Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Erin's Primal Vlog page

Meadow is offline Senior Member

Erin's Primal Vlog

Primal Fuel
    I decided to start a primal video journal!! (much to the disappointment of my self conscious side)

One of the reasons I did this was to have more accountability with my meals (which I record daily). Sometimes I get stuck in a rut so hoping to stay motivated to try new things and experiment a bit more.

I also hope to help others.....if ONE person finds motivation to try something new or stick to primal because of this, it was totally worth it! Even though I am primal for my own health problems, my main motivation to stay active in the community is hopefully to save others from years of struggle in finding an answer!

Day 19 - Primal Sushi Rolls
    Day 18 - Goslings

Here were the last couple days, I refuse to miss a day! If you have any comments or suggestions let me know.....I am still working out the kinks and techniques of recording all day and filling in the background info. There will probably be a lot of my 'primal cats' (raw fed beasties).....the two bengals especially are ALWAYS in the middle of everything.

Thanks for stopping by!!

Updates:

Day 21 - Crockpot Carnitas
    Day 20 - Hunters Conserving

Its interesting for me to see what all I DO eat that is primal, and what is not. I know I am not 100%, but I feel healthy in my current state, so trying to not focus on the non primal stuff TOO much....but who knows, I might learn something from this as I go.

Oy, youtube fail! I load a video, title it "making yerba mate", and the automatic thumbnail youtube loads up is a pic of my cat cleaning her bum....sheesh.

Day 22 - Making traditional yerba mate

I guess that sorta sums up my vlogs though, cat butts and mate.

Updates.....

Day 24 - Oops, blew the grocery budget
    Day 23 - Remodeling fun fun

Into the last few days of remodeling our master bath, SO happy when this is over so I can focus on something else....like hiking or cooking!

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Hey, Erin! Doing a vlog instead of a journal is a great idea! I was watching the Hunters Conserving episode. Cool stuff! What are you using for a camera?

PS: Very cute cat!
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Thanks Patrick! Currently using a Canon Elph 300 HS. I almost went with the SD1400, but it doesn't re-focus while you are recording so I splurged a bit more. Both are quite compact, which is nice.

Updates!

Things are going well, had a fabulous day with the family on Sunday picnicking. I brought along raw veggies, balsamic dip, and deviled eggs. Great day in the sun and with important folks.

Day 28 - Picnicking for Mom's Day
    Day 27 - Groceries when they are not 100% Paleo
    Day 26 - Default meal = eggs

Keep forgetting to report on my dairy free and alcohol free progress. I am over 2 months in, 100% successful (I still eat butter at the moment), and feeling good. My stomach is happier, I dropped 6 lbs right away, its been nice. It has also been nice not having to deal with the cravings for cream or wine....initially they were there, but now they have faded and its pretty easy to stay 100%.

I will have to include some notes on this in my next video update.
    Last edited by Meadow; 05-10-2011 at 08:33 AM.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Hi, Erin! Love the kittehs! Moar kittehs! How many do you have? I have four -- all black, all rescues.
    (I'll be making the crockpot carnitas. Thanks for the tip to get the crispy bits.)
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    Hi, Erin! Love the kittehs! Moar kittehs! How many do you have? I have four -- all black, all rescues.
    (I'll be making the crockpot carnitas. Thanks for the tip to get the crispy bits.)
    Thanks for stopping by! Love the carnitas....hubby is a big fan of pork, when I don't want to 'cook' I can make this roast and he will make various concoctions with it for days . I used to make it in a dutch oven, but found I was always babysitting it from drying out and had to be home with the oven on...crockpot is so much easier!

Four furry beasts here, 2 shorthair mixes and 2 bengals. Seriously, I work from home, I don't know what I would do without them to talk to all day!! And frankly they are far better then most of my cubemates were when I did the corporate thing. At least they don't gossip!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast