Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - onalark page 29

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    Ermagherrrrd. I blitzed up half a can of frozen coconut milk and a pint of frozen strawberries and it was sooo good. I put the leftovers back in the freezer, though I kind of suspect it may get too hard to scoop. I should have done this sooner when the ice cream cravings started. -_-
    I did this once last year, took a smoothie and froze it at work. If you don't wait too long, it's totally scoop-able. You could probably let it thaw a little, then blend it again to make it creamy.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

PoisonApple is offline Senior Member
    I love Arrested Development! You know the producers are making more episodes, right? To be released all at once on Netflix. I think early next year. IASIP is a very funny show also.

To be honest, after the first trimester, there were several occasions that I forgot I was pregnant. It sounds weird, but you mostly go back to feeling like you did before. Now that my boy is kicking me all day every day, it's hard to forget. I didn't feel him move until 20 weeks, and then it became an every day thing at 22 weeks.
    Proud Bangmaid since August 2009

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I did this once last year, took a smoothie and froze it at work. If you don't wait too long, it's totally scoop-able. You could probably let it thaw a little, then blend it again to make it creamy.
    Yeah, I'm pondering nuking it to soften it up later tonight and then, I dunno, maybe re-blending it. My husband gave me sadeyes when I ate it without giving him any. Then I offered him some and he was all, "NO THAT IS YOUR SPECIAL ICE CREAM." And I was like, "Buh?" And he was like, "HUFF." And then he went off and ate a lime bar. Hah. He's so cute.

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonApple View Post
    I love Arrested Development! You know the producers are making more episodes, right? To be released all at once on Netflix. I think early next year. IASIP is a very funny show also.

To be honest, after the first trimester, there were several occasions that I forgot I was pregnant. It sounds weird, but you mostly go back to feeling like you did before. Now that my boy is kicking me all day every day, it's hard to forget. I didn't feel him move until 20 weeks, and then it became an every day thing at 22 weeks.
    So I hear. I actually had dinner with one of the directors of the show a month ago (funny story: he was my husband's roommate in college and they were getting back together after 15 years of being out of touch) and I went all fangirl on him over that show. He also directed some episodes of Community, another show that I squee over.

I am crossing my fingers for baby kicks. So hard. (The fingers, not the kicks.)

I had every intent of eating bacon and eggs for breakfast but...buh. I got into the kitchen and my stomach went, "Ha ha. No plan survives first contact with the enemy, and the enemy is ME." And so that's how I ended up eating a banana and some cottage cheese for breakfast. Not ideal, but at least it was something.

(Mom's advice: eat saltines! Me: no empty calories! Mom: Blarggleblargh difficult child! Me: Ha ha! No one to blame except yourself for raising me this way!)

Currently drawing inspiration from here:

The Primal Parent | Primal Pregnancy. Primal Parenting. Primal Diet.

I could never do her diet (raw meat, no veggies, no fruit) and she's probably a bit more militaristic than me when it comes to her eating habits (probably due to the fact that she has some serious health issues if she eats any grains) but still -- inspiration.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I haven't read that site before, very interesting. Banana and cottage cheese sounds like a totally reasonable breakfast to me. You got some protein in there, and (for me) that's most important.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I haven't read that site before, very interesting. Banana and cottage cheese sounds like a totally reasonable breakfast to me. You got some protein in there, and (for me) that's most important.
    She's an interesting lady. VLC and obviously super healthy. She says she's had a ton of health issues that strict paleo cleared up. I suspect if I were as bad off as she was, I'd be stricter about my eating habits, too.

I drank a ginger brew this morning. Because at 11:30 AM, I was still feeling like puking. Luckily, the downstairs cafe carries Reed's ginger brew, which is awesome and I wanted to cry and hug the bottle when I saw it. I now no longer feel like puking. Thanks, Reed's ginger brew!

Also, if you can carry some little packets of alcohol swabs, smelling on always made me less nauseous. and I would sometimes have those old hard peppermint candies, and ginger ale..

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonApple View Post
    Also, if you can carry some little packets of alcohol swabs, smelling on always made me less nauseous. and I would sometimes have those old hard peppermint candies, and ginger ale..
    The smell of beer and wine has been a turnoff lately, so I'm not certain how much the swabs will help. Then again, cut lemons might be nice....

Thanks!

well it's like pure alcohol, so it's not like smelling beer. I also couldn't stand the smell of beer or liquor. At work in the hospital, our patients recovering from surgery are often nauseous, and alcohol swabs can sometimes take it away.. not sure why, but it worked for me.

I love wine! It's been hard to live without.. well, I did have 2 glasses in the past few months, with a huge meal.

I love wine, too. Occasionally I can deal with a spritzer. But Mr. Onalark has had to be careful with drinking beer around me. If I smell it on his breath, I start to gag.

I got up this morning and immediately ate a banana. This appears to have helped with the nausea. So far it's quarter to 11 and no gagging. Woot.

Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast