Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - onalark page 16

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My husband "made" dinner, which is to say he brought home ribs, brisket, and pulled pork from work. They cater in lunches, and there's always tons of leftovers, and the barbeque company they use is really, really good.

Soaking my buckwheat for tomorrow's breakfast, and planning on making some blueberry chutney tomorrow. Looks like the house won't close until Tuesday, but that's what the insurance people told me, and I think my real estate agent was just being overly optimistic when she said today or Monday (being optimistic, I think, is part of her job).

Need to get back to weight lifting now that I'm feeling better. Next week should be good, even if I am leaving town Thursday night. I could try and convince myself that I'm going to use the gym at the hotel, but ha ha ha ha ha ha...yeah. That never happens. :P

Paleobird Guest
    Sounds like you have got yourself a good Grok there, making you steak, bringing home ribs, etc. while you are growing the Grokling.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Sounds like you have got yourself a good Grok there, making you steak, bringing home ribs, etc. while you are growing the Grokling.
    He's awesome. Even cleans the cat litter, no complaints. What a man.

So, Prometheus? Probably not a great movie for pregnant ladies. I wasn't clutching my pearls and threatening to stomp out of the theater, but I could see how some women would have reeeeeeal issues with a couple of the scenes, which are horror-related.

Overall, the movie just kind of sucked, and I speak as a longtime s-f fan when I say -- this is why story matters. What a waste of a great cast, great director, and great visuals. Blergh.

My rumspringa has started. I ate wheat, and then I died, and then it turned out I didn't, and now I'm waiting for my husband to be up so I can have some sourdough bread and clam chowder. Which I originally wrote as "clam showder". Which is probably a shower involving clams, which has got to be painful, assuming they're still in the shell.

So far, wheat is not impressing me. I had beignets that were kind of terrible, some fried green tomatoes that were okay, and a cinnamon role that was 99% frosting. I think the sourdough will be good, though. I looooove sourdough. Or I thought I loved sourdough. I guess I'll find out.

With the exception of one breakfast in Vegas, it's been about 6 months since I deliberately ate wheat. The last wheaty thing I ate was a sourdough waffle...and it was totally worth it.

After this, I'm deciding what my next "distance" will be, and I'll probably make it a year. I do not feel like I'm missing anything by eating my sandwiches sans bread and my salads without a roll, or declining the cake at parties. It's more a hassle to explain it than it is to live it; I try to keep people from noticing, but sometimes they do, and then they ask, and usually I say "I have an autoimmune condition that is aggravated by wheat." and that shuts them up. Huzzah!

Coffee's brewed, morning is lovely. Think I'll go write. Ta.

Because it's my wheat rumspringa, I had biscuits and gravy this morning and...I couldn't eat them. This massive plate full of gravy and eggs and hashbrowns showed up and I nibbled at the biscuit and ate the crusty side of the potatoes, but I couldn't make much of a dent in that oversized platter of creamy white STUFF. And it wasn't that it didn't taste good; it tasted great. But my stomach was calling it quits inside of five minutes.

I gave up and told the waitress to thank the cook, but my eyes were bigger than my stomach.

Even Mr. Onalark couldn't finish his breakfast. He's been joining me on my week "off" and ordered pancakes. He attacked the stack as best he could, and normally eats everything on his plate when I make my superspecial buckwheat pancakes, but he left half the stack this morning. We've both changed, and for the better.

On the way out, I remarked to my husband that two years ago, I'd have made short work of that plate. He thought about it a moment, and said, "Yeah, well, you're not pre-diabetic anymore." Holy shit! Is this what a normal metabolism feels like? Is this how satiety is supposed to work? This is crazy, yousguys!

I also have no doubt that if I ate like this every day, it would go away and I'd be back to square one. No doubt. The good news is: I'm already kind of weary of it. I have a couple more indulgences on the list -- really good fried chicken, a donut, some fresh pasta -- and then I think I'm done and ready to head back to primalville.

I'll be starting a Whole 30 mid-July. My birthday is coming up, and I'll be making a flourless chocolate cake for the occasion, and then after that I'm going to eat me some greens and proteins. Looking forward to it. (Which is the right frame of mind to approach a Whole 30, honest.)

All paperwork for the house is signed. All that's left now is the countersignatures, and later, the move. Oh boy oh boy. Packing.

Lunch was suuuuper filling, and I'm now glad I only got one California roll.

Tomorrow is the big day! Fingers crossed that it's all good.

Oh, and it's official. I'm up one cup size. I've never been a "D" in my life, but now I am (which may in part explain why my boobs hurt so much at the end of the day).

Mr. Onalark has never been so thrilled to go clothes shopping with me.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Fingers crossed for you!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Fingers crossed for you!
    Thank you!

Thursday: double-confirmed with a midwife and a doctor that there was no heartbeat. Cried, cussed, made bad jokes, ate bad food, cried some more, went on vacation anyway.

Friday, Saturday, Sunday: walked a lot. Walked a lot a lot. Drank booze and ate sugar and didn't worry about hurting the embryo because there's nothing I can do anymore to help or hurt it.

Monday: started bleeding. Stayed home from work. Need to go out and buy some heavy pads for what comes next.

Will be trying again. Will probably tell a lot fewer people before 12 weeks next time. Not happy, but getting past being sad.

On the bright side...I'll have more money in my FSA when we conceive next. No, that's not really a bright side, but I'll take what I can get.

How about this: On the bright side...this whole experience confirmed that we really do want a child, and will continue trying for the time being. How many times do you do this before you stop? I don't know. I guess we're going to find out.

Take care, all.

Back to primaleo today. Eating the last of the (cultured) cottage cheese I bought when I was feeling nauseous, and today's lunch was a BAS plus sardines. Another bright side: the thought of sardines no longer makes me want to hurl.

Yesterday's promise of a natural miscarriage stalled out; I'll be taking the Cytotec after all. Tomorrow should be interesting, based on what I've read and heard. At this point, though, I just want to move on.

Salmon defrosted for dinner. Tomorrow is probably going to be a rough day, so who knows what or when I'll be eating. We may be able to walk down and watch the fireworks. We may not. Good times.

Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast