Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - onalark page 9

onalark is offline Senior Member

7/12

Feeling better today. Exercise just kills my stress. I really need to remember that.

Food
    • Breakfast - Linguica with eggs, onion confit, onions, avocado. 12 oz coffee with light coconut milk.
    • Lunch - Pork green coconut curry.
    • Snack - Five macadamia nuts.
    • Dinner - Ate at Daphnes (gyros and steak kabob, salad and veggies, tzatziki sauce). Agreed with myMike that we should never do that again. 18 oz green iced tea. Also nibbled on some of the CSA veggies.

Exercise
    Fight Gone Bad. Final count: 179. Lowest score in the box! Go me!

Supplements
    Same-same. Nightmares still continuing. Dammit.
    Last edited by onalark; 07-13-2011 at 12:43 PM.

Turned off the display of my alarm clock (had the thing five years and only just now realized I can do that -- go me!). Oddly, I found myself waking up before my alarm went off. Hunh.

Ankle still hurts a little, but I iced and elevated yesterday. I should be back at the box tomorrow.

Food
    • Breakfast - Linguica, eggs, onion confit, onions, tomatoes, avocado, basil. 12 oz coffee with light coconut milk.
    • Lunch - Salmon salad (with beets, avocado, tomato, and lemon-olive-oil-dressing) in the fridge.
    • Snack - Macadamias. Those fuckers are delicious.
    • Dinner - Porkchops with a semi-Vietnamese marinade, sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, and lettuce, steamed snowpeas, nuoc cham

Exercise
    Off due to ankle.

Supplements
    Same-same. I upped my magnesium by 1/2 tsp. Slept very deeply last night.
    Last edited by onalark; 07-14-2011 at 11:12 AM.

7/14

Ankle's good again. Not going to do any running for a few more days, but I was back in the box.

myMike says my back is starting to shape up. I don't see it. ::baddumpching!:: But at the same time -- remarkable what a little compliment does for your self image. I do love that guy.

I've been consciously avoiding sweets (dark chocolate included) and wine. I don't know if it's the reason my weight has been declining this week, but if it keeps up I'll probably stay away from both until post-wedding.

Going to also try a nutty "cereal" tomorrow so we can take a break from eggs. Nuts, apples, cinnamon, coconut milk. I bet it'll be great.

Food
    • Breakfast - Eggs, linguica, onion confit. 12 oz coffee with light coconut milk.
    • Lunch - Department is going to my favorite: Korean BBQ!
    • Dinner - Got a beef red curry in the crockpot.

Exercise
    Warmed up with a 600m row.

Four rounds of:
    • 20 russian twists @ 10/15 lbs
    • 10 overhead squat @ 25 lb (but I could have done 45, I think)
    • 20 GHD (I hate these -- gave me a headache -- up there with burpees and walllballs IMO)
    • 20 pushups - plank and kneeling

Time was 17:10 or something. Oh well. At least I finished!

Supplements
    Keeping the increase on the magnesium. Tummy seems okay with it, and I think it's helping me sleep better.

All else is same-same.

Turning off the display on my clock is one of the best things I ever discovered.

Been a while. Stopped journaling. Didn't stop being primal. Think I'll stop being obsessive and just occasionally post about stuff that's awesome.

For instance: equal parts almond butter and coconut oil? Delicious. OMG. Delicious.

Crossfit pwned me today. 50m sled push (100/125lbs) and I thought I was going to die.

I'm taking the next two (maybe three) days off from CF. I did four days of hard training this week. Time to give my body a chance to recover.

In other news: I am losing weight, and almond+coconut oil is still delicious.

Skipped CF today because it was time for my annual girl parts exam. Girl parts check out!

Also put in for the cholesterol test. Anxious to get the results and see if this is all working.

Lying on the exam table, waiting for someone to come see me, I listened to a kid crying a couple exam rooms down and thought he sounded a bit like a shrieking monkey. Heh. I also wondered if I would be able to cope with that in my future. Screaming/crying kids set my nerves on edge, and it's one of the things that's always made me think I'd be a terrible mom.

I worry about how I would deal with my child crying, demanding attention ("Mom, look. Mom, look. Mom, look!"), children throwing fits. They annoy me in public -- but I'm more annoyed by the parents than the kids. At the same time, I'm not sure I could do a better job.

No upbeat conclusion, sorry.

Still super excited to get my cholesterol test back, tho!

We had a rough day yesterday, and went and had pizza for dinner. GF pizza, which I ate with GF beer. And oh no, I gained --

Wait. I didn't gain any weight. Hunh.

Of course, I was under tremendous stress yesterday, and I somewhat suspect my body was revved up and just burned through everything I put in it. This happens. It's why I keep melatonin in the medicine cabinet. I may be jittery all day, but I sleep like a champ, baybee.

Also, myMike stopped taking statins and started losing weight again. He has hit one of his big goals -- he is now under 200 pounds. My big goal is to get to 150 by the wedding, and to be at my goal weight by this time next year. Go go thyroid-challenged body!

Some changes. Starting the Leptin Reset protocol. 50g of protein in the morning sure is a lot. I think I'm going to be burping burgers for the next week.

Quit CrossFit. People were great, trainer was awesome, but it was just too expensive. I want to give Mark's routine a shot, see if it works.

All is well. Life is good. Carry on.

50g of protein: still a lot. Mixed it up with some cultured cottage cheese, an egg, ground beef, and sausage. Mustard on everything meaty.

Noticed last night I wasn't really hungry for dinner. I ate anyway, but it was a relatively small meal (the filling of two shrimp tacos, some salad, iced tea).

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I bought a New York Strip primal today and butchered it into 20 steaks. So now we have ten quick and easy meals in our future, at a significant savings. Hurray!

Making primal moussaka tonight. Only eating two meals today. Well, two meals and the trimmings of the primal as a "snack". Breakfast was a massive pile of bacon and eggs. So much bacon. So much egg.

Aaaand that's life at the moment. Three pounds down this week. Would be nice to keep this pace, but I know it's water weight, and the thyroid will once again slow everything down. But at least it's going down again.

Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast