Thread: Primal Sushi (with Cauliflower "rice") page

pamelafox is offline Junior Member

Primal Sushi (with Cauliflower "rice")

Shop Now
    Ever since discovering the versatility of cauliflower, I've been meaning to try to make sushi with cauliflower rice instead of white rice. I finally did it this week, and I'm really happy with the result. It's surprisingly easy to do, too, once you get used to the prep+rolling+cutting process.

I wrote it up on my blog here:
    Cauliflower Sushi - Pamela Goes Primal

So far I've just been making egg and tuna rolls, but I'm thinking it'd be fun to have a primal sushi making party to make more variations.

HillsideGina is offline Senior Member
    Wow. Drool....

Corj is offline Junior Member
    Thank you so much for posting this! I've been craving sushi lately, bought the nori but hadn't thought of cauliflower rice. I came across radish wrappers (daikon I believe) at my Japanese market so am also looking forward to experimenting with those this weekend.

I love that you added egg to that recipe! Have you tried coconut aminos? I actually like the taste better than soy sauce...

Now I have to show you my cauli rice obsession...Paella, Fried Rice, Jambalaya, Mexican rice...

We be Jambalayan’ | CaveGirlEats
    Fajita Extravaganza…Viva la Cauli Rice. | CaveGirlEats

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Pamela, just out of curiosity, can you not "cheat" by eating sushi with rice every once in awhile? White rice is probably the most benign carbohydrate on the planet, and if you are doing any kind of fitness work it's probably going to help you more than hurt you. However, I say that not knowing anything about you so I could be wrong

The reason I say this is because of this line on your blog: "...and watching in envy as my friends gobble up different sushi variations"

It made me sad! I don't eat rice all that often, but when I get invited out for sushi once or twice a month, it just isn't the same experience without it! Sashimi is great, but it gets old quick.

Either way, your roll looks delicious and looks like a great substitute for the real deal.

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post
    Pamela, just out of curiosity, can you not "cheat" by eating sushi with rice every once in awhile? White rice is probably the most benign carbohydrate on the planet, and if you are doing any kind of fitness work it's probably going to help you more than hurt you. However, I say that not knowing anything about you so I could be wrong

The reason I say this is because of this line on your blog: "...and watching in envy as my friends gobble up different sushi variations"

It made me sad! I don't eat rice all that often, but when I get invited out for sushi once or twice a month, it just isn't the same experience without it! Sashimi is great, but it gets old quick.

Either way, your roll looks delicious and looks like a great substitute for the real deal.
    I understand where you are coming from. I, too, will enjoy the rice. Nine of us went out for sushi just a few hours after Primal Con was finished. From what I remember, 4 of us got rolls and only one requested it without rice because she is completely sensitive to gluten.

With that being said, some are restricting there carbs and white rice would do harm. And, some are very sensitive to gluten that they don't even want to come close to touching it. And, its just cool to be able to create a sushi roll without the rice!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I saw some great rolls on another site using crab, cucumber and avocado. Can't wait to make them!

DM613 is offline Junior Member
    I am are new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself .. I decided to enroll after a while 'I was reading the forum and all the good advice ..approaching the summer and I decided to get back a bit 'in the form .. I do sports (tennis and running) and I always tend to control what I eat, with ups and downs! I then discuss some interesting 'tricks and tips for proper nutrition ..I guess we will be fine!Good afternoon everyone!

cookie is offline Senior Member
    wow, that is super impressive! i can't WAIT to try this.

cookie is offline Senior Member
    ps howdy to you, dm613. does "dm" stand for dungeon master, or what?