Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When will my period come back?? page

g3tL@uren is offline Member

When will my period come back??

Primal Fuel
    I recently (past 4 months) went dieting before going on PB, this involved a week or two of bulimia which i pulled myself out of ASAP. I only ate around 1,000 cals a day. I havent had my last period since mid - February… I'm currently eating around 1,500 and gaining weight but im hoping it will bring back my period so i can try and lose weight again (the PB way). Any ideas on how long this will take??
    "When the climb gets tough, imagine the view from the top"

My Primal Journal

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to MDA!

Are you underweight right now? And how long have you been eating primal? It may take a few more months.

Quote Originally Posted by imasin View Post
    Welcome to MDA!

Are you underweight right now? And how long have you been eating primal? It may take a few more months.
    No im currently 112 and 5'2, mostly fat (not very muscular,working on that) And ive been eating primal roughly one month

My Primal Journal

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    I think it will be important for you to make sure to get a lot of rest/sleep while this happens.

What is a typical day of eating for you like? What do you eat?/What is meal frequency?

Quote Originally Posted by spakesneaker View Post
    I think it will be important for you to make sure to get a lot of rest/sleep while this happens.

What is a typical day of eating for you like? What do you eat?/What is meal frequency?
    I usually eat for breafast, eggs,bacon, or some sort of nut butter

lunch is usually something portable like a salad, or turkey breast with almonds

DInner is like chicken breast, a veggie, and whatever else my parents cook
    I also snack after school which is where im trying to cut back ( i binge eat )

I get around 6-10 hours depending on if it is a school night or not

My Primal Journal

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by g3tL@uren View Post
    I usually eat for breafast, eggs,bacon, or some sort of nut butter

lunch is usually something portable like a salad, or turkey breast with almonds

DInner is like chicken breast, a veggie, and whatever else my parents cook
    I also snack after school which is where im trying to cut back ( i binge eat )

I get around 6-10 hours depending on if it is a school night or not
    You need more fat in your diet. Get some coconut oil, some good fatty beefs or porks in you. All that chicken/turkey breast isn't going to help you with getting your cycle back on track unless you get some fat in you.
    Georgette

theholla is offline Senior Member
    It will go faster if you eat more - around 2500 calories a day is the standard recommendation for a woman recovering from a restrictive eating disorder. Make sure you get plenty of saturated fats. Don't worry about "bingeing" for the time being. It's a natural response for a body that has been undernourished.
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

Hey,
    Don't worry too much about when your period will come back. It's not necessary that a woman have a cycle every month (there's a Paleo-oriented female anthropologist who specializes in these studies and for the life of me I can't remember her name or website. But she's very passionate about us losing that concept of a "normal cycle" - under healthy circumstances, of course, which you're striving for) You're doing great. Just seek balance (as you are) and I promise, your body will reflect it.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by theholla View Post
    It will go faster if you eat more - around 2500 calories a day is the standard recommendation for a woman recovering from a restrictive eating disorder. Make sure you get plenty of saturated fats. Don't worry about "bingeing" for the time being. It's a natural response for a body that has been undernourished.
    +1

Lots of healthy food is the ticket.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Melody is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveGirlEats View Post
    Hey,
    Don't worry too much about when your period will come back. It's not necessary that a woman have a cycle every month (there's a Paleo-oriented female anthropologist who specializes in these studies and for the life of me I can't remember her name or website. But she's very passionate about us losing that concept of a "normal cycle" - under healthy circumstances, of course, which you're striving for) You're doing great. Just seek balance (as you are) and I promise, your body will reflect it.
    umm, no, this is the same thing the raw vegans say. we are supposed to ovulate every month unless we are pregnant or nursing. not ovulating is a pretty big sign that something wrong is going on.
    and right now you're gaining weight so that you can lose weight? and mostly fat at 112 lbs? i think you need a hormone panel and some therapy (i say this gently but truely) to see if you have some issues that can be worked out on your journey to overall health.
    how old are you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast