Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: crossfit page

eira is offline Member

crossfit

Shop Now
    going to my first session this weekend!
    unfortunately i don't have any aethletic shoes- (i'm a doc martin kinda gal) what do you recommend? what works best for you? typical running shoe? vibram five finger?

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Well, I wear doc martins at crossfit all the time

eira is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post
    Well, I wear doc martins at crossfit all the time
    ur pulling my leg?

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eira View Post
    ur pulling my leg?
    Yes, I am in fact pulling your leg

You'd probably break an ankle in those things. Get some vibrams, chuck taylors, or maybe even some nike free's and you are good to go. I personally prefer chuck's on lifting days and vibrams on metcon days.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I don’t do CF but I use these for everything, including every type of workout I do including sprinting. They are minimalist sneakers, you feel the ground a lot. I have not worn VFFs ever so I can’t say how they compare, I assume they feel more padded than VFFs but they are definitely not as thick as Chuck’s. … you might consider them as they’re ridiculously cheap and durable. It’s kind of like wearing a tough sock, I’d say.

Crossfitters, thoughts?

Amazon.com: Feiyue Martial Arts Shoes, White, 45: Sports & Outdoors

donnasue is offline Junior Member
    I am fairly new to crossfit and "barefoot" exercise but I would definitely recommend the five fingers - I love mine! I think they help with getting the squats right and they keep the bottoms of my feet from hurting (which no other athletic shoe has ever done). My husband ordered Merrells about a month ago and loves them as well - they don't look quite as odd Whatever you decide -- good luck with your first crossfit session!

robf is offline Member
    Flat shoes, like chucks are good, merrell barefoot, VFF, or just a pair of normal running shoes if you don't have the other kinds listed here or on a budget. I do CF and wear VFF. Whatever you wear, you'll get benefits from doing CF. Good luck and enjoy the workout!

Charlie Golf is offline Senior Member
    I went and observed my first CF workout recently and plan on joining the box soon. I think I will probably use my Nike Frees for any WOD that has running involved (unless I get some Bikilas or Treks any time soon) and my VFF KSOs for everything else.
    iHerb.com 1st time buyer $5 discount code: GIS836

Balance is offline Senior Member
    I normally use Nike Free's. I have a pair for sprinting and for playing basketball. I haven't been injured yet in them and they are very minimal shoe. You can get some good deals on the old Nike Free's if you don't have a very popular size, the new Nike Free's just came out but there are a ton of deals on the old ones based on availability.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

coake is offline Junior Member
    I wear the Vibram Bikilas when I train. They work great for running, weight lifting, and anything else you do in crossfit.

It takes some getting used to, but I would never switch back to normal shoes after using them for a while. Just don't over do it in the beginning! Your leg muscles and feet need to get used to the work involved with barefoot movements. After a while your legs will become much stronger and you'll feel the improvement in your abilities.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast