Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - onalark page 7

onalark is offline Senior Member

6/18

Shop Now
    And here we are, week one of Cytomel, and I am down two pounds.

Could be the Cytomel. Could be the Crossfit. Could be the paleoesque diet. Could be all three! Don't care! It's working!

Food
    • Breakfast - Sourdough buckwheat pancakes with cinnamon peaches (chopped fresh peach tossed with cinnamon and a pinch of sugar), maple syrup, and butter. 3 strips bacon. 12 oz coffee with cream. This was awesome.
    • Lunch - 1 apricot, half a plum, few spoonfuls of homemade Nutella.
    • Dinner - 1 bacon-wrapped scallop, some beef jerky, veal piccata (sans pasta), 1 meatball, salad with vinaigrette, stracciatella, half a creme brulee, some bites of ice cream, and about 2 4 oz pours of pinot noir. Yes, this was a "cheat day" meal.

Exercise
    Day off. Got a massage instead.

Supplements
    D3, Fish oil, Selenium.
    Skipped magnesium last night as I was up later than usual and didn't feel I needed it.
    Last edited by onalark; 06-19-2011 at 11:32 AM.

6/19

Food last night was excellent, but I'll admit it was rough sitting by while everyone ate bread and pasta around me.

Had a mild case of the runs immediately after dinner. Either the fruit earlier in the day didn't agree with me, or the small amount of flour that I'm certain crept into my dinner didn't. I probably need to exercise this theory more, as I don't exactly want to be running to the bathroom every five minutes during my wedding reception because I ate the cake.

Food
    • Breakfast - 3 strips bacon, 2 eggs (fried in bacon fat), 1/4 avocado. Actually made myself 3 eggs, but couldn't finish it.
    • Lunch - Thai chicken curry - 1 can coconut milk, 1 pound sliced chicken breast, 1 Tbs green thai curry paste, veggies, and a hot wok. Shared it with the guy. Delish.
    • Dinner - Cross rib roast with parsnips, carrots, and onions. Sauteed kale and cabbage with apples, bacon, and onion. 5 oz wine. 10g dark chocolate with homemade Nutella. That stuff is dangerous.

Exercise
    Day off.

Supplements
    Fish oil, D3, selenium.
    Once again went to bed late enough that I was too tired for magnesium.
    Last edited by onalark; 06-19-2011 at 09:58 PM.

6/20

Not much to report today. Slight cramp in my back on the left side. Other than that, all is well.

Food
    • Breakfast - Eggs scrambled with sausage gravy, onions, and mushrooms. Bacon drippings for the pan. 12 oz coffee with light coconut milk.
    • Lunch - Leftover turkey sausage spaghetti sauce over leftover sauteed kale and cabbage.
    • Snack - 5 marcona almonds, some bites of chicken curry leftovers, 1 plum.
    • Dinner - Pork chops with peachsauce (like apple sauce, but with peaches), pan-roasted fennel, and a salad. The other half claims I have never made him roasted fennel. I say he's a filthy liar!

Exercise
    Crossfit starts in earnest tomorrow, so one more day off.

Supplements
    Same-same (back to the magnesium at night).
    Last edited by onalark; 06-20-2011 at 09:25 PM.

6/21

Sweet potatoes are so good, they may be responsible for me exercising EVERY DAY just so I can feel like I've earned them. (About three months ago, I would have laughed if you'd suggested I'd be saying this.)

I'm 3 months away from getting married. Holy shit. I need to go find some hookers and cocaine, stat!

Food
    • Breakfast - 1 sweet potato with butter and salt, sausage and onion on top, and one scrambled egg. 12 oz coffee with light coconut milk.
    • Lunch - Grilled fish (looked white; possibly tilapia or cod) with lime sauce, small salad, beef satay with sweet'n'sour. All the sauces were very sweet, so I tried to minimize. I also ate two mouthfuls of white rice just because.
    • Snack - 5 marcona almonds.
    • Dinner - Jalapeno-mango sausage, mashed turnips, salad. 10g dark chocolate, 5 oz wine, 1 tsp homemade Nutella.

Exercise
    • 400m row
    • 4 x 10 reps pull-ups (I could not clear the bar)
    • 4 x 10 reps ball slams @ 15 lbs
    • 4 x 10 reps deadlifts @ ?? lbs
    • 4 x 10 reps box jumps @ 2 feet (I think)

I didn't check the barbell weight. It seemed to be at least 20 lbs, but my memory might be exaggerating.

Supplements
    Same-same.
    Last edited by onalark; 06-22-2011 at 08:14 AM.

6/22

Meant to write this morning but...whoops, nope.

Food
    • Breakfast - 2 eggs, scrambled with cream and bacon drippings, linguica sausage, and 1/4 avocado. 12 oz coffee with light coconut milk.
    • Lunch - Sliced ham hock, seaweed salad, and steamed spinach and mung beans. Korean market FTW.
    • Dinner - Steak, onions with bacon, salad...with bacon. 10g dark chocolate. 5 oz wine.

Exercise
    Day off.

Supplements
    D3, fish oil, and selenium as usual.
    Forgot the Magnesium last night...whoops! Slept fine.
    Last edited by onalark; 06-23-2011 at 02:09 PM.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Lunch - Unknown
    lol

Lunch: the great unknown.

My first real day of CrossFit. I suck!

Food
    • Breakfast - Sweet potato with 1 egg, linguica sausage, onions, butter, and some bacon drippings to cook in. 12 oz coffee with light coconut milk.
    • Morning snack - Couple slices of cold leftover roast. (I am exceedingly hungry post-workout.)
    • Lunch - Sliced teriyaki steak, taro chips, steamed broccoli.
    • Dinner - Grilled salmon, salad, and twice-cooked roasted vegetables. 10g chocolate, small spoon of gnutella.

Exercise
    • Warm up (squats, shoulder press, back squat).
    • 3 x 3 x snatch squat @ 17 lb
    • 3 x 9 x back extension
    • 3 x 15 x wall balls @ 14 lbs

My time was 5:40. Like I said, I suck!

Supplements
    Kind of nervous about the magnesium now.
    Last edited by onalark; 06-24-2011 at 12:03 PM.

Got my eyebrows and upper lip threaded. My skin still breaks out (hurray for delicate skin ), but it's not as "raw" as after a waxing session. Nothing but thread and about 10 minutes of prickly pain! I can do that.

Food
    • Breakfast - Eggs and linguica, 1/4 avocado. I picked out my sausage and left a lot of the eggs -- insulin sensitivity, yay! 12 oz coffee with light coconut milk.
    • Lunch - Ceviche with shrimp and scallops, guacamole. I also ate three corn chips. Oh noes!
    • Snack - It's my birth month, so the company birthday cake had my name on it, so I had two bites and a bit glop of frosting. It was terrible.
    • Dinner - Coconut beef curry with Thai yellow curry paste. Lotsa veggies. 10g dark chocolate. 2 oz wine.

Exercise
    I decided not to go crazy with CrossFit out of the gate, and slept in this morning. Will definitely hit the box Saturday.

Supplements
    Skipped magnesium. Slept fine.
    Last edited by onalark; 06-25-2011 at 01:13 PM.

6/25

We are doing a cupcake tasting (again) for our wedding. I am going to try and curtail the damage. This is one of the perils of getting hitched.

Food
    • Breakfast/Brunch - Sourdough buckwheat pancakes with blueberries, nutella, butter, and a very small amount of maple syrup. 1 1/2 strips bacon, linguica sausage. 10 oz coffee with milk.
    • Snack - So many cupcakes. They made me pretty ill. Milk helped.
    • Dinner - Okay, I ate a piece of sourdough bread. Then I turned into a giant bread roll and the Oomp-Loompas showed up and dragged me off. (Not really.) In addition to the bread, I also had one scallop, some cheese, some hummus, some olives, some excellent seafood and avocado tower thing, more seafood in a tomato-cream sauce, some sort of fried risotto thing that was on the bottom of the tomato-cream sauce dish, and some berries and chocolate sauce. Oh, and two kinda-dirty martinis. Which is what led to the bread. Martinis are a gateway drug, kids.

Exercise
    Tough Saturday. Here's the breakdown.

WARMUP (x3)
    • 5 x jumping lunges
    • 5 x long jumps
    • 10 x push-ups
    • 10 x shoulder press @ 45 lbs

WOD (x4)
    • 100ft overhead walking lunge @ 27 lbs
    • 15 box jumps
    • 20 wall balls @ 14 lbs
    • 10 hand-stand push ups

My time was 29:15. Not super great, and I had lighter weights than others, but...I didn't finish last. That's worth something, right?

Supplements
    Fish oil, D3, selenium.
    Still freaked out about the NC.
    Last edited by onalark; 06-26-2011 at 12:51 PM.

Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast