The gym I wanted to sign up for kind of jerked me around. I gave them some slack -- the people who run gyms are not usually the ones who want to answer emails -- but after so many incidents that indicated that they really didn't care to have me as a client, I decided to take my business elsewhere.
I get the sense they're nice people who are at a comfortable membership level, and thus have no reason to encourage new blood. I really liked their setup, I liked the people, but I'm tired of waiting. C'est la vie.
Onward and upward. I will be trying out another gym tomorrow. Wish me luck!
- Breakfast - Eggs, sausage, zucchini, onions, hot sauce, bacon drippings, 1/4 avocado. 12 oz coffee with coconut cream.
- Lunch - Salad and a burger patty. Iced tea. Some sort of energy concoction they were giving away outside the expo that I got halfway through and threw out.
- Snack - Apple.
- Dinner - 3/4 lb ribeye, salad with many goodies, broccoli with bacon. 5 oz wine.
Walked around E3 Expo for three hours, plus took public transit, which resulted in even more walking. I'm exhausted.
D3, fish oil, and selenium as usual.
Magnesium in the evenings.
Last edited by onalark; 06-09-2011 at 09:29 AM.
New gym has made me happy and values my time. HURRAY.
So Tuesday-Thursday-Tuesday I'll do some private training, then I enter the regular classes. I am seriously whipped after this morning's class, but I love it. HURRAY.
- Breakfast - 5 egg "cupcakes" with GF beef sausage (!!!), onions, zucchini, and spinach. 12 oz coffee with light coconut milk.
- Lunch - Surprise Korean BBQ holy awesomesauce!
- Dinner - Mahi steak with Russian dressing + sweet relish, big ass salad with avocado, tomato, cucumber, and blood orange + balsamic dressing.
It is A-MAZ-ING how just doing body weight exercises can totally destroy me. AMAZING.
- 400m row
- 3 x 10 pullups (assisted)
- 3 x 20 pushups (1/3rd plank, 2/3rd modified)
- 3 x 30 situps (soles touching)
- 3 x 40 squats
My time was around 22 minutes. I know. I suck. But my form is pretty good, according to the trainer!
Fish oil, D3, Selenium.
Mangesium in the evening.
Last edited by onalark; 06-09-2011 at 09:35 PM.
Oh, I hurt. It's marvelous.
Lots of stress at work today. Looking forward to a drink and a weekend.
Also, I got my doc to prescribe Cytomel. Will pick up RX tonight and start in the morning!
- Breakfast - Ham and grapefruit. Yep, that's it.
- Lunch - Carnitas plate, salad, guacamole, nopalitas, and red onions.
- Dinner - Beachfire Grill! We shared a grilled artichoke stuffed with mushrooms and topped with melted parmesan, and I had the chicken lettuce wraps. Split a bottle of pinot noir. 10g dark chocolate for dessert.
I am in a world of hurt. (But I did walk 10 minutes.)
Magnesium, D3, Fish oil, and Selenium as usual.
Last edited by onalark; 06-11-2011 at 12:55 PM.
Started Cytomel this morning. Thus begins the 6 week experiment....
June is berry month. I love berries. myMike loves berries. We indulged in berries with breakfast.
Last night was something of a stress-buster dinner. And I didn't gain any weight from it. This is one of the things I love about this way of eating. If I had indulged in a plate of fettucine alfredo, I would be guaranteed to have packed on three pounds. Woot woot!
- Breakfast - Biscuits and gravy, raspberries, blueberries, 10 oz coffee with cream. 10 oz chai spice tea. 1 small organic banana.
- Lunch - Some chicken, some strawberries, some chocolate with almond butter. Another banana.
- Dinner - NY strip, sweet potato, salad with blueberries and mozzarella (gasp!), and a vanilla gelato sundae with Chambord, raspberries, and shaved chocolate.
Still in pain. Day off.
Selenium, D3, and fish oil.
Did not take magnesium last night, due to wine pretty much knocking me unconscious. :>
Last edited by onalark; 06-12-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Excellently lazy Sunday. Slept in, went to the car show on main street, and soaked up some sun. Going to finalize some wedding-related things, and enjoy short ribs for dinner.
Yes...I've been a bit fruit-heavy the last couple days. Bananas are super tempting to me (better than donuts, IMO), which is why I so rarely buy them. I really need to freeze them. I still don't think I'd be able to eat 30 of them a day. :P
Cytomel day two. Mom wants to know how it works out. Weight is down, but it's only a day.
- Breakfast - Ate a banana before I went shopping. I know!!!
- Brunch - Scrambled eggs with pork belly and more fruit. Had a bite of myMike's lobster scramble. Water and coffee with cream.
- Dinner - 2 beef short ribs and a BAS. 5 oz of red wine. Ate two banana-nut muffins with butter for dessert.
Walked around in the sunshine with the guy. Up and down the thoroughfare. Oh, it was lovely.
Fish oil, D3, and selenium as usual.
40 minutes of sunbathing (20 minutes per side).
Magnesium in the evening.
Last edited by onalark; 06-12-2011 at 08:42 PM.
Woke up before my alarm. Hm!
- Breakfast - 2 sausage patties (about 2 oz), 2 primal banana muffins. 12 oz coffee with light coconut milk.
- Lunch - 4 oz hamburger patty and a really bad shrimp and bacon salad at work. Yes, they managed to make shrimp and bacon taste bad.
- Snack - 5 marcona almonds. It could not erase the memory of the terrible shrimp and bacon salad.
- Dinner - I made up for lunch with dinner. 1/2 lb GF ground beef smothered in onions cooked with chopped bacon and ghee, grilled cauliflower, and a cucumber-tomato salad. NorCal margarita (half strength) for wind-down.
Last day of recovery. Back to CrossFit tomorrow.
D3, fish oil, Selenium as usual.
Magnesium in the evenings.
Last edited by onalark; 06-14-2011 at 09:35 AM.
Back to Crossfit. Morning classes really aren't so bad. It gets it out of the way, and so long as I go to bed at a decent hour, I seem to be adapting to getting up at 6:30 AM. Just don't ask me to get up at 5 AM. The body had made it clear that that Will Not Do.
And my kettlebell and push press form are apparently pretty darn good. I impress myself!
But I really don't want to eat after these exercises. I forced myself to eat a muffin (the sweetness helped) and about 2 oz of pork sausage with veggies. Not particularly thrilled with the idea of eating before, for obvious reasons. I did hydrate myself and do some neck stretches, and the headaches seemed to be a little more bearable.
- Breakfast - 2 oz sausage with onions, peppers, avocado, and mushrooms. 1 paleo banana nut muffin.
- Lunch - Cafeteria made up for yesterday with a steak salad on frisee with roasted veggies. I told them to hold the couscous and the dressing; added my own dressing of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Yay!
- Dinner - Leftover short ribs, cauliflower, and the last of the paleo biscuits. 10g dark chocolate. A few carrots that escaped the CSA basket and wound up in my mouth.
Not as bad as the first time, but this still pushed me hard. I am so out of shape.
- 200m jog
- 4 x 10 medicine ball cleans @ 8 lbs
- 4 x 10 kettlebell swings @ 25 lbs
- 4 x 10 squats @ 35 lbs
- 4 x 10 push-presses @ 35 lbs
Last edited by onalark; 06-14-2011 at 10:07 PM.
Slight headache; not sure why. Had a leg cramp in the night, so I may be low on sodium? Maybe? Potassium? Dunno. Will try eating a banana or something.
Weight is down! Cytomel or CrossFit or solar rays, who knows. Just know the lighter feeling that signals I'm losing again. (Of course, talking about it will jinx it, but I'm trying to be optimistic.)
- Breakfast - 3-egg omelet with ham, onions, mushrooms, herbs, and butter. Could not finish. 12 oz coffee with light coconut milk.
- Lunch - BBQ Pork lettuce wraps at the local Vietnamese place. Sooo good.
- Snack - 5 marcona almonds.
- Dinner - Tomato sauce with Diestil turkey sausage over roasted green beans and a salad with tomato, avocado, and egg. 10g 72% Valrhona chocolate. 5 oz wine.
Last edited by onalark; 06-15-2011 at 10:42 PM.
The trainer was merciful this morning, which was good; my thighs were still sore from Tuesday.
Really like this box, and happy with my choice. Five times a week I'm not sure about, but I am trying to get into a wedding dress, so maybe for the short term....
I need to pick up some sweet potatoes and roast them for a quick carb recovery on workout days. The banana nut muffins are tasty, but I think I need a better quality carbohydrate after these things.
- Breakfast - Sausage, onions, mushrooms, avocado. 2 paleo banana muffins (1 buttered). 12 oz coffee with light coconut milk.
- Lunch - Sharky's "Power Plate" - Steak, broccoli, and smooshed yams.
- Snack - 5 marcona almonds. 1 peach.
- Dinner - Salmon burgers from the PB cookbook, salad with dill-onion-basil dressing, broiled carrots and squash. 10g dark chocolate. 3 oz white wine.
- Warmup - 100 jumpropes (I am really bad at jumping rope)
- 3 x 10 reps squat thrusters @ 25 lbs
- 3 x 20 reps sumo deadlifts @ 25 lbs
- 3 x 10 reps back squats @ 17 lbs
- 3 x 20 wall balls @ 12 lbs
Last edited by onalark; 06-17-2011 at 09:16 AM.
Weight is down. Awesome! I suspect a combination of the CrossFit and Cytomel might be the cause. We'll see if it sustains next week.
- Breakfast - Leftover salmon burger + 3 eggs, carrots, squash. Butter to cook in. 12 oz coffee and light coconut milk.
- Lunch - Bait and switch. Wound up at a fried chicken place. I ordered grilled chicken salad. It wasn't filling, so I ate some topokki (Korean rice noodles in sauce). Not strictly primal, but not the worst thing in the world.
- Dinner - Cabbage-steak stir-fry with side salad. Fried yucca (soooo good) with green sauce, and red onions marinated in lime juice. Peruvian food is awesome.
Day off. (Thighs are particularly sore.)
Last edited by onalark; 06-18-2011 at 11:44 AM.
Tags for this Thread