Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - onalark page 10

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    One week, four pounds down. Hurray? Or was it water weight? We'll find out next week.

So! 50 grams of protein definitely squashes my hunger like a 500 lb gorilla. I think in the future, for weight-loss purposes, I will definitely incorporate this. Even if it is hard. (And it's hard when you don't like eggs.)

To celebrate four pounds, I had 1/2 Tbs of (real! from France!) lavender honey on my Fage yogurt this morning. A bit higher carb than I usually have in the mornings, and it was definitely a one-time thing (I had Greek yogurt left over from the moussaka I made this weekend). Steaks for dinner and leftover moussaka for lunch. My carbs are well in hand.

Ran the work 5k today. Well, jog/walked a 5k today. I remember doing this last year, and being absolutely KNACKERED at the end, shoving oranges and bananas and water down my piehole as fast as I could, then running off and getting lunch. This time I finished, grabbed a banana, and went off to shower and get back to work. Vegan vs. paleo, folks. Paleo wins.

My carbs are slightly up today, mainly because I want to keep myself from crashing after the exertion of the 5k. I had half a sweet potato with lunch, as well as some salmon and chicken. I'll be doing my level best to keep dinner as "clean" as possible.

Yesterday was a group mixer, and my willpower remains superb. I ate some artichoke dip and veggies, some cheese, and one chicken skewer. No alcohol, no cookies, no key lime squares. Bless.

I dug up last year's time on the 5k: 51:50. This years: 50:00. AND I wasn't as tired after, did I mention that? My ankles are sore today, though. Jogging really isn't my thing.

I had carnitas for dinner, and lo, in the midst of all that yummy, crispy meat was a big, fat pork bone. Just soft enough to chew on, and I did. The marrow was delightful.

Liver for dinner tonight, because the guy is currently out of town and he hates liver and I don't. Chicken breast and cottage cheese for breakfast. 50g of protein. Blargh.

It's the holidays, and I am admitting some defeat on the sugar front. Life is just too short to stress about it.

12/26 I intend to go back to basics and do a paleo reset. No grains, concentrated sugars, legumes, dairy, nightshades, or eggs.

I also started supplementing iodine, because I want to see what effect (if any) it has on my thyroid. Monitoring this closely, and will yank it from the rotation if I see any adverse effects.

Speaking of stress: my rental property has a major issue that I have to deal with ASAP. I've been trying for years to get out of credit debt, but it looks like the only way I can fix this problem is to go back that way. It sucks, but I'd rather pay and get it over with than sit here fretting about it. Life is, again, too short to spend worrying.

Had a little ground beef and fermented veggies for breakfast. I know that doesn't sound good, but it was! Not super hungry today, but I'll grab some lunch eventually. Dinner tonight: more ground beef (we need to use it up), and hopefully some green and leafy stuff.

Done with declaring sugar bankruptcy. I expect there'll be one more dip into the 20% pool with Christmas eve/day, but after that I'm heading into hard reset land, and looking forward to "eating clean" again.

Time for some camping! Meals include:

• Steak with veggie hobo packs (aluminum foil wrapped around zukes, onions, spices, olive oil, salt)
    • Homemade sausage patties (with eggs for the guy)
    • Leftover chicken
    • Blueberries and coconut flakes for snacks

It took me ten minutes to grab all this stuff from the fridge and throw it in a cooler. Whoop whoop!

Home-smoked meats make everything better.

(Official) Day 4 of no nightshades, eggs, or dairy. Bringing food to work, I feel, is key. It's hard to feel deprived when you're nomming on espresso-cocoa-allspice rubbed tri-tip smoked over applewood.

Alas, I appear to be losing weight. :P

If this continues through the month, I am really, really going to miss tomatoes, eggs, and cheese. To say nothing of coworker lunches.

Still losing. I can feel it. I think I can live with no nightshades, eggs, and dairy if I actually lose weight.

Bought two more tri-tips to smoke this weekend. Making lamb chops tonight for dinner. Can o' salmon for lunch. And I'm off.

Smoked tri-tips are delicious, as usual.

My coconut milk ice cream was a bit on the unsweet side. The family universally disliked it. They had vanilla ice cream, though, so hard to compare.

I am still losing. I'm finally a pound away from the weight I was at when I went down the aisle in September. Also did my first Body by Science routine today. Going to check out the work gym to see if they have machines, as "reps to failure" is a little scary with a barbell.

Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast