere). I was in a hurry this morning and just had homemade beef jerky with my coffee.

I have cut all dairy except for the cream and whey in my morning coffee. I am going to have to have tried everything else imaginable before I drop that. I would likely just stop coffee all together first. then I would have to add 2 more eggs to that scramble. It is something I really enjoy though so I would have to get to a point where I didn't feel deprived without it. Cause nothing will set off triggers faster for me that feeling deprived.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    PB, d oyou do butter?

It is easier to get the protein you need without feeling stuffed if you just skip the bacon or sausage and just have some extra eggs instead.
    I find the opposite - it feels like a death sentence to have to eat 7 or 8 eggs, but I can easily do 3 eggs + 4oz sausage (from our pastured pig). (OTOH, I would never want 1/4lb bacon, bleh.)
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Donnn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Yes, the leptin reset did put the snack attack monster to rest once and for all. Then you build new habits that don't involve snacking and it sticks with you. I would recommend dropping from 3 to 2 meals but only when it feels natural to do so, not when you are holding yourself back from eating. I just found that when I ate that big breakfast, I would go about my day and the next thing I knew it was 4:30 or 5:00pm.
    I'm finding the same thing with the reset. The body sure gets used to how we feed it. It's interesting how different approaches have led many paleos/primals to fewer feedings and the control that brings.
    In the past I've liked the six meal a day body building type plan. But that a narrow path to follow. I no longer view getting hungry after 2.5 to 3 hours a good thing. Now it seems crippling and unhealthy.
    Congrats on reaching your goal weight. You look great.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    PB, d oyou do butter?

I find the opposite - it feels like a death sentence to have to eat 7 or 8 eggs, but I can easily do 3 eggs + 4oz sausage (from our pastured pig). (OTOH, I would never want 1/4lb bacon, bleh.)
    Same here. Eggs are just...so...eggy. If I go past 3, I'm not loving it. Especially scrambled.

davem is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    The sausage I use is Jones natural, pork, spices, salt.
    "spices" is a fairly unregulated catch all term that allows for nitrates, stabilizers, etc.
    My Fitday public journal.
    Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
    Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
    Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Rats. I tried to do well.

Well ok, so tomorrow I am going to try 4 eggs scrambled and my mocha. If that is too hard then I will go to 2 eggs and some of the homemade jerky with the mocha.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I think I would actually would be more successful with the jump rope, but I will try both ways and see.

The sausage I use is Jones natural, pork, spices, salt. I am a big label reader. So I tend to do those with breakfast. I will try the switch to scrambled eggs I could eat 4 of those and that would save me about 100 calories and 10g of fat (which I could use elsewhere). I was in a hurry this morning and just had homemade beef jerky with my coffee.

I have cut all dairy except for the cream and whey in my morning coffee. I am going to have to have tried everything else imaginable before I drop that. I would likely just stop coffee all together first. then I would have to add 2 more eggs to that scramble. It is something I really enjoy though so I would have to get to a point where I didn't feel deprived without it. Cause nothing will set off triggers faster for me that feeling deprived.
    Coffee for me just sets up a rollercoaster ride of buzzed and then a crash where I must 1)sleep NOW 2) eat something. I feel like getting off it completely was one of the best things I did for my overall health. Some people may not be as sensitive to it. YMMV.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    PB, d oyou do butter?

When I was losing I didn't. I used olive oil cooking spray. Now I am starting to re-introduce a bit back into my diet. Not much as I have diary "issues". My Dr. K breakfasts alternated between 6 eggs or a tub of my liver mushroom pate, or leftovers depending on how ambitious I was feeling that morning.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnn View Post
    I'm finding the same thing with the reset. The body sure gets used to how we feed it. It's interesting how different approaches have led many paleos/primals to fewer feedings and the control that brings.
    In the past I've liked the six meal a day body building type plan. But that a narrow path to follow. I no longer view getting hungry after 2.5 to 3 hours a good thing. Now it seems crippling and unhealthy.
    Congrats on reaching your goal weight. You look great.
    Thank you. The whole sensation of hunger seems different to me. Instead of a shaky panicky thing, it has become just another memo from my stomach that I will get around to answering when I have time.

Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast