Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Damn you, Tucker Max. page

iniQuity is online now Senior Member

Damn you, Tucker Max.

Shop Now
    I used to read Tucker Maxís stuff A LOT back in the day, I even bought his book. I found the guy really witty and hilarious, definitely cocky and often times just a flat out asshole, but an interesting guy to read. His whole persona is (or maybe was? I havenít read his site in over a year) that of being an asshole, drinking beer, being generally obnoxious, and doing a lot of things that a lot of guys wish they could do. Heís a pretty smart guy through it all though, even though I havenít painted the best picture of him.

Turns out this jerkoff has been paleo since 07Ö yet didnít let loose a mumbling word about it on his site ever. It certainly didnít apply to his material (which was mostly about getting drunk and getting laid, all in hilarious ways) but I sure wish he had! I certainly would have looked it up earlier. Now that I think on it, most of the stories pre-date his Paleo ďawakeningĒ so to speak, so I wonder if he chilled out on the whole beer-drinking thingÖ

Heís not only Paleo, heís pretty hardcore about it, fermented foods, raw vegs every now and then, marrow, the whole 9.

Anyway, I donít know how many of you guys had heard about him before, but hereís what heís got to say on it (I got the link from Hunter-gatherer.comís latest blog post) I like how heís flat-out with it, true to his character.

Adult Swim : Celeb-Nerdy with Tucker Max

I just realized thereís really not much to discuss here, as heís saying nothing new, still, felt like sharing.

aktres is offline Senior Member
    That's actually a good article. Makes me think I need to take a look at kombucha and fermented stuff. So much to learn!

geostump is online now Senior Member
    I need to read that at home tonight.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by aktres View Post
    That's actually a good article. Makes me think I need to take a look at kombucha and fermented stuff. So much to learn!
    I know! I have mini-projects laid out for myself so that I get cracking on all this… I’ve neglected fermented foods and things like bone broths, marrow, liver, etc.. I’ve had liver maybe once since going Primal over a year ago. Definitely need to step it up.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Bone broths are great and I do enjoy chicken livers a lot. Need to work my way back up to beef liver. Marrow could be interesting.
    Georgette

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Great article! Thanks for sharing.

I drink home-brewed kombucha daily. Just starting another batch today, in fact!

Styrofoam Jones is offline Senior Member
    "Look. I'm not a f***ing fruitcake. I understand that Snickers bars are f***ing delicious. No fact about paleo is going to ever change the fact that Snickers are f***ing delicious. So once a month or something I'm going to eat a f***ing Snickers bar because they're f***ing delicious."

Lmao. That was refreshing. I'm so sick of hardcore paleos acting like they're beyond the enjoyment of such rancid modern poisons as a candy bar.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i really liked that article...the straightforwardness of it is probably great for showing people what primal/paleo is all about. and i, too, need to get with the fermented foods a little more.

Bodhi is offline Senior Member
    I had a F**king Almond Joy Bar yesterday.
    ...how do you look, feel, and perform? -- Robb Wolf

My Blog.

Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    i really liked that article...the straightforwardness of it is probably great for showing people what primal/paleo is all about. and i, too, need to get with the fermented foods a little more.
    Those were my thoughts precisely. I always liked Tucker Max for how straight forward he was with everything. I also have a handful of buddies that used to read his stuff so I’m sure they’ll actually read this one!

Regarding the candy bar comment it’s so spot on, especially because he goes on to say that it doesn’t make him feel all that good after, but that it’s not like taking a dose of cyanide like a lot of people make it out to be.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast