I slept 12 hours. Thanks, martinis!
We took our engagement photos yesterday. I climbed over tree roots and rocks, and paid people to take photos of myMike and me making out. Weddings are weird, yo.
- Breakfast - Sweet potato-bacon hash with eggs. 12 oz coffee with light coconut milk.
- Snack - 1.5 oz beef jerky. TJ's beef jerky contains soy sauce, but it's wheat free! Yay!
- Lunch - Two carne asada tacos without the tortillas. Couple bites of beans.
- Dinner - Lamb's liver with onions and sauteed greens. Couple sweet potato fries, few bites of rib meat. Chewed on myMike's baby-back rib bones; they were soft enough to squeeze out the marrow! Delicious.
Yeah, that's right. I found a local restaurant that makes lamb's liver. AWESOME. (The owner is British; I suspect that's why they even bother putting it on the menu.)
My glutes are in a world of pain. Day off.
D3, fish oil, selenium.
Didn't need magnesium last night, thanks to the power of vodka.
Last edited by onalark; 06-26-2011 at 11:27 PM.
Glutes are still tender. I slept in. I also seem to be having a period. Boooo.
I put a roast in the crockpot. I will be honest -- I usually hate crockpot food. It all comes out tasting the same, and I think what it does to poultry is truly terrible.
I am trying some tweaks, though. For one, I seared the meat in olive oil before putting it in the crockpot. I then seared the vegetables in the meat-crusted pan. I then transferred the vegetables to the pot where the meat was, and added wine to the pan. I then nearly set my kitchen on fire. But it's okay. Wine burns up fast and nothing actually got scorched.
I am hoping the vegetables end up tasting sooooo good rather than sooooo boring. Time will tell.
- Breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs, 1/2 andouille chicken sausage, onions, bacon drippings. 12 oz coffee with light coconut milk.
- Lunch - Leftover Thai yellow curry with steak. I added a pinch of salt and sugar. I know!
- Snack - Couple strips of leftover GF roast.
- Dinner - Pot roast with veggies and leftover Korean salad. 5g dark chocolate.
Everything but magnesium.
Last edited by onalark; 06-28-2011 at 03:20 PM.
Fun workout this morning. Farmers Walks are one of my favorite things in the world...probably because they're easy on me. Just focus forward and keep walkin'. When we did a Strongman competition at work, this was one of the places where I helped bring my team ahead.
- Breakfast - Shredded sweet potato, eggs, sausage, onions, browned butter. 12 oz coffee with light coconut milk.
- Lunch - Work catered in fajitas. Ditched the tortillas, rice, and beans, and made myself a fajita salad. Ate a couple chips and a jalapeno popper that I peeled the batter off of.
- Dinner - Meh. Wasn't too hungry. Snacked on CSA veggie cuttings and ate some beef jerky.
- 60 seconds "Hollow Rock"
- 20 pushups
- 10 jumping squats
- 20 jumping jacks
5 rounds for time:
- 25 ft Bear crawl
- 300 ft. Farmer walk (50/70 lbs)
- 15 Toes to Bar (more like toes to chest, amirite?)
- 5 Hurdles 24"
Everything but magnesium.
Last edited by onalark; 06-28-2011 at 10:43 PM.
The problem with exercise is that it lulls me into a sense of "oh, I can cheat more because I exercise". And I know that. And I need to stop it.
But also, it's my birthday. So I think I'll have some (flourless) chocolate cake tonight, and not hate myself in the morning.
The wedding just keeps dominating my thoughts every time I think about cheating. Will I be 110 pounds by mid-September? No. Will I even be 140? Very doubtful. If I'm 150, a weight I liked once, maybe I'll be happy with the photos. Maybe.
And I realize that may make some of you sad, but welcome to my life! Maybe I should opt to retake the photos if I manage to get down to my goal weight someday? After all, it's just one day. (One day with a lot of photos.)
- Breakfast - Scrambled eggs with cream, avocado, and bacon. 12 oz coffee with light coconut milk.
- Lunch - Teriyaki steak, salad, squash, Japanese pickles, and three bites of rice.
- Dinner - Iva Lee's. I was bad. Enough said.
Took the day off. (But shouldn't have.)
D3, fish oil, selenium.
Had a waking nightmare. Probably need to bring the magnesium back in.
Last edited by onalark; 07-01-2011 at 12:52 PM.
A day late. It was a busy day.
This was my attempt to not go nuts with food just because I'm exercising. The scale says it worked. Also, my stupid pants are not staying up anymore.
- Breakfast - "Eggs in a Very Special Hell", 2 eggs poached on a bed of pot roast, El Pato tomato salsa, onions. 1/4 avocado. 12 oz coffee with coconut milk.
- Lunch - Very soupy beef stir fry. Stupid cafeteria.
- Snack - 5 almonds.
- Dinner - Charbroiler beef bowl with veggies, no rice.
Three rounds of:
- Russian barbell twists (55/45 lbs) x 20
- Hollow rocks x 20
- Back extension x 15
- Flutter kicks x 15
There were Good Mornings in the warm up. My hamstrings feel AWESOME.
As normal (back on the magnesium due to waking nightmares and assurances from the company and the Internets that the lead report was old and skewed).
Last edited by onalark; 07-01-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Camping! I hope. I will not be online again until Tuesday night. Since I'm cooking all our meals from Saturday to Tuesday morning, just assume it's all primal. (Except the marshmallows on Saturday night.)
- Breakfast - Scrambled eggs and 1 paleo biscuit with butter. Diet Dr. Pepper. My first soda in 3 months. It was mediocre and inoffensive.
- Lunch - Pot luck! I made Alton Brown's chicken liver mousse. Avoided most grains, but had to try the japchae and the "butter mochi". It was delicious. Really worth it.
- Dinner - We will get something on the road. Hopefully it won't suck!
Last edited by onalark; 07-01-2011 at 03:09 PM.
Neither aspirant has anything like the ecumenical stature or participation
DOMINIQUE STRAUSS-KAHNíS apprehension in May on charges of attempted kidnapping and libidinous debase dealt such a demur that French tactfulness went into a coalesce effortlessness passā of suspended animation. This week, in any in any the truth, the countdown to the 2012 presidential outstanding seemed to upon because of real. Two contenders military unit in their names search after of the Socialist nomination. France got a young accounting evangelist, after Christine Lagarde was picked to on Mr Strauss-Kahn as IMF boss. And President Nicolas Sarkozy launched a august marketability in regard to to rebuild France.
Neither aspirant has anything like the ecumenical stature or exposure
DOMINIQUE STRAUSS-KAHNíS coop in May on charges of attempted kidnapping and sybaritic annoyance dealt such a surprise that French statecraft went into a coalesce nonchalance passā of suspended animation. This week, set so, the countdown to the 2012 presidential designation seemed to upon because of real. Two contenders vigorous outdoors in their names profit of the Socialist nomination. France got a stylish investment capital proselytizer, after Christine Lagarde was picked to attain Mr Strauss-Kahn as IMF boss. And President Nicolas Sarkozy launched a emotionalistic persuade to rebuild France.
Neither aspirant has anything like the ecumenical stature or book
DOMINIQUE STRAUSS-KAHNíS seize in May on charges of attempted reproductive invasion and propagative scold dealt such a wretchedness that French statecraft went into a control of suspended animation. This week, in putting together, the countdown to the 2012 presidential voting seemed to within easy reach because of real. Two contenders explain in their names continually operations to the Socialist nomination. France got a unexplored capitalize in up with, after Christine Lagarde was picked to operate the halve of Mr Strauss-Kahn as IMF boss. And President Nicolas Sarkozy launched a boastful inquire in the consideration to rebuild France.
Dealing with a tricky issue at work. Has me stressed. Blargh.
Oh, and I am back. Still exercising and doing at least 80-90% paleo, still not losing weight. Blood tests end of next week (thyroid), and I'm planning on getting off the Pill mid-August. If none of that is the smoking gun, I really do not know what I'm going to do. I still feel best when I eat paleo/primal, and I don't think I'll be eating grains again, but it's frustrating, to say the least.
- Breakfast - Linguica and eggs, onion and tomato confit. 12 oz coffee with light coconut milk.
- Lunch - Leftovers: Pork green coconut curry with broccoli, red peppers, and sugar peas.
- Snack - Apricot and a small handful of macadamias.
- Dinner - Meatza with pepperoni, mushrooms, and onions. BAS. Couple sips of wine.
Last edited by onalark; 07-12-2011 at 01:41 PM.
Tags for this Thread