Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - onalark page 26

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Shrimp in Thai yellow curry for dinner, with coconut milk and leftover veggies chucked in for good measure. Served over leftover caulirice. Lots of yum.

I seem to be eating a lot of seafood lately. Crab and sea bass at Disney, sea bass again Sunday night at Nick's (both from sustainable sources, honest!), salmon brochette yesterday for lunch, and shrimp for dinner. Normally I just crave steaks and ground beef. Now I'm craving seafood and...pea soup?

Yeah, pea soup. In August. I'm going to make a batch tomorrow, which I'll portion out and freeze. When I was puking, pea soup with ham was the only thing I wanted. Not primal, but at least I know mine is going to be better than the canned crap I had to resort to. Ham hocks make everything magical.

Aaaand yawning. Aaaaand I woke up in the middle of the night with the need to pee. Aaaaand I'm off to bed.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    That curry sounds tasty. I made one a couple weeks ago and it was exactly what I needed. Nice to fill a craving for something good for you!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    That curry sounds tasty. I made one a couple weeks ago and it was exactly what I needed. Nice to fill a craving for something good for you!
    Also: cheaper than going out. ^_^

I keep a couple Thai curry containers in the fridge for these occasions. The Mae Ploy brand is good. I've often thought about making a batch...but it's a lot of ingredients I don't normally have at home, plus these are tasty and don't have anything in them to motivate me to make my own.

The pea soup smells ah-mazing. I think it's going to be tomorrow's dinner, since Mr. Onalark will be at work late and eating on his own.

Tritip for breakfast, leftovers for lunch, handful of nuts for snack, BATS (big ass taco salad) for dinner. Lots of leftover veggies getting turned into meals this week. Still haven't exercised. I know, I know!

God, I love Julia Child. Watching old interviews with her...she was so wonderfully hammy and upbeat, even at the end. I hope that's me at 91.

Haven't eaten out since....Monday. Amazing! Enjoyed a bowl of soup for dinner, and some grapes and a spoonful of sunflower butter for dessert. The stretch will be broken tomorrow, however, as my company is hosting a food cart festival of sorts. And who am I to stop them?

Flank steak for breakfast, leftover taco salad for lunch. No exercise, aside from tons of walking Saturday, Sunday, Monday. That counts for something, right?

Oh, and I still don't feel all that pregnant.

Incubating a batch of yogurt in the SousVide Supreme. While it is actually cheaper than buying a quart, I've been dissatisfied with the time investment. The SVS may change that, since I can heat the milk to 180 in the waterbath of glory, and then incubate at 104 once everything cools back down. No giant pot to clean, minimal mess and fiddling with stuff. We'll see what comes out of the water oven in the morning.

I had a fail cascade today. It started with tacos. "Oh, I'll just eat these shells. They're so tiny anyway." Then it turned into frozen yogurt. "A couple ounces won't hurt! Wait, I think I need a couple more." Then it was chips and dip. "Well, fuck it. I've already had the yogurt." And finally...kombucha. My old friend and foe. "Good for my gut!" And with that, I ingested way too much sugar and starch. Kind of made up for it with oysters for dinner. Yeah, just oysters. I did mention I've been craving seafood lately, didn't I?

Deleting a rant about people who think higher body temp will lead to weight loss and fertility. Ugh. Wooscience makes my teeth itch!

Time for bed. G'night.

Our water's out. This makes cooking something of a challenge. Hopefully we'll have it back by end of day...but I'm not counting on it.

Beautiful produce from the farmer's market. I can't wash any of it. Siiigh.

Richardmac is online now Senior Member
    Fingers crossed for a raib shower. Seafood is amazing. All full of amazing fats and loads protein. Favourite?

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    Thank you, thank you. We are cautiously optimistic. And a little shocked. We were not trying this time; it just happened how it happened. o_o
    WoooooooHoooooooo! The old fashioned way is always the best.

I seem to be eating a lot of seafood lately. Crab and sea bass at Disney, sea bass again Sunday night at Nick's (both from sustainable sources, honest!), salmon brochette yesterday for lunch, and shrimp for dinner. Normally I just crave steaks and ground beef. Now I'm craving seafood and...pea soup?
    I've been craving seafood lately too and I'm not even incubating. I think something about hot weather makes the lighter stuff more appealing. I used to love pea soup back in pre-primal times. The only decent canned one around is Progresso.

And finally...kombucha. My old friend and foe. "Good for my gut!" And with that, I ingested way too much sugar and starch. Kind of made up for it with oysters for dinner. Yeah, just oysters. I did mention I've been craving seafood lately, didn't I?

Deleting a rant about people who think higher body temp will lead to weight loss and fertility. Ugh. Wooscience makes my teeth itch!
    I've had to tell Kombucha that it wasn't him it was me and the relationship just wasn't working. Sad breakup.
    If you are ranting about Ray Peat or one of his pet parrots, rant away. Eat sugar, it makes your body temp go up so it must be good for you. Yeahright.

Our water's out. This makes cooking something of a challenge. Hopefully we'll have it back by end of day...but I'm not counting on it. Beautiful produce from the farmer's market. I can't wash any of it. Siiigh.
    That would be challenging. I hope that gets resolved soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardmac View Post
    Fingers crossed for a raib shower. Seafood is amazing. All full of amazing fats and loads protein. Favourite?

Richard
    It's a draw between raw oysters and lobster. I think if someone put a plate of both in front of me and asked me to pick, I'd...suckerpunch them and run off with both. :3

Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast