Thread: Other Uses For Nonedible "Food" on PB. page

ArrGee is offline Member

Other Uses For Nonedible "Food" on PB.

Primal Fuel
    So, now that I'm on the PB, I have several "food" items that will not be going into my belly. However, I don't really like to waste stuff, so I'm trying to figure out other uses for them. For example, I can use the oatmeal in my bath (the winter did a number on my tender, tropical-raised skin.) I haven't figured out a use for the huge bottle of canola oil, though (these jokes write themselves )

Anyone have experiences, ideas, or resources for using foods you won't be eating?

belinda is offline Senior Member
    I been taking my 'leftovers' in to work and giving them away.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

theholla is offline Senior Member
    If you have any cast iron pots and pans, you can hold onto the canola oil for seasoning.

I kept most of my grain products, and have been slowly feeding them to various house guests. It's my favorite strategy for entertaining while on the PB - make some nice primal entrees, and offer rice/quinoa/polenta/whatever on the side.
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

Doddibot is offline Senior Member
    With the oil, you could lube any squeaky doors, buff stainless steel appliances or polish your wood furniture. I hear it's a good rust-proofer for garden tools too.

On this topic, my grains have all found better uses. I've stuck all my wheatberries (and quinoa and rice) into a couple of socks, which I microwave. Heats up nicely, to keep me warm and toasty through the admittedly very brief winter we have here. The millet I gave to my neighbour, as she raises a few chickens. There's also a little bit of rice used to keep my coriander seeds dry.
    "Thanks to the combination of meat, calcium-rich leaf foods, and a vigorous life, the early hunter-gatherers were robust, with strong skeletons, jaws, and teeth." - Harold McGee, On Food And Cooking: The Science and Lore of the Kitchen

theholla is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddibot View Post
    With the oil, you could lube any squeaky doors, buff stainless steel appliances or polish your wood furniture....
    Have you had success using oil on stainless steel? My mom just recently tried using olive oil on her fridge, and said it looked incredible at first but showed fingerprints more easily. I'm still using nasty chemicals on my fridge and am looking for alternatives.
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    When I switched from vegan to megavore I donated all my packs of soya beans to a food bank.

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Modern art: http://www.wackyarchives.com/offbeat...culptures.html these ones are mostly primal but you get the idea
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html