Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with fat cravings!!! page

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Ok my primal friends, I need some help. I don't think I'm getting enough fat. I have been under the weather this week, as well as my nursling, so I've been doubly taxed. I've been eating lots of protein, but I don't think enough fat.

Now I'm craving fat. Yesterday I tried just eating a spoonful of coconut oil, and gagged. Ew. I keep eying up the butter, but... well...

I made myself some whipped cream and ate it with some sauteed apples and nuts, but I need fat without the sugar yk?

What are your quick on the go sources of fat?

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

Do you not like coconut? I can eat oil by the spoonful and can drink coconut milk by the can. Those are my main sources. Other than that, I always scramble my eggs in the leftover bacon fat so that none is wasted.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Griff is offline Senior Member

I scramble eggs in bacon fat, as Primalchild does, and then pour the remaining fat over the scrambled eggs. I have been known to lick plates.

Try putting the coconut oil in a hot drink like tea or coffee. I've heard that it makes it more palatable.

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Why not just bite into that butter stick? I do it all the time!

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Yech. I&#39;m not into eating hunks of pure butter or coconut oil, either -- though I like both for cooking.

How about some fatty, grass-fed ground beef (or leaner conventional beef browned in coconut oil, butter, or palm oil) sauteed with a few veggies and spices, or in a chili or spaghetti sauce (no beans or pasta)?

I like to add up to 1/4 cup of coconut cream to a large mug of peppermint tea. Delicious.

Nut butter. Spinach wilted in bacon fat and topped with crumbled bacon. Sausage and egg omelets cooked in butter and topped with avocado. Salmon "breaded" with coconut oil and dessicated coconut (unsweetened) and baked.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Thanks for the ideas everyone!

I don&#39;t mind the taste of coconut oil, I think it was the waxy globby weird texture that made me gag!

I do cook with bacon grease and save the fat... maybe I just need to cook more things with it. Everything else gets cooked with butter or coconut oil. I&#39;ve been grilling though over the last few days, so haven&#39;t been adding fat. Hmmmm...

(I did have a bite of butter, and really loved it. *blush* Now I know why my toddler always has his fingers in the butter dish!)

I think I&#39;ll start trying to drink more coconut cream too. Maybe with some chai tea tonight.

I was just looking for some quick non cook ideas, for inbetween meals when suddenly my body craves fat. I notice if I let the fat craving go to long, it morphs into a sugar craving.

-John Lennon

Annika is offline Senior Member

Coconut milk/cream blended with frozen blueberries to make ice cream! YUM!

My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

lbd
    lbd is offline Junior Member

We buy pastured pork from a local Amish family. The pork butt portion is very fatty, so I cook it long and slow in the oven and a ton of fat just melts out of it (which I save, of course). I cut off a good bit after it has cooked for awhile to render lard from. However, the crispy pieces around the edges are unbelievably delicious and full of wonderfully flavorful fat! Yum! Tastes a lot better than coconut oil

Thanks Annika and lbd, those are great ideas!

-John Lennon

gazb is offline Junior Member

lbd, that reminds me of a recent Hyperlipid entry:

http://high-fat-nutrition.blogspot.com/2009/11/food-lardo-real-thing.html

Pork, mostly fat. I need to get myself some of that!

Anyway I often just eat a bit of butter or coconut oil as a snack. However last night I ate a bit of both as a bedtime snack then felt really ill, got stomach pains and all sorts! No idea what caused it, but the butter did taste a bit funny so maybe it was off.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast