Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What's harder to digest: raw or cooked? page 4

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I've been hearing a lot about the benefits of eating raw food, so am trying it with veggies. So far I've had carrots and beets raw (I'm fine with them cooked). Felt gassy and discomfort in the stomach. I always thought I had strong digestive fire, but maybe I'm wrong. I never get gas with meat, eggs, fish, though everyone says eggs are hard to digest.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by girlhk View Post
    I've been hearing a lot about the benefits of eating raw food, so am trying it with veggies. So far I've had carrots and beets raw (I'm fine with them cooked). Felt gassy and discomfort in the stomach. I always thought I had strong digestive fire, but maybe I'm wrong. I never get gas with meat, eggs, fish, though everyone says eggs are hard to digest.
    Really? I digest eggs easily, raw or lightly cooked or even hard boiled. 2-4 a day (just bought 5 dozen eggs). They are one of the earliest primal protein foods imo, eggs & bugs. Neither fights back or requires long chases or hunting them down & both can be eaten on the spot & are highly nutritious & absorbable. Cooking &/or fermentation pre-digests our food in advance, while raw must be blended &/or thoroughly chewed to be optimally digested. Chewing is so important for all food, always.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    My motto is:

Eat foods.

Real foods.

Eat plants.

Eat animals.

Eat them cooked.

Eat them raw.

In sum, eat a primal diet, including BOTH cooked and raw vegetables, meats, and oils in your diet. For those new to raw protein sources start with sashimi and maybe a nice pate to get you used to it. For veggies, dip them in sauce or just eat an occasional salad. For cooked, we should already know the drill.

The reason for eating both ways in my opinion is, that certain nutrients are best absorbed from foods in their raw state and certain nutrients are better assimilated from cooked foods. Eating both kinds of foods will help to optimize your nutrient intake. Plus, you give your digestive system a chance to digest food in a wide variety of states, so, if you ever have to eat food in a given form for whatever reason, your body already has the experience and knows what to do with it. There will never be an undue shock to your system.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Just try to eat raw vegetables for a few days. You'll spend more time on the toilet than you will anywhere else. It's very obvious raw veggies are total BS for the most part. Fruit's cool, and avocados, etc. But leafy greens? They just come out the other end looking exactly the way they went in.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

david vose is offline Junior Member
    Hi Everyone! I have to say that we humans have really gotten confused about everything we do and believe. I am David. I have studied this beautiful subject of health for years. I have been strictly no meat for 6 years and developing a better diet for many years. I think we need common sense. When we were in a paradiscal state, yes the earth was once BETTER than now, look at the red woods and the mamoths found as far north as siberia. Anyway. Man, because of GOVERNMENT and HUMAN laws, (serpent and tree of knowledge) do this, dont do that, - has fallen into a state of hypocracy and ignorance. (guilt) We forgot mother natures ways. ON TO THE POINT. We originaly ate only FRUIT, we are not supposed to eat high complex carbs and cellulose.. or roots and leaves, only FRUIT. That which naturaly falls off the plant. So, naturally if we are going to be so stupid as to eat a ROOT, like potatos and carrots and brocoli, or seeds, like wheat beans and pods, we will need to cook them, so they can be digested at all. HOWEVER, even AFTER we cook these complex carbs and cellullose, we may find that it is too much on many people digestive SYSTEM AND GIVES GAS AND MAKES OUR BODIES ACIDIC. Our organs cannot clean this up for long and we develope desease. When the person eats fruit, such as a tomato or a pear, it is composed mainly of ENERGY, fructose or another kind of TOSE, pure energy from the sun, it is done wonderfully by nature. The leaves shouldnt be eaten, they serve to recieve the sun rays like a satilite does, and the roots absorb the water and nutrients and wa la, by trans substantiation, the body and blood of GOD is recieved right into your BODY and the living energy of the sun, is brought in to your cells. Of course, when someone who is so toxic as to have been poisoned for years with these roots and seeds, ussually bitter and arsenigenic, tries to live on this true energy, he may get sick for awhile as the body goes thru detox.. David

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    I think that everyone digests foods differently. For me, the foods I eat NEED TO BE COOKED (well roughage) otherwise, these foods get stuck in my intestines and cause massive amounts of pain.

freerangepiglings is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by david vose View Post
    Hi Everyone! I have to say that we humans have really gotten confused about everything we do and believe. I am David. I have studied this beautiful subject of health for years. I have been strictly no meat for 6 years and developing a better diet for many years. I think we need common sense. When we were in a paradiscal state, yes the earth was once BETTER than now, look at the red woods and the mamoths found as far north as siberia. Anyway. Man, because of GOVERNMENT and HUMAN laws, (serpent and tree of knowledge) do this, dont do that, - has fallen into a state of hypocracy and ignorance. (guilt) We forgot mother natures ways. ON TO THE POINT. We originaly ate only FRUIT, we are not supposed to eat high complex carbs and cellulose.. or roots and leaves, only FRUIT. That which naturaly falls off the plant. So, naturally if we are going to be so stupid as to eat a ROOT, like potatos and carrots and brocoli, or seeds, like wheat beans and pods, we will need to cook them, so they can be digested at all. HOWEVER, even AFTER we cook these complex carbs and cellullose, we may find that it is too much on many people digestive SYSTEM AND GIVES GAS AND MAKES OUR BODIES ACIDIC. Our organs cannot clean this up for long and we develope desease. When the person eats fruit, such as a tomato or a pear, it is composed mainly of ENERGY, fructose or another kind of TOSE, pure energy from the sun, it is done wonderfully by nature. The leaves shouldnt be eaten, they serve to recieve the sun rays like a satilite does, and the roots absorb the water and nutrients and wa la, by trans substantiation, the body and blood of GOD is recieved right into your BODY and the living energy of the sun, is brought in to your cells. Of course, when someone who is so toxic as to have been poisoned for years with these roots and seeds, ussually bitter and arsenigenic, tries to live on this true energy, he may get sick for awhile as the body goes thru detox.. David
    Well this is properly hilarious. Thanks for the belly laugh!

peril is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by freerangepiglings View Post
    Well this is properly hilarious. Thanks for the belly laugh!
    Agree. An elephant stamp for david vose
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234