View Poll Results: Do You Eat Any Type of Dairy At All?

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

146 85.38%
  • No

19 11.11%
  • No more than once per week

6 3.51%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Do You Eat Any Type of Dairy At All? page 8

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by wildwabbit View Post
    In my refrigerator:
    - 3 gallons of raw milk (grass fed)
    - 2 pints of raw heavy cream (grass fed)
    - 2 pints of raw milk yogurt (grass fed)
    - half a pint remaining of 1 pint raw kefir (grass fed)
    - 5 sticks of kerrygold
    - a few bags of bleu cheese
    - A triangle of hard swiss cheese
    - About 5 sticks of cheddar cheese

Just finished off a quart of store bought heavy cream to whip into whipped cream.

So yes, you could say I eat "any type of dairy at all", or more appropriately "every type of dairy at all".
    Damn. I wish I was able to digest dairy and handle dairy that well. Lol.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

john_solo is offline Senior Member
    I saw really impressive results cutting out dairy (I dropped the last ten pounds) when I went Whole30. Since then I've had some cheese occasionally, but its no longer a regular part of my diet. Clearly that's what was helping to keep the weight on.

Tara is offline Senior Member
    I'm doing Whole 30 right now so no dairy for me... I miss cheese and sour cream and yogurt though. It's not AS hard as I thought it would be but I still think that I will add butter back in after I am done.

primalblonde is offline Member

Wink I need to jump on the butter train!

WOW, almost everyone eats butter!! I wanna eat butter now! LOL I'm trying to lose my last 5-10 lbs. Do y'all think I'll lose weight more effectively without it? I was introduced to PB after deciding to go paleo (haven't even finished my first week yet), so I originally planned on cutting out dairy completely...but I love cheese. Before going paleo, I was following the bodybuilder's diet - and if I had any dairy, it was fat free. Boo! I want the real stuff again. & that Kerrygold sounds amazing!

Up to this point I've been pretty afraid of saturated fats, with the exception of coconut...I'm still confused about everyone eating it. Are the people who are trying to get lean using heavy cream, full fat cheese, full fat sour cream, etc.?? Or is it just the ones who know PB is a lifestyle, so they decide to treat themselves bc it doesn't matter in the big scheme of things?? I hope the way I put that made sense, lol

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    I eat 6-8oz of cheese every day. Usually in one big ass chunk. Plus a few tbsp of butter. Will have cream and berries every now and again. Probably half a gallon of whole milk per week.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Kaylee99 is offline Senior Member
    Butter, sour cream, cheese, yogurt, cream...about the only thing I don't do is drink milk straight. Most is used for cooking or to add to a dish. I think hubby would divorce me if I banned dairy from the house, LOL! Cheese is his chocolate.
    See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

Kaylee99 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by primalblonde View Post
    Are the people who are trying to get lean using heavy cream, full fat cheese, full fat sour cream, etc.?? Or is it just the ones who know PB is a lifestyle, so they decide to treat themselves bc it doesn't matter in the big scheme of things?? I hope the way I put that made sense, lol
    I'm trying to get lean and, as I understand it, the full fat versions are usually low carb. I can't say I treat myself with the full fat dairy items, I use them too much in everyday cooking but both hubby and I are losing weight. I don't understand coconut oil at all-how to take it, what it does, etc. I've tried cooking with it and it makes things taste sweet to me, and a sweet steak is just weird. Not sure how to incorporate it in our WOE.
    See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678