Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - onalark page 20

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    I really do love Campari on the rocks. The older I get, the more bitter I like my drinks....
    I haven't had Campari in years. My Mom used to drink that stuff. I remember thinking it was horribly bitter but it might taste good now that I eat 100% cocoa chocolate. Hmm. Worth another try.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I haven't had Campari in years. My Mom used to drink that stuff. I remember thinking it was horribly bitter but it might taste good now that I eat 100% cocoa chocolate. Hmm. Worth another try.
    Campari and soda water. Good stuff. I usually drink it in negronis: Campari + Gin + Sweet Vermouth, shaken, on the rocks.

I'm also a fan of Campari's less boozy little sister, Aperol.

Neither are primal, but that's why Mark gave us 20%.

Kaylee99 is offline Senior Member
    Yummmmm! My Whole30 ends next Saturday and I can't WAIT for a piece of dark chocolate. A drink sounds lovely as well.

PS-My OB said to munch on liver to help restore iron and blood levels. I hate live so I didn't, but I love that I have a primal OB

FYI-you're gonna bleed forever. I thought I was done and suddenly started again today. AHHHHHHH!!!!! Dammit. Doc thinks its an actual period just wonky because of everything. More blood tests tomorrow to make sure. Yippie.

*hugs* Sound like you've got a great guy there!
    See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylee99 View Post
    Yummmmm! My Whole30 ends next Saturday and I can't WAIT for a piece of dark chocolate. A drink sounds lovely as well.

PS-My OB said to munch on liver to help restore iron and blood levels. I hate live so I didn't, but I love that I have a primal OB

FYI-you're gonna bleed forever. I thought I was done and suddenly started again today. AHHHHHHH!!!!! Dammit. Doc thinks its an actual period just wonky because of everything. More blood tests tomorrow to make sure. Yippie.

*hugs* Sound like you've got a great guy there!
    Hah. My OB just gave me some iron pills. I should probably break out the liver from the freezer.

The bleeding is in fits and bursts at this point, and the ultrasound today looked good. I'm hoping we're nearing the end times. I miss special adult snuggle times with Mr. Onalark.

Wasn't terribly hungry after KOREAN BBQ OVERLOAD ZOMG, and the power went out just as I got home, so we went and had Thai and I ate a papaya salad with a couple shrimp on it. Then we came home and lit candles and commented on how nice it is to just listen to the rain...then the power came back. And I went to bed. The end.

As previously mentioned, the follow-up ultrasound looks good. Empty uterus. I think I saw a little "FOR RENT" sign in there when the OB was poking around.

Looking forward to sleeping a metric crap-ton this weekend and maybe doing a little housework. I don't have anything I want to "make" for fun. Though now that I think about it, I haven't had a nice tri-tip in a while....

Decided to make an omelet for dinner. Somehow, eggs for dinner just don't bother me the way eggs for breakfast do.

I would have skipped the eggs completely, but I figured the iron couldn't hurt.

Home alone tonight. Expecting Mr. Onalark tomorrow due to acts of male bonding. I'm gonna sleep for hours and hours, ya'all.

My local meat shop had braaaaaains in the freezer case. Brains! I was tempted. If they're still there next weekend, maybe I'll buy 'em.

Spent yesterday helping some friends move (I drove and carried pillows and blankets, no stairs, nothing heavy), then went and got pleasantly buzzed, which was pleasant! The bleeding has stopped, the headaches are subsiding, cuddle time is back, and I'm feeling around 95%. Yay! Just in time to start a Whole30 and eat lots of nutritious food and have a period and get knocked up again (well, that's the plan at least).

The local farmer's market is wonderful right now. The farmer I get all our eggs from has the best raspberries and blueberries, there are herbs for cheap everywhere, and tomatoes, oh yes, tomatoes.

I also bought a quart of freshly squeezed OJ. Not myself a fan of juice -- mom never gave it to us, and I've always seen it as "sugar water" -- but I'll drink it if it helps my body absorb iron. Mr. Onalark, who has always been a bit of an OJ fiend, is positively jubilant about this turn of events.

So: back to being a food, exercise, and supplements journal.

This morning: buckwheat pancakes, bacon, egg. Fresh local orange juice (unpasteurized) to help my body assimilate the iron.
    Tonight: tri-tip! And a nice salad. That's the plan.
    Supplements: 800mcg folate, 6000-IU Vit-D, 150mg Iron, 250mcg selenium, 225mcg kelp.
    Exercise: Aside from walking around the market, still keeping this lowkey. Hoping to do heavy lifting a week from Monday, as well as resume our walks.

Paleobird Guest
    Oooooh buy the brains. They are so yummy. If you are a little squeemed out by them you can scramble them up with a couple of eggs and it just comes out tasting like egg flavored butter.

I'm glad you're feeling better.

p.s. this website has lots of good Campari "recipes" http://www.campari.com/
    According to livestrong, for a 1.5 oz serving it only has 120 calories, 8g of carbs and 0 sugar. Not a bad Primal tipple.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 07-15-2012 at 02:15 PM.

Oooooh buy the brains. They are so yummy. If you are a little squeemed out by them you can scramble them up with a couple of eggs and it just comes out tasting like egg flavored butter.
    All right. That settles it. If there are brains to be had next week, I'm buying 'em.

I'm glad you're feeling better.

p.s. this website has lots of good Campari "recipes" Campari.com
    According to livestrong, for a 1.5 oz serving it only has 120 calories, 8g of carbs and 0 sugar. Not a bad Primal tipple.
    Well now. Campari just looks better and better. Thanks!

Morning! I had a hardboiled egg. And continued to dose myself with orange juice with my iron pill. So far, I have not puked. It's magic!

It's also 11:48 and I am starving and kind of tired. I guess I'll go down and order a couple burger patties from the cafe and put them on a salad. The tritip got bumped to tonight; it's soaking in red wine and garlic and technically the red wine isn't "Whole30 Friendly" but on this, the Whole9 can suck it. There. I said it. I am not going to feel guilty about a red wine marinade. -_-

Supplements same as usual: folate, iron (two pills left), Vit-D, selenium, kelp.

Headaches nonexistent, I would say I'm 98% today. By the end of the week, I should be ready once more for long walks and short sprints.

Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast