Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - onalark page 22

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Leftover sweet potato hash and egg for breakfast. Snacked on some grapes and almonds between meetings. I love summer fruit.

Lunch...um, hoping there's something in the cafe other than chicken breast and salad. >:| Dinner -- no idea, because I worked OT and wasn't able to go shopping like I usually do.

Contemplating lifting or sprinting today, despite two nights of less than optimal sleep. Again, OT woes.

Supplements - same old, same old (D, kelp, selenium, folate).
    Sleep - 7 hours.
    Period - no effing clue what's going on down under, and my body temp isn't helping the mystery. Just gotta wait and see.

Here's breakfast.

Breakfast hash with egg and sauerkraut by fivebyevif, on Flickr

And here's dinner.

Tomato salad by fivebyevif, on Flickr

The steak was steak and the broccoli was broccoli, but the tomato salad was really good. I improvised a quick dressing by mashing raspberries and diced shallots in red wine vinegar, drizzled that over the slices, and then drizzled a small amount of lemon-infused olive oil over that. Yum!

Paleobird Guest
    Hiya Steph,
    Your periods are going to be a little weird for a while. Stop/start, heavy/light, stop for three days and start up again for two, etc. It will take a little while until the uterus settles down to a steady cycle so don't let that freak you out. Just be patient. And keep pads with you at all times.

Let us know how the sous vide machine turns out. I've been thinking about one of those (as if I don't already have enough kitchen gadgetry!)

Yeah...I figure things will be hinky for a while. Stuff still cleaning out? I dunno. I don't even know if I should bother with temp tracking right now. I did test a luteinizing hormone strip last night to see if I might be ovulating, but no. Though those have a very narrow window where they work, so....

I will absolutely update on the sous vide machine and how it works. The Googles seem to indicate I'll either love it or hate it. If it keeps us from eating out, I will love it.

Thank you! It's not really a subject you can exactly bring up in polite conversation with a lot of women, so in that, these forums are very handy.

Breakfast was more hash and eggs. My husband said I should be more careful about my hash habit. I told him it's California, it's expected.

The cafe pulled through for lunch -- chicken quarter and kale. Yum!

I ran sprints yesterday (8 x 15 seconds)! And I didn't get a headache! Kermit arms!!!! I think we can confidently say the anemia has passed.

Time to head home. I forgot -- I started a ginormous batch of bone broth last night. Should be done when I get home. I'm also soaking sunflower seeds, because $8 for a jar of sunbutter is outrageous.

Dinner...think we'll do some TJ's chicken sausage, onions, and peppers. Maybe a nice salad. That sounds good, doesn't it?

Hot damn! I caught me a spammer!

My bone broth came out perfectly jello-y, and I got a load of tallow out of the deal. Sweet! Also, finished drying and toasting my sunflower seeds; all that's left is to blitz them into oblivion.

Wrapping up the sweet potato hash breakfast (got one more serving for tomorrow). Had some salt-grilled salmon and salmon/tuna sashimi for lunch. Tasty, but I missed the soy sauce. Not sure why I can eat salmon at Japanese restaurants, but when I cook it at home I want to barf. Hmmmm.

I'm having a love affair with nectarines right now. The perfect dessert fruit. Soooo goooood.

Yup. I am totes ovulating. The LH strip does not lie.

Made some ridiculously ugly meatballs for dinner, so not going to post the photos here. Too bad something so ugly tasted so good. Trader Joe's has a marinara in a can that doesn't have a single offensive ingredient. Tastes great, cheap as hell, I'll take twenty!

Finally, this was breakfast:

Purple Sweet Potato Hash by fivebyevif, on Flickr

And lo, it was good.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    purple sweet potatoes? I've only heard of regular purple potatoes! They're my favorite.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast