Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Calorie Counting Revisited : Distillation and Update page 29

canio6 Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Several times? OK now that's impressive.
    holy heck, she's back! Welcome back.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nion View Post
    Just found this, i think it might be where i'm going wrong with mine, giving this a try then. :P
    I hope it helps. PB does work. It's just too easy to get carried away in the bacon fest and lose track of reality. PM me if you need anything. I'm back.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe McQuay View Post
    Well, I adore foodstuff (and cooking) as well -- found out that while vegan -- but contemplating which i experienced been operating near to the psychological consuming facet of things, too, the definition of happiness might have experienced several scaled-down data points! Satiety, sensation relaxing (physically and emotionally concerning food/whatever), and the like have been element of that equation. I didn't desire to really feel deprived in any way, but I also realized that sensation "stuffed" wasn't beneficial either, or not sensation beneficial subsequent consuming a food for what ever intent also wasn't inside the definition of happiness.
    Yes, finding that balance between satisfied but not stuffed can be tricky. I found the leptin reset threads to be helpful in this, getting your hunger signaling working right again.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tim_1522 View Post
    I think that from time to time EVERYONE can benefit from doing the process of laying out our needs based on the guidelines that are in PB and then tracking for a period of time to see how our consumption measures up to the calculated needs.

I did this about a month ago and found that I was coming up woefully short on calories -- not nearly enough fat to replace the carb calories I was cutting out. It made sense that I was hungry ALL THE TIME and that I was fighting the urge/cravings to cheat -- which had previously passed.

I've since looked for ways to add fat to the diet. I bought coconut milk and now put about 10-12 oz in my coffee everyday (adds a quick 300-250 calories) and this change alone helped a ton with the cravings. I've also started using coconut oil and have been more liberal with adding butter to my veggies, an extra slice of bacon here and there, and so on.

Over the past 7-10 days, I've noticed a major downshift in my hunger and I'm now to the point where I can follow the advice of "eat regular meals as your body/hunger directs you" and stay within a the calculated calorie guidelines without feeling miserable.

I had the opposite problem from the OP, but it was still a valuable exercise.
    Yes, if you don't know where you stand, how can you know where you need to change things?

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    THANK YOU Paleobird ...
    I had been searching for this, after seeing a mention in another thread .... now to refine what I have been doing !
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    holy heck, she's back! Welcome back.
    Thank you sweetums. Well I'm here but my brain is still in another time zone.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Orannhawk View Post
    THANK YOU Paleobird ...
    I had been searching for this, after seeing a mention in another thread .... now to refine what I have been doing !
    Yes, this really is for people who have gotten to the fine tuning stage. I hope it works well for you.

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Welcome back!! I'm really looking forward to reading your story. I'm still getting the whole process dialled in, but your progress is inspiring.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

CandylandCanary is offline Senior Member
    ITA with you, OP.

Great distillation.

A lot of people seem to haaaaaaate counting calories too. I'd add that to the people who shouldn't do it, just because if it makes you that unhappy, you won't be able to stick to it anyway. As they say, most people want to be lean and happy, not lean and miserable.

But imo, it is the most direct and least frustrating, least mysterious and unpredictable, and most efficient way to lose weight. Pick any diet you want. But get those numbers right.
    Getting my Grok on in the Pacific Northwest.

"C is for cookie, that's good enough for me."
    "Cookie is a sometimes food."
    "Sometimes cookie monster eat APPLE instead of COOKIE. Sometimes eat CARROT."
    -Cookie Monster, partially reformed sugarholic

"

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Welcome back!! I'm really looking forward to reading your story. I'm still getting the whole process dialled in, but your progress is inspiring.
    Thanks, Jac. How are the pull ups coming?

Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast