Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - onalark page 15

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yogurt. Yogurtyogurtyogurt. I had some for breakfast, I had some for lunch. Okay, it was frozen. And peanut butter flavor. WHATEVER. It was yogurt! I also had salmon for lunch. TAKE THAT, OMEGA 3s.

My morning sickness is...actually morning sickness. I wake up, I feel nauseous. I usually gag at some point in the shower. Then I eat some yogurt, and it goes away for the rest of the day. yogurtYOGURTyogurt.

And sleep is...well, tricky. Last night, I slept 10 hours. Night before was 5 hours. Tonight? Who knows! I hope it evens out.

Other than that, I'm holding up well and looking forward to making a chicken curry for dinner. Mmmm. Chicken curry.

I made a chicken curry for dinner, and lo, it was good!

• 1 tbsp coconut oil + 1 tbsp butter, OR 2 tbsp ghee
    • 1 onion
    • 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled
    • 5-8 garlic cloves, peeled
    • 1 tsp whole cumin seeds
    • 1 tsp whole coriander seeds
    • 1/2 tsp turmeric
    • 1 tsp garam masala
    • 2 tomatoes
    • 4 Tbs yogurt
    • 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken, chopped, whatever cut you like

Put the onion, ginger, garlic, coriander, and cumin in a blender and blend the bejeezus out of it. You want mush. You need a good blender for this. If you don't have a good blender, then just chop up everything and use powdered spices instead (but use a little less of the spices, to make up for the compacted volume).

Heat your lipids in a large skillet on medium-high heat until they're dancing, then add the onion-ginger-garlic mush. Be careful adding it, as it can splatter. Fry this for about 5 minutes. It should be getting browned. Sprinkle over the turmeric, and let it heat in the pan a few seconds, then stir into the mush, which has probably by now sucked up all the fat.

Throw the tomatoes in your (uncleaned) blender and blend them into a puree (or chop, if you don't want to use a blender). Add to the mush in the pan, and stir. Add the garam masala. Stir. Let it release some water, then add the yogurt. Stir. You should now have a creamy paste. Add the chicken, and coat with the spice blend.

Cook the chicken until done. Depending on how big your chunks are, this can take anywhere from 5-10 minutes. When everything is cooked through, serve.

I liked it with some lime-pickled onions I'd made earlier in the week. These added a nice sharp-sweet-acid contrast. Would also be good with a homemade chutney or raita.

Paleobird Guest
    That sounds yummy. Only on this forum would there be a reference to "heat your lipids".

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    That sounds yummy. Only on this forum would there be a reference to "heat your lipids".
    Hah. I actually picked that up from Batali. The man loves his lipids.

More nausea today, but no puking. Flaming perky boobs in the night. Sounds like a romance novel.

I made the PaleOMG apple cinnamon muffins for breakfast, and they were...meh. Not terrible, but they needed butter or cream cheese or something. Sorry, PaleOMG. They were not heaven bread in my mouth.

We did our final walk-through on the house we're in the process of buying. The owners are awesome and showed us everything and we exchanged contact info. Just a pleasant senior couple who are super thrilled to be selling their home to a nice young couple. We, in turn, are super thrilled to be getting the place.

I added about 225mcg of iodine supplementation back into my diet after doing some research and determining it may be beneficial to the nubbin, especially with my thyroid problems. I dread even mentioning it here, in the land of IODINE FIXES EVERYTHING!!!!, but since I track my supplements in this journal (still taking 6,000 IU Vit-D and 800mcg folate), I feel duty-bound to say it. Heh heh. Duty.

Speaking of which: I miss...being regular. :P And that's all I'll say of THAT.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    "Her breasts were on fire...no really, they were on FIRE."

I hope the house works out! That sounds exciting

Good luck with the iodine. I just started a multi with a low dose of it (or maybe it's 100% of the RDA or something), we'll see if I start growing antlers soon enough.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

As long as the house isn't on Ash Tree Lane...

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    "Her breasts were on fire...no really, they were on FIRE."

I hope the house works out! That sounds exciting

Good luck with the iodine. I just started a multi with a low dose of it (or maybe it's 100% of the RDA or something), we'll see if I start growing antlers soon enough.
    Pix or it didn't happen.

Thank you! We're supposed to close either tomorrow, Monday, or Tuesday. We don't actually move in until September. So in the meantime, I get to enjoy my house close to the beach, even if it is tiny and the kitchen makes me want to whine.

My only requirement was that we move before I get too big. I really don't want to be eight months pregnant and hauling things up stairs. Not that I couldn't do it...but I don't wan to do it. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    As long as the house isn't on Ash Tree Lane...
    You're referring to "The House of Leaves", aren't you? I haven't read it! Yet. I have listened to his sister's album, "Haunted", quite frequently this last week. Which reminds me that I need to read the book.

Did you ever see this?
    The Dionaea House

It's a bit long, but I really enjoyed it when I found it around Halloween 7 years ago.

So, the late-in-the-day fatigue is right now my strongest symptom. I get to 6:30 and I just want to go to sleep. Last night Mr. Onalark came home and I said, "Can I just make steak? No salad? No side? Just a steak on a plate?" And he said, "I love you." And I said, "Okay." So that was dinner last night, folks. Steak on a plate.

(I did cut up a tomato and half an avocado and added a couple of the pickled onions I made on Saturday...I'm not a COMPLETE BARBARIAN.)

We'll be closing on Monday, I'm pretty sure. On Thursday we get to find out what's goin' on in Chez Utérus, and fingers crossed that it's all good. Sorry, I've probably posted that twenty times, but that's the crazy-making part about early pregnancy.

I really need to get ready for work. Whoo. Friday.

Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast