Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alcohol Fast page

Geoff is offline Member

Primal Fuel

O.K., I admit it, my biggest non-primal weakness is beer. A pint or two always puts a smile on my face. It's not an every day thing for me, but I think I'd feel better and make better progress toward my primal goals if I cut back a lot. To this end I'm going to go on an alcohol fast until the 26th (U.S. Thanksgiving). Anyone want to join in with me?

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Drat. At first, I thought you were proposing a fast on food, consuming alcohol only!

Although I love whiskey and wine, I almost never drink except socially...and I'm not a terribly social person, so that's not often. I do notice a difference in energy levels, quality of sleep, and leanness since the days when I had a drink (or several) every night -- not conclusive, because other factors have changed, but it stands to reason that cutting the booze is a good thing.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Del Mar Mel Guest

I'm in! I don't drink much either but it seems like when I'm eating really clean I can barely handle a glass of wine. Alcohol almost requires something starchy for me to slow it down and I definitely don't want to reach for that. I tend to drink too much wine when I hang out with my neighbor and I've been trying to nip that in the bud so this is perfect timing.

JulieD Guest

This is indeed timely! I started falling into the pattern of, "I've been good all week, so we can go out and have some drinks this weekend." We also have some friends who like to drink quite a lot, and I was going with the flow, so to speak. Time to tighten things up a bit!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

A great idea but a misleading name for it

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

glorth2 is offline Senior Member

Hey Geoff. I think you participated in my "functional alcoholism" thread so you know my struggles. I just want to mention that calming herbal teas definitely helped me get through my fast and continue to help me moderate. I'm also a big fan of apple cider and I found a product form Ziegler's that is like a mulling spice teabag for cider. I highly recommend.

Good luck and feel free to hit me up!

one_eye_mike Guest

So how's your battle with beer coming along glorth? Hope it's going well for you.

Del Mar Mel Guest

OK. I'm hangin' in there. Managed to resist a Sunday afternoon beer or glass of wine. I am committed to being alcohol free until Thanksgiving. Not that I expect it to be too hard but I think it's a good mini-challenge.

Geoff is offline Member

@Glorth -

Thanks much for the recommendation. Having alternate beverages in the house is certainly important for me. I made a big batch of honeybush tea last night to drink iced. Cider is great, but a little high in carbs for me. Yesterday wasn't hard and I slept better last night.

xtrfuel Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Nice. I started on this as well on the 2nd. I drank 10 days out of 14 previous to that so I think I needed it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast