View Poll Results: Do You Eat Any Type of Dairy At All?

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

146 85.38%
  • No

19 11.11%
  • No more than once per week

6 3.51%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Eat Any Type of Dairy At All? page 2

avelin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Nope - none for the last couple of months. I miss ghee/butter and yoghurt with my curry a little, so maybe I'll have a bit sometime. Just not yet.
    Evolutionary. Ideology that fits biology

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    I don't necessarily eat dairy every day. I try to limit it.

I take whey protein 5 days a week. I take one and a half servings on those days.

I eat cheeses. The cheese I eat most often is parmesan/romano, but it's probably a tablespoon, so it's not really significant quantities. I'll eat occasional cheddar or mozzarella, maybe once a week I'll have one of them. Same thing goes with cream cheese. I use heavy cream every once in awhile, too. I probably don't use butter enough. I have been using coconut oil for all my cooking recently, so the butter lasts a long time for me.

I don't drink milk or eat yogurt at all. I don't drink milk because it stops my fat loss, and I don't eat yogurt because...well, I don't really care for yogurt and there's nothing redeeming about it to make me eat it even if I don't like it. I used to not like avocados at all when I started primal. They tasted like mucous to me. Since they're so good for you, I started forcing myself to eat them and now I'm starting to really like them. I won't be doing that with yogurt.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

norak is offline Senior Member
    Butter and sour cream almost daily. Full fat cream and cheese a few times a week, and milk I am trying to cut down on.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    I've gotten myself down to using butter in my cooking and a bit of thickened (strained) 3% plain yogurt with my frozen berries, and maybe a splash of whipping cream. I might put feta cheese in my salad once every couple of weeks.

If I was at maintenance weight, I might eat more dairy because I really like it in nearly all its forms, but I've still got 20-25 lbs to lose!
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Pastured butter and cheese (lots), heavy cream (lots), whole milk yogurt (some - usually not Greek), whole milk (once in a while), ice cream (rare treat). None raw except sometimes the cheese.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    Butter, occasional hard cheese. I cut cream and yogurt for a Whole 30 and results were impressive, they definitely disagree w/ me.

Buying coconut milk by the case now.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corj View Post
    I eat quite a bit of dairy since I'm a pescatarian - Breakfast is usually some 3.5% fat plain yogurt + some whey pp / My current favorite desert is sheep-milk ricotta with 1/2 square of unsweetened chocolate that I melt a little to mix in. I also eat some feta/goat cheese with my eggies. I don't have a problem digesting dairy so I see no problem with it so far.

I'm currently partway a 7day detox consisting solely of veggies & some protein and I must say I'm going a little nuts missing my dairy.
    So you are a primal pescatarian? I wonder because I think my sister would go for that. She also eats white meat too though.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyBlue View Post
    Butter, occasional hard cheese. I cut cream and yogurt for a Whole 30 and results were impressive, they definitely disagree w/ me.

Buying coconut milk by the case now.
    Where do you buy your coconut milk by the case? Amazon? What brand?
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

ELCO14 is offline Senior Member
    Fetta cheese, heavy cream in coffee and some cottage cheese.
    Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Kerrygold butter with my eggs every morning. That's all you need

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast