Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - onalark page 39

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Having dinner with the 'rents tonight, and walking a 5K with friends tomorrow. Been experiencing some minor queasiness between 10:30 and Noon, which are probably blood sugar issues. Nothing like the epic gagging in first trimester. Just sort of a reminder that I am, in fact, still pregnant and it's not all in my head.

Also: dill pickled carrots. I need to make more of these.

Brought lunch, and also brought butter and sour cream because I KNOW my mom is going to have neither. Well, she'll have "butter" and it'll be "light" and have "hearty healthy" canola oil in it. And if she has sour cream (she often doesn't) it'll be light.

Actual conversation we have now had twice:

Mom: "And just for you, I'm going to make orzo with dinner!"
    Me: "Mom, that's pasta."
    Mom: "Oh, is that bad?"
    Me: "It's wheat."
    Mom: "Are you sure? I thought orzo was rice."
    Me: "..."

My mom should be a label reader. As many diets as she's been on...you'd think she would be. But the only thing she really looks for are claims of LIGHT and FAT FREE and calories per serving or, alternately, how many Weight Watchers points.

Sigh.

Breakfast
    Sweet potato bar
    1 Tbs sunbutter
    12 oz half-caff

Snack
    Pickled carrots
    1 cheese stick
    Ginger tea

Lunch
    Leftover sausage chili
    Sour cream
    1 cheese stick
    Water water water
    Last edited by onalark; 11-02-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Hello, MDA. I think I'm leaving you.

Not because I think I should stop being accountable for what I eat (it's probably the best way to keep me from going crazy with food), but mainly because at one point, I was a writer, and then I stopped being a writer, and I think part of that is I spent too much time on forums like this one.

I may still keep on coming here to drop brain bombs on what's going on with my pregnancy and health, but the fact is that it'll mostly be shouting into the void -- when your only contribution to a forum is recipes and to talk about me!me!me! your thread tends to die and I am not saying this because I "want moar hitz" or a sympathy vote. This is me saying...I think I've moved on.

I like many of you, and many of you are smart and sensible people doing the work to get yo'self healthy. I'll miss you.

But I'll probably stop reading new posts and posting anything of length. I need those words.

Anyway, it's all good. If you want to see my personal NaNoWriMo wankery, it's here:
    National Novel Writing Month

Yesterday was a cheat day. I won't taunt you with the delicious pie I ate (it was delicious). I also walked a 5k. That doesn't excuse the pie, but still: delicious.

Today is a semi-cheat day. I had a slice of cold pizza and I'm curently drinking kumquat tea. At some point, Mr. Onalark will rise from his coffin and we'll have buckwheat pancakes. Later, I'll probably snack on cheese and fruit, and at some point I'll start making a four-meat marinara because of reasons.

As always, take care, be healthy, be safe, and don't listen to anyone who thinks they have THE ONE TRUE ANSWER. It's a lie. They may not realize it yet (zealots rarely do), and they never may realize it, but it doesn't mean you need to be sucked down into their madness. Or, as a friend of mine once put it: "Don't stick your hands in the crazy." Or as another friend put it: "Don't feed the energy creature."

Laterz.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Are you going to use your blog (followed through links on your NaNoWriMo page and twitter)? Take care!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I don't know. I think I still intend to use this thread to post my daily accountability, but I just don't want to spend hours here, educating newbies and rolling my eyes at the latest asshattery. (Which I have never found in your thread, by the way!)

It's very easy for me to get sucked into a black hole of complacency and spinning my wheels. If I want to keep my knives sharp and not wind up ten years down the road, wishing I'd kept writing, I need to address it now. Especially with impending spawn. It's just too, too easy to get old and give up.

Take care!

Oh, and I puked today. For no reason. It was preceded by a headache that was getting worse and worse, and then I puked.

Then I felt better and the headache went away. Completely. I've gone through my day utterly headache free.

Dear gawd pregnancy is strange.

Yesterday was lovely, despite the puking: I wrote, I knitted, I cooked, I read, I took a long bath, and I got sleep. If every other day could be like that, I think I'd be a very happy person.

I made a nice Sunday gravy (not great, but nice), and started a batch of kimchi. It is terrorizing my Facebook feed as I type this. Half of my friends are like WHAT THE HELL IS THAT and the other half are OMG KIMCHI. Heh.

Brought lots of leftovers to work. Planning on making some oven-baked chicken thighs for dinner, along with roasted parsnips and a salad. I'm drooling a little at the thought of this.

Breakfast
    Steak
    12 oz half-caff

Snack
    4 Starbursts and 2 gummy candies

Lunch
    Sausage chili
    Sour Cream
    1 cheese stick
    Water

Snack
    1 cheese stick

Dinner
    Chicken thigh
    Roasted parsnips
    Roasted asparagus
    Ever more water

Exercise
    30 minute walk post-dinner
    Last edited by onalark; 11-06-2012 at 12:18 PM.

SHENDAA is offline Junior Member
    You should write a blog

Would Read.

Quote Originally Posted by SHENDAA View Post
    You should write a blog

Would Read.
    Thanks!

I am not grumpy because it's election day. I'm grumpy because, I expect, my hormones just took a dive. And today is the first day of benefits enrollment, and I have to send in the EOI form (AGAIN) and I can't find it and I am ANNOYED. Oh, and one arm of the family is being decidedly douchey. We'll deal with it, but ugh. Seriously. Knock it off, you goddamn sociopaths.

Started Thai chicken soup for dinner before I left. Got ravenous around 11 and had to eat something; peanuts aren't ideal, but it's better than another handful of Starburst candies.

Aaaaand that's pretty much it. 17 weeks tomorrow, with accompanying appointment. Can't wait to hear that heartbeat.

Breakfast
    Sweet potato bar
    1 Tbs sunbutter
    12 ounce half-caff

Snack
    Salted peanuts

Lunch
    Sunday gravy
    Roasted spaghetti squash

Hey there. I'm back. We heard a heartbeat yesterday, and then my brain kind of went on the fritz because stress. Did you know worrying about your unborn child and the election are both extremely stressful? Well, they are. Anyway. Things. I am better now. And so on to what I ate.

Breakfast
    1/3 cup cultured cottage cheese
    2 strips thin bacon
    1 scrambled egg
    12 oz coffee

Lunch
    1/4 banana
    1 raspberry-basil-plum pop
    1 chicken breast
    Red pepper coulis
    Mashed broccoli-potatoes
    Steamed veggies