Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Alcohol Fast page 2

chima_p is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

Some things to keep you motivated (though you already now I am sure).

Nothing will keep you from burning fat as fuel more effectivly than alcohol.

First you got to burn through the alcohol calories (7 per unit) then the carb calories (depending on glycogen stores) then back to FFA.

Ketosis stops dead in it's tracks waiting for the liver to process the alcohol.

You should see some progress in losing fat if you stay of the beer.

Del Mar Mel Guest

Thanks Chima. Jillian Michaels has often said that alcohol stops fat burning completely. That is quite the motivation to not imbibe.

MariaNYC is offline Senior Member

This is timely for me as well. I feel like I've been drinking too much and was starting to wonder if it was the culprit responsible for my skin developing chronic blemishes (not to mention stalling fat loss). Red wine in particular seems to set it off -- perhaps it's the tannins?

Anyway, I'm not going to kid myself and say I won't drink at all until Thanksgiving because that is not realistic given that "drinks with the girls" is one of my main forms of socializing, hah. I'm cutting out the glass of wine or beer with dinner and will restrict the social drinking to once per week.

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

bobbylight Guest

I thought this fast was going to be for a bit longer than a couple weeks. Baby steps I guess.

PrimalK is offline Junior Member

Everyone has to start somewhere... good luck to you all!

Del Mar Mel Guest

Depending on what I do for Thanksgiving I may just continue thru with no alcohol. I am more interested in reaching 2010 in the best shape possible.

glorth2 is offline Senior Member

one_eye: I was only on a weeklong fast and I made it. I don't want to permanently eliminate it from my diet as I think that drinking a good doppelbock is like tasting Heaven. I am trying to reduce my casual drinking at home though and I'm doing pretty good. I was home all weekend, bored, with 2 sick kids though so had a couple. I'll have to keep an eye on it.

geoff: You're welcome. You know, you could tell me that apple cider was made from baby harp seals and I would still drink it in season.

chima: Good motivation.

glorth2 is offline Senior Member

Regarding this: It looks like I am selling my kegerator for this

YES!

one_eye_mike Guest

Is that frame carbon fiber? Not a fan, especially for a heavier guy (by biking standards). The problem with carbon fiber is when it fails, it fails catastrophically.

If you're going to race competively, that's a good set up.

Baglady is offline Junior Member

Hum....considering jumping in on this. I can't drink beer anymore knowing that I now have celiac so I have been drinking wine. Well ye old habit was hiding and I drank a lot of wine and the binged ate, not once but twice this past weekend. This really sucks cause I thought I was doing good. Oh and binging on primal food is still a binge=too much food makes one feel yucky!

I got myself back on track today with my food and exercise but maybe I should quit drinking too. After all Thanksgiving isn't really that far away, right?

Bags

Bags
    Primal Since 10/2009

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast