Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - onalark page 19

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    Making almond-egg-banana pancakes for breakfast. Oh noes! The PUFAs! STFU PUFA police, you don't own me!

Think I'll also eat it with some greek yogurt. Later today, I may cook up some liver because, y'know, blood loss.

And tonight: steak. Steak steak steak. Gimme that steak.

Putting off my Whole30 a week because we need to do some drinking on Saturday. My best friend was also in the hospital this weekend because her baby girl had an infection. Ugh. We need drinks, and we need them this weekend.
    Gee, Steph, d'ya think? This is not the time to be strict with anything. This is the time to cut loose. Fuck yeah!

Your experiences are very similar to what I went through. Reading it brings back tears I thought I was long since past having.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Gee, Steph, d'ya think? This is not the time to be strict with anything. This is the time to cut loose. Fuck yeah!

Your experiences are very similar to what I went through. Reading it brings back tears I thought I was long since past having.
    I'm sorry, PB.

Went to work today. Going to pull a half day then head home.

Leftover ground beef, eggs, and onions for breakfast. Some radish kimchi that may be a bit too funky for me, but I want to get some good stuff in my gut after all the medications. Also snarfed down a nectarine from the farmer's market that had that lucious "eat me!" perfume, and some more blueberries and blackberries. Planning to do zucchini "spaghetti" for dinner, or maybe some shrimp with baby tomatoes and basil. We'll see!

A little more bleeding today, but no cramping/contractions or pain. As per the ER, I have constipation due to the hydromorphone (hence the kimchi and yogurt), and that's causing me more pain than anything. :P

Despite all this, I am still looking forward to the next attempt. Go stubborn refusal to quit!

Kaylee99 is offline Senior Member
    *hugs*

With mine the embryo was the first thing to come out (I know, I was digging in the toilet bringing up big handfuls of clots of tissue and looking). It looked like a little gray seahorse and after Hubby had a peek (I'm sure I was straight for a horror film with blood running down my hands...and legs...and everywhere) I was finally able to say goodbye.

I think I lost my mind a little bit after that because I kept yelling from the bathroom "Oh. My. God. Honey! You HAVE to see this!!" and it would be the biggest mess of nasty stuff. I think I almost made him barf but I was laughing like mad. Sometimes the body is so freaking disgusting its cool. (Also, I was on some super-duper pain meds.)

Thank you for sharing your experience. It is heartening to know that others make bad jokes and laugh at their bodies during this time. *hugs* This crud stinks but here's for trying again!!
    See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

Oh yeah. When chunks of you are falling out on the floor and the blood is gushing like something out of a horror movie...you really have two choices: laugh or cry.

I choose to laugh, as long as I've still got the energy for it.

Also, quite a few times I would go into the bathroom, there'd be a huge gush and I'd yell, "What the...seriously? SERIOUSLY???" Like I was in a sitcom, or something. :P

Me: "Pieces of me keep falling out! I feel like a zombie!"

Him: "I think you mean a leper."

Me: "Zombies are cooler. I FEEL LIKE A ZOMBIE."

Thanks for stopping by, Kaylee. *hugs*

Oh hey, hydromorphone/Dilaudid, you say you cause constipation? Well, MEET NATURAL CALM. That's right, motherfucker. Magnesium citrate FTW.

No doctor's appointment this morning; he's busy delivering babies. The nerve! Well, actually, I guess it's okay. OB's doing actual deliveries is kind of cool, even if it means I have to reschedule. If it comes to me needing to use a hospital, this is the kind of doctor I'll want.

I ate a ton of clams last night and I feel better. Still headachey, still tender, but not as woozy and lightheaded. Came home from work yesterday and slept for an hour until Mr. Onalark came home, and after dinner I went straight to bed. Would have loved to get 8 solid hours but oh well. Hopefully tonight.

I can tell Mr. Onalark is feeling like he should be able to DO something. The litterbox is being cleaned regularly, the dishes are scrubbed and put away...I wish I could give him some quest to go on that would magically fix things, but alas. I don't think he realizes how much just "being there" counts.

Tonight I will finally have my shrimp and baby tomatoes! I swear it!

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Boyfriend was on pain killers after shoulder surgery and would not listen to any of my advice, like taking magnesium to combat the constipation instead of your standard OTC laxative. Silly man.

Have you considered taking any iron supplements? I know your body probably will/may bounce back normally, but I'm sure that's not quite the same as the regular monthly blood loss. I was just thinking of post-miscarriage supplementation in the same vein as post-birth supplementation. Some ladies use encapsulated placenta, others just use iron supplements. Anyway, sounds like you're taking good care of yourself, but I'm all about preventative care (as in, no fainting or iron deficiency for Onalark, please!)

Mr. Onalark seems like a great dude. I can't imagine what things are like from his end, but I'm sure he will sort through it in his own way and time.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Have you considered taking any iron supplements?
    They tend to make me sick. I prefer to just eat massive amounts of meat. So far, no issues with that, and today I'm feeling way, way better. I also semi-suspect the medications were still bouncing around in my system. Though they did great things for pain management, there have to be side effects with that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Mr. Onalark seems like a great dude. I can't imagine what things are like from his end, but I'm sure he will sort through it in his own way and time.
    He is. I lurv him. I'm also encouraging him to spend Friday with my stepdad for some "guy time". I figure he could use a break from "guess what's gushing out of my body this week!"-type stuff.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylee99 View Post
    Thank you for sharing your experience. It is heartening to know that others make bad jokes and laugh at their bodies during this time. *hugs* This crud stinks but here's for trying again!!
    Amen.

We had Korean BBQ for lunch, which is great and filling and primal! and full of kimchi and now I want to sleep.

Sleeping of which: I got about 9 hours last night. No heartburn, no nightmares, no waking up to pee...it's been a while since that's happened. I think with a couple more nights like that I could be back to "normal".

I AM starting a Whole 30 on Monday...but first I'm going drinking on Saturday because it'll be my last drink for a while and I really do love Campari on the rocks. The older I get, the more bitter I like my drinks....

Dinner was meh last night. I had to cover it in sambal oelek to enjoy. No idea what I'm making tonight. I have a pound of ground beef in the fridge, so...something with that. :P

Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast