Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The US Government Hard at Work page

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member

The US Government Hard at Work

Primal Fuel
    Keeping us safe from raw milk: Feds sting Amish farmer selling raw milk locally - Washington Times

A yearlong sting operation, including aliases, a 5 a.m. surprise inspection and surreptitious purchases from an Amish farm in Pennsylvania, culminated in the federal government announcing this week that it has gone to court to stop Rainbow Acres Farm from selling its contraband to willing customers in the Washington area.

The product in question: unpasteurized milk.

I mean, OK you want to go after the poor bastard but couldn't you just walk in and ask "Are you selling raw milk?" Amish farmer I assume will tell the truth: "Yup." "Well, you're under arrest." Done.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

sarahmasteller is offline Senior Member
    Yeah it's out of control...truly sad. I can hardly believe it's come to this.

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for posting this! It's a great article to remember. To link to in a link love. To spread across the web. To get the word out about primal. I have yet to try raw milk but want to so bad you have no idea.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

pattyd is offline Senior Member
    I love raw milk
    "Anxiety is a sign of spiritual insecurity"
    www.beachbodycoach.com/fatbusters

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    This is why Canada is better.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    There have been quite a few raids in recent historyhttp://youtu.be/X2jgpGyyQW8

theholla is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyBlue View Post
    I mean, OK you want to go after the poor bastard but couldn't you just walk in and ask "Are you selling raw milk?" Amish farmer I assume will tell the truth: "Yup." "Well, you're under arrest." Done.
    They probably didn't do that because it's actually legal to sell raw milk in Pennsylvania. It doesn't become a crime until the raw milk crosses state lines. They had to set up the sting so they could bust him under the interstate commerce clause.

SMH.
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by theholla View Post
    They probably didn't do that because it's actually legal to sell raw milk in Pennsylvania. It doesn't become a crime until the raw milk crosses state lines. They had to set up the sting so they could bust him under the interstate commerce clause.

SMH.
    nothing like abusing the "commerce clause" which was never meant to be used to justify every act of government like it is today
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    My dad and I have had several conversations about black market food- how many we already consume and which foods we love that will become illegal. *sigh*

And people think we aren't losing our freedoms...

Cassandra is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Our taxes hard at work defending the citizens!!!!

That is an good example of the government making laws from a knee-jerk reaction years ago because some people got sick from it. Once the law is made it is never repealed.

I watched Stossel one night on a similar story of a nice retired couple (I believe in Texas) that was in the orchid business. They allegedly sold a type of rare orchid without the proper paperwork. They lost everything and the hubby went to jail. Never been in trouble in his life. WTF
    I learned a valuable lesson with the first steer I sent to slaughter. I should have named him Hamburger and not Snookers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast