Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - onalark page 28

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Though I'm nauseous in the mornings, it's pretty mild. Still feeling asymptomatic. Worrying about it doesn't help. There are no magical miscarriage dances the doctors can do (as someone on these forums once said). Just need to wait until 3 weeks from now, when I go in for my first ultrasound. And be happy we can do THAT. My mom had to actually wait until the end of the first trimester before she had any inkling as to whether things were proceeding as planned!

And logically, I know all that, but the impatient part of me wants to know now now now. Ugh. I'd really be enjoying this lack of puking, heartburn, and heart palpitations if I just knew everything was all right down at Chez Uterus. I don't mind putting up with all that if it means a healthy kiddo.

Eating good. Had some kahlua pork for dinner tonight. My god. It's the best. Resisted ice cream (hooray!) and thinking about going to bed early as I'm meeting a friend for breakfast. Sleep sounds good.

Was sore most of the week, but by Friday was able to do another strength routine. Hooray! And no soreness today. I may need to switch to incline push-ups.

We know we're going to a nice, highly caloric dinner tonight (lamb sweetbreads! pig ears! pork belly!), so I'm making us buttery omelets for breakfast and nothin' else. This is what we call A Plan.

Not much else to say otherwise. Quiet weekend dedicated to packing. So, so many boxes.

Got up early for a product launch. Ate a pineapple spear and a stick of cheese and now I'm hungry and the cafe doesn't open for 2 hours and WHAT AM I GOING TO DOOOOO.

Eh. I'll be fine. It's just that the cafe is cooking bacon and it smells really, reeeeeally good.

Product launches are awesome, and food is provided, but it's usually donuts. I'm not eating donuts. If I eat a donut, I will get heartburn and a sugar crash. I know better. No donut. EVEN IF IT WOULD BE DELICIOUS RIGHT ABOUT NOW.

Mr. Onalark noted that there was a lot of wheat and sugar in his diet this weekend, and now he's broken out. Corrolation/causation/blahblahblah, but we're going to make a better effort to keep our 20% to actually 20%. Weekends always feel like license to eat nachos.

I'll be at 7 weeks tomorrow. Still gagging in the mornings. No puking yet; I'm starting to wonder now if, during the last pregnancy, the puking was due to food poisoning (I had eaten out that afternoon, and I am suspicious). I also had watched an episode of Mad Men, and let's face it, that show will make anyone puke (baddumpching!). The gagging ends by noon, and then I stop feeling pregnant. I keep saying that, I know, but it keeps being true.

Potatoes and fruit are my temptresses right now. Hashbrowns, sweets, baby potatoes. Watermelon, cantaloupe, pineapple, grapes. They taste soooo good...so I'm eating them. I'm also simultaneously cutting back on other things like giant pats of butter and cream in my coffee. Oh hey, logical! Don't tell the anti-CICO police!

Made a failed curry last night. Not failed as in "OMG let's go eat tacos" but failed as in "this is kind of boring for a curry I just spent 30 minutes chopping aromatics and toasting spices for". I made an equally boring raita with it, and Mr. Onalark looked at what was left over and gave me puppydog eyes and said, "You know, this would go really good on...gyros." No, Mr. Onalark, you are not actually going to get a gyro, not after complaining about acne. What I CAN do is make you a seasoned lamb steak on the grill, because I love you, and let's face it, I fucking love lamb. I'll serve it on a salad full of greens and fresh mint and spring onions and such. I think that'll be a nice compromise.

And tomorrow night, I think I'll make these:
    Practical Paleo - Smoky Burgers with Pineapple Teriyaki Sauce | Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations
    Last edited by onalark; 08-28-2012 at 07:26 AM.

Also, if I ever wanted really good motivation to not eat the damn donut, here it is:
    NY Times | An Immune Disorder at the Root of Autism

PoisonApple is offline Senior Member
    I barely had any morning sickness in the first trimester, but holy crap was I nauseous constantly! It was like walking a boat in the ocean all day every day. I'm very excited for you! I'm just now hitting the 5 month mark and I'm due in Dec. I worried so much in the beginning, worried about development, worried about losing the baby. I can only say to trust yourself, and believe in your body. and the peeing and craving will probably get worse, I know we're all different, but they got worse for me!
    Proud Bangmaid since August 2009

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonApple View Post
    I barely had any morning sickness in the first trimester, but holy crap was I nauseous constantly! It was like walking a boat in the ocean all day every day. I'm very excited for you! I'm just now hitting the 5 month mark and I'm due in Dec. I worried so much in the beginning, worried about development, worried about losing the baby. I can only say to trust yourself, and believe in your body. and the peeing and craving will probably get worse, I know we're all different, but they got worse for me!
    This is pregnancy #2 for the year, and so far it's been way easier than pregnancy #1. Constant nausea, but no puking. And thank gawd, no heart palpitations. Seriously. Those were awful first time around.

The funny thing about pregnancy #1 was that week 6 was when it "stopped developing", and week 6 was when I had my one and only pukefest. So I wonder sometimes if my body wasn't just sending signals of its own to say this wasn't an embryo, it was an embry-no. ::rimshot::

All terrible jokes aside, I am also hoping that this is a sign my body is in sync with attempt #2. A bit of frank honesty, though: I am doing what I can to eat healthy and exercise, but until we have an established heartbeat and indication that this one will go full term (or close enough to count), I can't bring myself to get too attached. I suspect getting pregnant SO QUICKLY after miscarriage is partially responsible, and I know, I know -- it is totally callus and contrary to the media images of women smiling beatifically down at their womb. For my own mental wellbeing, I am okay with that.

Good luck to you! And what the heck is a Bangmaid? Do I want to know?

PoisonApple is offline Senior Member
    haha a bangmaid is a great woman who cleans the house, who can be banged... I stole it from the tv show "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"...

I'm 23 weeks and 1 day.. and I believe the earliest "viable" date is 24 weeks, when the baby has a chance to survive outside the womb. I've been stressing about it too because of my previous miscarriage. This is my first baby too. Try to take it easy.. also, most of my workouts went out the window. I was doing this great prenatal yoga on Netflix, but they took it down from instant play. and now I'm trying to walk 2-3 hours a week. that's about my max capacity so far, because the humidity here in Florida is horrible and it's terribly hot outside most of the time. Try not to worry about what the media shows us.. you know, about how we "should be" feeling and looking. I found that it really is up to us how we feel, and to work through everything, especially the feel and anxiety and challenges of being a new mother.
    Proud Bangmaid since August 2009

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonApple View Post
    haha a bangmaid is a great woman who cleans the house, who can be banged... I stole it from the tv show "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"...

I'm 23 weeks and 1 day.. and I believe the earliest "viable" date is 24 weeks, when the baby has a chance to survive outside the womb. I've been stressing about it too because of my previous miscarriage. This is my first baby too. Try to take it easy.. also, most of my workouts went out the window. I was doing this great prenatal yoga on Netflix, but they took it down from instant play. and now I'm trying to walk 2-3 hours a week. that's about my max capacity so far, because the humidity here in Florida is horrible and it's terribly hot outside most of the time. Try not to worry about what the media shows us.. you know, about how we "should be" feeling and looking. I found that it really is up to us how we feel, and to work through everything, especially the feel and anxiety and challenges of being a new mother.
    I don't want to stress, but I do. Being conscious of it is the first step to reminding myself that there's nothing anyone can do at this stage if the pregnancy isn't viable, and that the stress probably isn't helping, so then I stop stressing, but then it'll creep back up. Stupid brain.

Honestly, most days after the nausea quits, I stop even remembering I'm pregnant. It's only when I go to eat or go to the bathroom that I remember.

I keep meaning to watch IASIP. I saw the episode where they tried to buy gas and sell it back, and it was pretty funny. Yesterday I watched five episodes of Arrested Development while I packed up the living room. I can't wait till we get to the nevernude episode. Bwahahahaahahahahahaha.

Ermagherrrrd. I blitzed up half a can of frozen coconut milk and a pint of frozen strawberries and it was sooo good. I put the leftovers back in the freezer, though I kind of suspect it may get too hard to scoop. I should have done this sooner when the ice cream cravings started. -_-

PrimalCon New York
    What! This is a thing? This is a thing????

Mittelschmerz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why am I in my mid-30s and only now hearing about this??? I thought I was fooling myself when I felt this. I thought, "Pfff. You can't feel that ovum popping out! That's nuts!"

But no! Apparently you can! And I do!

What the what!

Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast