Thread: Really Good Oven-Fried Buffalo wings page

ottercat is offline Senior Member

Really Good Oven-Fried Buffalo wings

Primal Fuel
    Really Good Oven-Fried Buffalo Wings | Serious Eats : Recipes

this method works really well!!! I grilled them instead of baking them ('cause you can get the grill up to 500+ degrees without feeling like you're wasting electricity) and they came out crunchy on the outside, juicy on the inside and lots of bones left over for soup =D.

I did some with the tradition butter + Frank's and tried others with some paleo bbq sauce when they were nearly done. Excited to try this method with other chicken parts as well.

Can you tell I'm excited???? Had to share!

d2mini is offline Senior Member
    Why the baking powder and resting?
    Usually i just throw the raw wings in the oven, cook for 45 minutes turning once, and then broil for 5 minutes on each side to crisp them up.
    Haven't tried the grill though, good idea.
    And i loooooove that Franks/butter sauce. But i add a few squirts of Sriracha sauce for an extra kick.
    -dennis

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The baking powder and resting dry out the skin so that it can get reaaaaally crisp in the oven. I've tried that recipe and it's gold
    In fact, baking powder and/or salting and drying out in the refrigerator are always recommended whenever you're making roast chicken and have the time. I think the technique was popularized by the famous Cafe Zuni chicken:
    zuni cafe’s roasted chicken + bread salad | smitten kitchen