Thread: Sprints and Shoe Choices page

NutMeg is offline Senior Member

Sprints and Shoe Choices

Primal Fuel
    No question, just mentioning that they kicked my booty this a.m. We did 5 200 meter sprints. I couldn't finish the last one. I usually sprint a shorter distance. I might have to do more of the logner ones, I think it will help me with my fitness run in October.

The shoes are because I hurt my toe when I was running on Tuesday, not sure if it was the run or when the guy was holding my feet by kneeling on them. So my toe is all bruised and sore. I decided I might want a more cushiony shoe to wear today, so I wore my old running shoes. Bad choice! I guess I am already used to wearing my Pace Gloves. The old shoes made my knee hurt.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Seriously, the ONLY place where I feel like conventional running sneakers MIGHT still be useful is in parkour. Only because sometimes those guys land from great heights… however they could most likely benefit from learning how to absorb the shock a little better.

Running sneakers suck, especially for running!

Goldsmith is offline Senior Member
    I did Tabata wind sprints yesterday in my KSO's, I love the feeling when you finish them and basically fall over painting.

Meg, I have been running/training/doing pretty much everything in either Vibrams or Merrell Trail Gloves for the last year. I got in a situation recently where I had to revert back to my old Adidas running shoes... I got about 1 mile into the run and ended up taking them off, hiding them in a bush along the trail and finishing barefoot.
    "Canned food is a perversion,' Ignatius said. 'I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul."
    - John Kennedy Toole (A Confederacy of Dunces)

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldsmith View Post
    I did Tabata wind sprints yesterday in my KSO's, I love the feeling when you finish them and basically fall over painting.

Meg, I have been running/training/doing pretty much everything in either Vibrams or Merrell Trail Gloves for the last year. I got in a situation recently where I had to revert back to my old Adidas running shoes... I got about 1 mile into the run and ended up taking them off, hiding them in a bush along the trail and finishing barefoot.
    So funny! I seriously considered taking off my shoes and running barefoot too!