Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alcohol Fast page 3

Del Mar Mel Guest

Primal Fuel

Baglady, that's one of the ticks against alcohol. All good reasoning goes out the window and it stimulates appetite. I know I'm better off without it for the time being. Last year at the holidays I took a "just say no" approach to any alcohol when I was at home. That way when I went to holiday parties it wasn't as if I was drinking for the whole month of December.

glorth2 is offline Senior Member

one_eye, I'm 200lbs and CF is pretty good now. I'll be fine.

Steve-in-MN is offline Member

Geoff - I'll give it a try. I only drink occasionally, but it seems like I'm finding occasions every weekend and many week days these days. Like tonight - wife's out of town, MNF is on. Better have a coupla-three beers. The fall tends to be like that for me for some reason. In fact, in recent weeks I put on about 5 lbs that I lost during the August challenge. My first goal will be to make it to Saturday.

MariaNYC is offline Senior Member

Well I failed already. Had vodka-soda on Wed and a beer yesterday. My once a week drinking night was supposed to be saved for an event on Saturday night, but well, life happens.

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Del Mar Mel Guest

Harder to resist if you are going out. I did a double take on a Syrah at the store today but then remembered I had committed to this. I think I should be able to get to Thanksgiving, no problem!

Steve-in-MN is offline Member

Me too. Clear on Tues and Wed, but last night I had 3 beers. Got invited to a Timberwolves game tonight, so I'll probably have a few there too. We'll see how next week goes.

Baglady is offline Junior Member

mee threeee.......

I couldn't do it.But I didn't go over board. Now lets see if I can Not go overboard this weekend!

Bags
    Primal Since 10/2009

glorth2 is offline Senior Member

As I said, I haven't stopped entirely but I am controlling my urges and not having the few/night I was. I'm drinking tea and apple cider (I know) to get by. I'd love more recommendations on tea. I've been drinking the Celestial Tension Tamer but can't find any herbal teas with hops. If I could get some recommendations on that and INEXPENSIVE red wine I would appreciate it.

Geoff is offline Member

@glorth2 - Yesterday was the release date for the 2009 Beaujolais Nouveau (traditionally the first wine of the season in the Northern Hemisphere). It's inexpensive, light, fruity, and fun but not a "serious" wine. My wife and I have a tradition going back nearly 20 years of sharing a bottle on the day it's released. My marriage and the shared traditions I have with my wife are more important to me than my artificial two-week alcohol fast (though if I'd been smarter I'd not have set this fast up to coincide with Beaujolais Nouveau). Of course we split a bottle last night, and I don't regret it for a second.

bobbylight Guest

I am not much of a wine drinker, but Beaujolais Nouveau is gross. I used to work at a really shitty wine shop and people would come in looking for it and I would be like "Well we have last year's." A couple of people were like "You shouldn't even tell people that." Anyway, my friends drank year old Nouveau and they said it tasted like vinegar.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast